1. The wait is over! Download the BeerAdvocate app on iTunes or Google Play now.
  2. Get 12 issues / year of BeerAdvocate magazine for only $9.99!

Revolution Oktoberfest Party at the new brewery!

Discussion in 'US - Great Lakes' started by moju, Aug 28, 2012.

1. moju

moju Aficionado (150) Illinois Jan 18, 2011

2. ravot

ravot Savant (435) Illinois Mar 20, 2012

Rev's parties are awesome. i bought a pair. now, when the fack is this?
  3. steveh

steveh Advocate (705) Illinois Oct 8, 2003

4. dsal89

dsal89 Advocate (505) Indiana Jul 6, 2008

ok...am i just special or am i not seeing a date? lol
  5. steveh

I added another link above...
  6. dsal89

I wonder how many tickets there are...if possible ill buy some later tonight
  7. crossovert

crossovert Champion (765) Illinois Mar 29, 2009

that is a bit expensive... their okto is one of the best in the us if not the best though
  8. Tnudish

Tnudish Initiate (0) Wisconsin Feb 16, 2012

God damnit, one of the few weekends I couldnt do
  9. lurchingbeast

lurchingbeast Initiate (0) Illinois Feb 19, 2009

Bought mine.

In Rev We Trust
  10. Tnudish

11. Sean9689

Sean9689 Advocate (705) Illinois Mar 17, 2009

I'll be at the Hill Farmstead Harvest Fest. Poor me. :D
  12. lurchingbeast

Dick.
  13. immobilisme

immobilisme Savant (380) Illinois Nov 8, 2005

I will be hoping for 40 degrees and rain like last year.
  14. eorwar

eorwar Savant (285) Illinois Jan 11, 2012

Got mine! Can't wait. If it's anything like the Opening Party it will be awesome!
  15. chanokokoro

chanokokoro Advocate (590) Illinois Jan 31, 2012

Ticket price includes a branded glass stein, that you get to keep, filled with Oktoberfest Revolution. Not too bad considering that is included.
  16. crossovert

i had a half liter plastic cup of it at a gtmw preparty for 2 bucks, why cant they do that, so in reality they shoudl be selling it for 4$ or 10 if you include the glass.
    kawilliams81 likes this.
  17. At the risk of adding a Presto log to the hype train, Revolution commented on their Facebook page that, "we are only selling 1/3 of the tickets we sold to the opening party. We definitely learned our lesson!". Not to mention, too, that there's a lot less room in the brewery now than last spring -- but suffice it to say, there are fewer tickets this time around.
  18. dpjosuns

dpjosuns Savant (280) Illinois Dec 8, 2009

So am I correct in reading this as saying that the $35 does not include any other beer?
  19. Correct. Just the stein and 1 fill of it
  20. dsal89

Well i wasnt sure if i would be guaranteed tickets to Fobab....and i didnt want to miss the boat on two things...so i will be there as well!

Never been to Rev so i am incredibly excited!

(still trying to go to Fobab too....my girlfriend is going to hate me)
  21. That is one expensive Oktoberfest beer!
  22. dsal89

Anyone know that the Stein looks like? lol
  23. dsal89

It is...but FREE CARNY GAMES!

some type of wurst in my left hand....stein ok oktoberfest in the other all while trying to play a game? Worth it to me.

Then again most things are worth it to me. I have a problem
  24. $35 is not a huge price for an event, but for my money just not worth it. You would think that it should at least include food as well.
    $10 ticket and then pay for everything seems more reasonable.
  25. dsal89

You win. I just wanted to feel better about spending money on two tickets and then having to spend money to actually get there and then get back...AND to eat...and drink.

Thanks man lol
    kawilliams81 likes this.
  26. dsal89

Actually, while im thinking about it. What would be the best way to get from NWI to the Kedzie Brewery? I could drive....but im sure parking will be a b*tch and the south shore train wont even get me close and paying for train AND a taxi is asburd....i wouldnt mind driving somewhere to take a train that gets closer to the brewery.

Any recommendations?
  27. dsal89

also, i asked the question then found my own answer, i think:

[​IMG]
  28. chanokokoro

chanokokoro Advocate (590) Illinois Jan 31, 2012

Yeah, but keep in mind the stein is one full liter...
  29. steveh

As a graphic arts professional I just have to say -- that looks badly Photoshopped. I wonder if it's the true stein they'll be handing out?
  30. Tnudish

ISO: That glassware
  31. burica2020

burica2020 Savant (400) Illinois Nov 17, 2009

You can park for free in easy lakeview (between belmont and diversey and lake shore drive west and broadway) and take the 77 Belmont bus right to kedzie and then walk two blocks.

But parking over there is pretty easy, tons of street and residential spots.
  32. dsal89

Thank you very much!

I bought tickets without putting too much though into how im getting there.

Shark was jumped
  33. South Shore train -> CTA Blue line (towards O'Hare) to the Belmont stop. About a 5 minute walk from there. Probably 30 minutes on the Blue line from downtown to the brewery.
  34. nucmedmario

nucmedmario Savant (320) Illinois Sep 1, 2010

bought my ticket last night. their grand opening party was amazing, can't wait for this one. parking in the area is pretty good. there's a lot of residential spots and parking down addison and down belmont, both have busses that can drop you off on kedzie.
  35. crossovert

like i said i got a liter of this for 4$ once. A beer at oktoberfest is like 9 euros, i think they can do cheaper than that since it isn't a big tourist event and it is right at the source. If inside they are giving 4$ 1l pours then it might be sort of worth it.
  36. harrylee773

harrylee773 Savant (345) Illinois Aug 8, 2010

Bought my ticket earlier this week- was wondering about stein refills myself (I think the stein will be pretty sweet) since the event page says "One free pour for your commemorative stein is included in the ticket price. Additional beer and food tickets will be available for $4 apiece with pour sizes varying based on beer strength.". They clarified yesterday via their Facebook page:

Yep, only 1 beer free in your 1 liter commemorative glass stein. But refills are only 2 tickets ($4 each) which is more beer than 2 pints. Plus, live music, authentic German fare (with veg option), and more!

so it looks like inside they will be giving $4 1l pours, for those who were interested and didn't know already. I'm okay with that, since three refills should put me in a pretty good place for the night.

37. Actually, its $8 for a 1L pour, since they said refills are 2 tickets at $4 each.
  38. harrylee773

harrylee773 Savant (345) Illinois Aug 8, 2010

Gah, this is what happens when I do math sober...

Not as appealing, obviously, but still, not the worst thing ever.
  39. lurchingbeast

People sound a little down on this party. I'll give you guys 5 to 1 odds that it kicks all kinds of ass.
    Tnudish, moju, burica2020 and 4 others like this.
  40. Vav

Vav Savant (475) Illinois Jul 27, 2008

I believe i shall be in attendance.
    moju likes this.