1. The wait is over! Download the BeerAdvocate app on iTunes or Google Play now.
  2. Get 12 issues / year of BeerAdvocate magazine for only $9.99!

Renegade elevated wood

Discussion in 'US - Mountain' started by heyduke, Sep 22, 2012.

1. Picked up a couple bottles today. Thought a trading partner would like it.

It wasn't on tap today. Have the bottle in the fridge and trying to decide if I want to open it tonight. It is a nice flip top bottle that I'll be able to reuse unlike most 750ml.

They thought they would have enough for the week.
  2. Leafhouse

Leafhouse Initiate (20) Oct 12, 2012

Just picked up a bottle a few days ago from Mondo Vino.
    Stoked to try it out.
  3. kenm2118

kenm2118 Savant (340) Illinois Apr 17, 2009

Does anyone have this for trade? I have a few bottles of '12 Bourbon County Stout or other beers from the Chicago area-Three Floyds, Pipeworks, Half Acre, Goose Island, Bells, Founders. Send me a BM if interested in trading a bottle or two

Ken
  4. Domingo

Domingo Champion (945) Colorado Apr 23, 2005

Just an FYI - the brewery still has these in stock. Not sure if it matters, but mine was around #770.

They also have a flat-out killer Barleywine called Bedwetter, too. It's listed as American, but it's as malty as they come.
  5. Don't think that number really matters. I bought two the day after the release and had numbers 15 and something in the 200's
  6. coreymcafee

coreymcafee Savant (350) Colorado May 30, 2006

Still available at a few bottle shops, too.
  7. hiphopj5

hiphopj5 Savant (395) Colorado Jan 29, 2010

A buddy and I opened a bottle of this Saturday and it was pretty much flat but still pretty tasty. Has anyone else tried it out of the bottle yet?
  8. SalukiAlum

SalukiAlum Advocate (505) Colorado Dec 19, 2010

Can't pull the trigger on a $26 bottle. Wish I could!
    denver10 likes this.
  9. Domingo

Yeah, understood on that! I figured it was just my way of supporting the little guys around town doing cool stuff like this. It probably won't be a value purchase. Hopefully it turns out to be good!
    hopfacebrew, SalukiAlum and denver10 like this.
  10. SalukiAlum

I would rather support the local guys and buy 2x 4 packs of Ryetheous!!
  11. maximum12

maximum12 Advocate (735) Minnesota Jan 21, 2008

OK, my rye freak self needs to know - what's Ryetheous?
  12. SalukiAlum

Very solid beer by Renegade, just started canning in 4 pack tall boys.
    denver10 and tacosandbeer like this.
  13. maximum12

maximum12 Advocate (735) Minnesota Jan 21, 2008

Thanks. Added to my wants!
  14. hopfacebrew

hopfacebrew Savant (465) Colorado Jul 26, 2011

Finally pulled the trigger and picked one up at Argonaut, hope it is worth it! I like the the triple IPA so after Domingo's comments about helping the local guys I justified the purchase in my mind, lol.
  15. Yeah saw the price tag and just couldn't do it...hope they put it on tap again so I can try it, and if it's good enough will buy after that!
    SalukiAlum likes this.
  16. scray24

scray24 Savant (275) Colorado Mar 12, 2008

Nice to hear you liked it! Bedwetter was their GABF Pro-Am, I was lucky enough to get to brew it with Brian/Renegade this April.
  17. Domingo

Nice. Yeah, I was stuck driving, so I was only sneaking occasional sips of my wife's glass. If I wasn't the driver, something tells me I'd be 3 glasses in before I knew it. Terrific stuff!