1. The wait is over! Download the BeerAdvocate app on iTunes or Google Play now.
  2. Get 12 issues / year of BeerAdvocate magazine for only $9.99!

Revolution 3rd Year Anniversary Party!

Discussion in 'US - Great Lakes' started by moju, Jan 16, 2013.

1. Tnudish

Tnudish Initiate (0) Wisconsin Feb 16, 2012

Check it out. The food is great, the beer is great, their parties are always great.
    MarkIntihar and ravot like this.
  2. Looks like the late session is sold out. PM me if anyone has an extra for the 5-8 session. I had a friend miss out and I am already going to that session.
  3. Just tried to get tickets and it is sold out. My fault for waiting...STUPID
  4. Just got morning session tickets.
  5. MarkIntihar

MarkIntihar Initiate (0) Michigan Mar 17, 2010

Everything's just great.
  6. ...Being able to crawl home drunk is great.
  7. Tnudish

Tnudish Initiate (0) Wisconsin Feb 16, 2012

Jerk.

The opening party was one of my favorite wasted nights of last year
  8. Ditto. Pretty sure I grabbed Vav's ass.
    Tnudish likes this.
  9. Got my tickets in the mail today (actually had to be yesterday). Really looking forward to this party.
  10. redsand22

redsand22 Aficionado (200) Illinois Mar 17, 2010

hoping to get my tickets today.. 1-4pm session
  11. Pretty excited for this tomorrow. I'll be at the 1pm session.
  12. steebo777

steebo777 Advocate (535) Michigan Jun 30, 2009

Got my tix, ready to be impressed. High fives appreciated, chest bumps are ok after beer 5.
  13. Ya'll have fun. Wish I could come.. but with a Minny trip, Cider Summit, Hunah, D/NOTLA, Stoutfest, and all sorts of stuff coming up.. had to bow out.

But the event sounds amazing. Cheers
  14. saemick

saemick Aficionado (205) Illinois Jan 16, 2010

I'll be in the 1pm session; can't wait.
  15. zieglemt

zieglemt Aficionado (170) Illinois Apr 25, 2011

Any extras for the late session? Have a friend or 2 that missed out. PM me, thanks!
  16. Vav

Vav Savant (485) Illinois Jul 27, 2008

You did. It was a surprising low five.
    ravot, MarkIntihar and yeahnatenelson like this.
  17. Another awesome event. Fantastic food and drinks of course, and it was unexpectedly all you can eat as well as drink. Met some cool people playing shuffle board. I won't be missing any future Rev events.
  18. good to hear. now I'm sorry I missed this one. seems like it was an awesome deal. damnit... oh well maybe next time.
  19. The food and beer never ran out. There were lines (which were at most 5 minutes long) for the first hour, but after that you could walk up to any table and just grab more drinks and food with no wait. Also the bar was their full bar, not just the event beers which is great.
    On top of all that for $50, you also got a bottle of the 3rd Anniv beer which is $15. So really you bought 3 hours of all you can eat and drink for $35. So worth it
  20. Vav

Vav Savant (485) Illinois Jul 27, 2008

I've decided to swing through a little later.
    thetomG likes this.
  21. thetomG

thetomG Savant (430) Illinois Feb 17, 2010

That party was AWESOME. Honestly Rev can do no wrong. GREAT pairings, not too crowded, minimal lines, etc... I could go on and on. Cherry on top was when the DJ mixed 'Swimming Pools' into '1st of the Month' into some Erykah Badu, and then, for the Coup de grĂ¢ce, 'Posse on Broadway'

If I could invest $$$ into that place right now I would. They just do it right.

Dontcounttoday and MarkIntihar like this.
  22. steebo777

Excellent times at the second event. Bad ass food and beer pairings. I'm the big giy with a beard in the KBS shirt if ya wanna say hey.
  23. My mom and I had a great time. The duck ragout was to die for, and everything else was just as great. Also awesome that all the food items were served by the same rev brew employees that came up with the recipes and prepared them.
    burica2020 likes this.
  24. That is especially cool, and I didn't even realize it until close to the end of the afternoon session, when the Hop Rocks lady starting talking about how she created them. Kind of a weedy poprock, love it.
  25. Amazing event, the second session has been great. The bring in quite a few people but it is never crowded, lines move quickly, and the food and beer pairings are amazing. Revolution is top notch.
  26. burica2020

burica2020 Savant (400) Illinois Nov 17, 2009

I just woke up from a post rev brewing beer nap, and realized how that party was a f*ckin steal. rev is the shit in chicago. and cascade pop rock candy is something I'd love to make if only there wasnt a hop shortage. (((though Im probably in the minority, I wanna thank Rev for also not having some metal music playin or some other shit. I loved the DJ that did LCD soundsystem into MGMT into Modest Mouse into Phoenix. It spoke to my cool guy indie heart.)))
  27. Agree totally, everything about this party was done very well.
  28. Chi81

Chi81 Zealot (90) Illinois Dec 22, 2010

Hands down one of the best run events I've been to. Look forward to year 4...
    jegross2 likes this.
  29. steebo777

Coming from Michigan, I can say this is one of the best run events outside of Shorts anniversary party. Very impressed and very happy. Cheers Revolution!
  30. k2pantan

k2pantan Zealot (95) Illinois Jan 14, 2007

Think we were playing u on shuffleboard... I was the tall Asian dude not to be confused with AgentZero
    jegross2 and Dontcounttoday like this.
  31. jegross2

jegross2 Advocate (715) Illinois Jan 3, 2010

How was the anniversary beer? Really wish I coulda made the event. Sounds like it was a blast
  32. Yeah, Kurt right? We had a great game going until last call and we all made a dash for the bar. Ah well some other drunk people got to have fun for the last 15 minutes.
  33. ravot

ravot Savant (460) Illinois Mar 20, 2012

family parties this weekend. fuck. the great feedback doesn't surprise me. rev rocks out with their brats out.
  34. ppohio

ppohio Aficionado (185) Illinois Aug 5, 2011

Sad I couldn't make it to this, also had family in town since Wednesday and there was no way to make this happen. Glad to hear Revolution continues to do great work though.
  35. steebo777

Anniversary beer was spectacular, I was a little skeptical of a rum barrel brew as they don't always turn out well.
  36. 3rd year beer also went on tap at the brewpub around nooner yesterday.
    DROOO likes this.
  37. jdhende

jdhende Savant (345) Illinois Sep 27, 2010

Really fun event. The veal sweetbreads, Siracha beer jerky and the duck ragout were awesome. Heck all the food was very good though. Also got quite a bit of enjoyment out of seeing some older people hammered bustin moves on the dance floor.
    Dontcounttoday likes this.
  38. They should throw monthly anniversary parties.
  39. Great event. Food and beer were great. I went to the early session and it had the perfect amount of people. Never felt crowded. The 3rd year brew was a little boozy and can probably sit in a cellar for a while and still be great.

Rev is knocking it out of the park with the parties. My favorite part were the glass cleaning stations. Great idea.

I am looking forward to the next party.
  40. Is there more anniversary bottles for sale, or was there just enough for the attendees?