Revolution Oktoberfest Party at the new brewery!

Discussion in 'US - Great Lakes' started by moju, Aug 28, 2012.

1. lurchingbeast

lurchingbeast Initiate (0) Illinois Feb 19, 2009

[​IMG]
    Its only 5:15.....

yeahnatenelson likes this.
  2. Hah OK OK. I actually thought I saw a guy paying cash when I drove by, wondering if they have tickets left over

3. lurchingbeast

lurchingbeast Initiate (0) Illinois Feb 19, 2009

Great party. Liter pours and rigged carny games; exactly as advertised.

Suggestion for next time: when you ask me if I want a full or half pour of Anti-Hero as my first beer, I say half pour, you take one ticket from me, please god don't pour me a full liter of Anti-Hero.

aefbjo likes this.
  4. harrylee773

harrylee773 Savant (355) Illinois Aug 8, 2010

I am certainly going to make their next party a priority- had a great time. $20 in tickets (plus a few won from the carnie games) was more than enough for 3 full fills of Oktoberfest, a brat and a pretzel and another $20 covered tips for the staff. I shouldn't have been surprised based on how good the food at the brewpub is, but the brats, pretzels and potato salad were all fantastic. Here's hoping they do some more events over the holidays.

5. dsal89

dsal89 Advocate (505) Indiana Jul 6, 2008

THe food was amazing and the Oktoberfest was great. Seriously. I never really think of that style as something that blows me away. But it did. Great!

Had institutionalized and despite the low scores on here i thought it was also great. I wish that came in bombers or cans. Id buy that up. Cant wait for the barrel aged version of it to be released.

My last one was Eugene. Before tonight i had never had any of their beers but now im glad i did. THese were all great. My girlfriend had Bottom Up (which was also fantastic) and ROsa which she liked but i thought was plain.

Also, according to the guy running the sledgehammer game i was the second person all day to ring the bell on it. Im not sure if he is including the person that hit it before the doors opened or not. I was wearing the Blackhawks track jacket and ND Hat that kept "wooing" after i hit it lol

All in all i had a great time and i def want to go to any other party they ever throw. They sold a 1/3 of the tickets to this compared to the opening party and this was perfect. Lots of friendly people but it wasnt crowded at all.

steebo777 likes this.
  6. 71gto

71gto Savant (270) Illinois Jun 3, 2009

Had a great time as well. They made me play the hammer game because I am tall haha. I was wearing an ISU hoodie and a knit hat.

I also like the Barleywine a lot. Made a good decision and did not have a 2nd glass.

7. ravot

ravot Savant (460) Illinois Mar 20, 2012

was going to say hi but then
    [​IMG]

revolution knows how to throw a party. great staff, great environment. this party almost seemed like a customer appreciation day. bunch of fun free games that you could win to score more beer? fuck yeah. some people said 35 bucks was too much but this paid for the mugs, the rental 'carny' games, ( i did tip) and it even covered me for some drinks, keychain and shirt. i will continue to go to their parties.

8. I would love to see some pictures if anyone took any. What taps did they offer?

9. 71gto

71gto Savant (270) Illinois Jun 3, 2009

Forgot to mention the staff was super cool as usual. My girlfriend lost her phone and we went back, cannot remember his name, but he was a director of sale. He let us back in when the doors were locked to look for it. Even gave us his card (that my girlfriend cannot find now) and said to call him on Monday and they would let us know if they found it during cleanup.

Luckily it was buried in my truck, but the guy was about as nice as could be. Especially dealing with my (very) intoxicated girlfriend.

10. harrylee773

harrylee773 Savant (355) Illinois Aug 8, 2010

Well, I'll never be confused with Walter Iooss, Jr when it comes to my photography skills, but I snapped a few with the iPhone:

The giant O-fest banner (co-starring: my stupid index finger)
    [​IMG]

Some bourbon barrels:
    [​IMG]

The sweet 1L steins filled with delicious Oktoberfest Revolution

[​IMG]
    Not sure what else they had available as I stuck with Oktoberfest all night.

11. dsal89

[​IMG]

I was hoping to become one of the models for Revs barrel program...no word yet :(

12. dsal89

Hahahaha. You shoulda said hi anyway man. It is always cool to meet BAs

13. eorwar

eorwar Savant (295) Illinois Jan 11, 2012

Another awesome event by Revolution. Great environment, staff, music, food & Beer! For some reason my 1 ticket half-fills were always 3/4 or more lol. My whole crew had a blast and we will be back for any events in the future. Keep it up guys!

dsal89 likes this.