1. BeerAdvocate on your phone?! True story. Try the beta now.

Region Specific IP-Trade Forum

Discussion in 'Beer Trading General / Help' started by mctizzz, Dec 1, 2013.

1. Jeffo

Jeffo Member

This would be an obvious addition, or simply allow IP trades to be posted in the regional European forums. Lots of people travel through here and there is no logical place for them to post an obvious IP trade request.

Jeff
    digita7693 likes this.
  2. amnesia85

amnesia85 Member

I get frustrated with this forum as I'm from CT, which is a part of New England. Majority "New England" IP iso:FT is for IP VT. It would be nice to have a separate "southern New England" or at least a separate "Vermont" to distinguish the difference. That is all thanks!
  3. Jmitchell3

Jmitchell3 Member

I was just thinking about that. When it comes to IP trades, one really should be able to search posts by BA'er location....by radius from a zip or address, i.e. "20 miles around 85310" or the like. Searching all day for someone in the Southwest region is a bit pointless...its a big desert out here!
  4. Danny1217

Danny1217 Member

Just write "IP CT." If you think New England is too big you should see the south atlantic. I'm in south florida and going to virginia for an ip trade would be quite a drive.
    TonyJ815, c64person and tectactoe like this.
  5. amnesia85

amnesia85 Member

Ok well put it this way I understand that there are larger sections in the country then New England. I get it. CA must be a bitch too. These examples in this thread are true. However I'm tired for reading this forum and would participate but I'm sick of scouring for New England only to find it is VT. I know you can't put the state. But when it's optional people put it in different areas. The highlighted mandatory field is easier to scan through. When I browse this forum since it's IP, the location is sometimes more important than the actual beer being traded. I don't have time read all that stuff. It would be easier if there were more sub-states sections that were mandatory, highlighted, and listed first all in the same spot so the user can scan down a line to look for his or her state and states they feel comfortable driving to.
  6. Todd

Todd BA Founder Staff Member

This forum was just recently created. Before this you'd have to manually sift through the ISO:FT forum. So one could argue that this is much better than before.

We'll definitely consider it though.
    tacosandbeer, tommyz and mctizzz like this.
  7. Todd

Todd BA Founder Staff Member

Good idea, but it's not feasible at the moment. It would take a considerable amount of data input and coding.
  8. trevorjk

trevorjk Member

I wonder when this incredibly easy forum implementation will take place ;)
  9. digita7693

digita7693 Member

It would be nice!

Any thoughts ba people???