1. American Craft Beer Fest returns to Boston on May 29 & 30, featuring 640+ beers from 140+ brewers. Tickets are on sale now.

Recommendations on getting some nice gose

Discussion in 'Beer Talk' started by sendsilk, Jan 11, 2013.

1. sendsilk

sendsilk Advocate (500) Florida Aug 31, 2007

Hi,
    I have recently been pretty excited about several different goses I have had lately. They were never on my radar nefore, but they a so nice and easy to drink! Rapp brewing, choco and Westbrook have all been very nice. I am looking to try and expand into some other breweries version of gose. It would appear that I will have to try and get growlers of them since, I imagine, not a lot of them look to be bottled. Any suggestion, recommendation, and/or help getting them would be appreciated.

Thanks,
    Matt

2. sendsilk

Anyone? Anyone!

3. Get some fresh Ohne Bedenken. As much as I want to support local boys Westbrook, that's not what Gose tastes like.

sendsilk likes this.
  4. sendsilk

Yes, I was not actually a fan of the Weatbrook Gose. Apparently too much grass/wheat in it for my taste. But it wasd the third best of the three I tried.

5. I liked it for the first few sips, but after that it became simultaneously too cloying and unctuous (not a good combination). When I drank at Ohne Bedenken those beers went down very nicely -- and rapidly -- indeed. More like a (very) slightly sour/salty Hefeweizen. Good stuff...but get it fresh; I bought one here that was heavily oxidized and didn't resemble the real thing at all. Cheers.