1. The wait is over! Download the BeerAdvocate app on iTunes or Google Play now.
  2. Get 12 issues / year of BeerAdvocate magazine for only $9.99!

Revolution Released Winter Woman Imperial Brown Ale

Discussion in 'US - Great Lakes' started by technogeek, Jan 31, 2013.

1. technogeek

technogeek Aspirant (45) Illinois Jan 30, 2013

Earlier today via Facebook Revolution Brewing in Chicago announced a new brew!

"Today we release our Winter Woman, an Imperial Brown Ale that is a more ‘full-bodied’ version of the Working Woman. Fresh citrusy hop aromatics give way to chocolate and caramel notes on the palate. The big hop revisits on the finish in both flavor and bitterness, and her alcohol kiss is sure to make you feel warm and fuzzy. Come try one at the brewpub or tap room today!"

Has anyone tried it yet?
    JimSmetana likes this.
  2. Had it at the tap room yesterday afternoon. Best of all worlds. A nice rich brown ale with a bit of citrusy hop in there. Higher ABV (9% I think) but smooth.
    [​IMG]
    Nachos4two likes this.
  3. Nachos4two

Nachos4two Advocate (545) Illinois Nov 26, 2011

wonder if it will be bottled for distro?
  4. Didn't ask. Should have I supposed. The tender at the tap room always has good knowledge about whats being done there.
  5. timc100

timc100 Savant (315) Illinois Aug 13, 2012

Just returned and had it - completely blew my socks off, loved it. The waitress said she was not confident they would bottle it, but said they were barrel aging it... I really hope thats true. My favorite revolution beer
  6. Really ISO if possible !!
  7. timc100

She said there was a possibility they would bottle it as part of their deep woods series. I(so) hear ya
    Nachos4two likes this.
  8. Nachos4two

Nachos4two Advocate (545) Illinois Nov 26, 2011

They doing growler fills?
  9. timc100

Not sure, didn't ask
  10. 71gto

71gto Savant (270) Illinois Jun 3, 2009

They generally do growler fills on anything that has not been barrel aged. So I would assume they would fill one, but at 9% be ready to fork over some cash.