1. The wait is over! Download the BeerAdvocate app on iTunes or Google Play now.
  2. Get 12 issues / year of BeerAdvocate magazine for only $9.99!

Recommendations on getting some nice gose

Discussion in 'Beer Talk' started by sendsilk, Jan 11, 2013.

1. sendsilk

sendsilk Advocate (500) Florida Aug 31, 2007

Hi,
    I have recently been pretty excited about several different goses I have had lately. They were never on my radar nefore, but they a so nice and easy to drink! Rapp brewing, choco and Westbrook have all been very nice. I am looking to try and expand into some other breweries version of gose. It would appear that I will have to try and get growlers of them since, I imagine, not a lot of them look to be bottled. Any suggestion, recommendation, and/or help getting them would be appreciated.

Thanks,
    Matt
  2. sendsilk

Anyone? Anyone!
  3. Get some fresh Ohne Bedenken. As much as I want to support local boys Westbrook, that's not what Gose tastes like.
    sendsilk likes this.
  4. sendsilk

Yes, I was not actually a fan of the Weatbrook Gose. Apparently too much grass/wheat in it for my taste. But it wasd the third best of the three I tried.
  5. I liked it for the first few sips, but after that it became simultaneously too cloying and unctuous (not a good combination). When I drank at Ohne Bedenken those beers went down very nicely -- and rapidly -- indeed. More like a (very) slightly sour/salty Hefeweizen. Good stuff...but get it fresh; I bought one here that was heavily oxidized and didn't resemble the real thing at all. Cheers.