1. The wait is over! Download the BeerAdvocate app on iTunes or Google Play now.
  2. Get 12 issues / year of BeerAdvocate magazine for only $9.99!

Real Ale Brewing Company Introduces Brewers' Cut Series

Discussion in 'US - Southwest' started by Todd, Oct 19, 2012.

1. Lol I wish that was it.

Nah. I didn't drink anything else that night. It was all I cared to drink since I was craving something exactly like it so it tasted perfect and was the only beer I bought that night.

I'm glad to know I wasn't the only one.
  2. canadianghetto

canadianghetto Savant (475) Texas Oct 15, 2011

I drank a 6-pack of the single hop pale very quickly since it had already seemed teetering on the edge. I had a bottle at a friends house a week or so later and it had turned weird and we poured it out. That was like 2 months ago so I can only imagine how it is now. I thought it was great while fresh though.

I also noticed that you can go to their website (http://brewerscut.com/home#contact) and make recommendations for future Brewers Cut beers. I sent a submission for a Berliner Weisse since I know that Real Ale could make a great one if they tried, plus the lack of hardly any Berliners on shelves in TX.
    wolffman17 likes this.
  3. All TX beers are on sale at HEB. AT least they were yeserday. Good time to try these if you are middle class like me. I picked up the porter. I like it, but I don't like-like it.
    Ford likes this.
  4. ThirdEyePA

ThirdEyePA Savant (370) Texas Nov 7, 2011

Haven't seen the Red or Porter yet in Waco. I'm hoping it's soon. I saw tons of the Single Hop and Black Quad.
  5. Ford

Ford Savant (470) Texas Sep 8, 2012

Hoping to see the porter this week...
  6. rainerschuhsler

rainerschuhsler Savant (350) Texas May 17, 2012

I've seen it at a couple different HEBs in Houston. Not sure why Spec's doesn't have it yet.
  7. BK1017

BK1017 Aficionado (195) Texas Nov 9, 2009

Yeah good call on the Berliner. I think it would be a kick ass lawnmower beer, and would be a good entrance into the craft beer scene for many BMC drinkers. I think I'll send a submission for a Scottish 60 schilling. Not enough low ABV scottish ales around here.

BK
  8. videofrog

videofrog Savant (470) Texas Nov 13, 2010

Ganja-style:

Real Ale posted a link to this review on their FB page.
  9. wolffman17

wolffman17 Savant (405) Texas Jul 14, 2005

Suggested a few: Berliner, Gose, Saison. Would love to see them brew a Saison.
    cfh64 likes this.
  10. Ford

I still haven't had any luck on the Porter in the Clear Lake area..
  11. hahaha if you like smoking marijuana you'll like drinking this beer, best review ever
  12. wolffman17

wolffman17 Savant (405) Texas Jul 14, 2005

Response from Real Ale: "Excellent. Those are all on the list. Thanks for the feedback. Cheers!"
    canadianghetto likes this.
  13. darocny

darocny Aficionado (110) Texas Oct 14, 2012

The Imperial Red is good, but my basis of comparison is Red Rocket. The Imperial Red has too much alcohol up front for the style IMO. The Porter is another matter. It is excellent and I was lucky to come across a random single sixer at specs downtown on monday.
  14. mattisloco

mattisloco Savant (455) Texas Feb 13, 2007

Have you had Peticolas Velvet Hammer? The best Imp Red I've ever had.
  15. Ford

I saw the Porter at specs Bay Area today.... I actually didn't pick it up, because I expect this to be pretty easy to find over the next month or so... once it really starts hitting... I can still find Black Quad...
  16. H0rnedFr0gs

H0rnedFr0gs Savant (425) Texas Mar 12, 2012

Drinking the Morgul now. Is this the same porter just aged or different?
  17. mattisloco

mattisloco Savant (455) Texas Feb 13, 2007

Where? Live Oak? Damn that wonderful place being so far away.
  18. H0rnedFr0gs

Yep. This place is really solid.

As a music fanatic (perhaps more so than beer..agast) it's great to have a place that has an insane draft and bottle list combined with a world class venue. Me and the lady caught Xavier Rudd last month and drank Bishops Barrel while jamming 10 ft from a dude used to playing in front of 10k+ people with only 200 people in the crowd
    Ford likes this.
  19. DanzBorin

DanzBorin Initiate (0) Texas Apr 11, 2012

Had a morgul last night. Had a light sour taste that faded (but never went away). It just wasn't very good.

I heard its the coffee porter without the coffee.
  20. champ103

champ103 Champion (860) Texas Sep 3, 2007

21. H0rnedFr0gs

I wouldn't buy it all the time but it was worth trying once. I'm a big fan of both these series based on experience...Real Ale has definitely stepped up their game.
    Ford and champ103 like this.
  22. blatherbeard

blatherbeard Savant (420) Texas Sep 30, 2007

So far, the black quad is my favorite of the series. The red and porter have too much hop profile for me, but i did still enjoy the porter. I expected it to actually be more hop forward but it was all too overpowering, so it wasnt bad, just not for me.
  23. rainerschuhsler

rainerschuhsler Savant (350) Texas May 17, 2012

There is no coffee in Morgul.
  24. champ103

champ103 Champion (860) Texas Sep 3, 2007

Do'h, you are right, so use to saying coffee porter with Real Ale.
  25. darocny

darocny Aficionado (110) Texas Oct 14, 2012

I haven't, but would love to. I gotta make it to Dallas for some beer.