1. American Craft Beer Fest returns to Boston on May 29 & 30, featuring 640+ beers from 140+ brewers. Tickets are on sale now.

Revolver Brewing

Discussion in 'US - Southwest' started by AHood, Dec 8, 2012.

1. AHood

AHood Aficionado (155) Texas Nov 28, 2012

Has anyone had their brews yet?

I had the Blood & Honey and High Brass a couple of weekends ago. The High Brass was drinkable and malty, but not heavy and had a slightly bitter hoppy finish. The Blood & Honey was pretty darn good. They finish it with blood orange zest and a local honey. The honey didn't jump out at me, but did lend a subtle balance to the citrus zest which was definately there! I really enjoyed this one, but not one I could have more than two of in a night. I just can't drink much wheat beer at once.

Anyhow, just wondering what my fellow Texans and Southwesterners think of these.

2. Phoenix2443

Phoenix2443 Savant (400) Texas Jan 20, 2010

Had their beers at the craft beer fest in Austin a while back. Really good stuff and met one of the owners who was a cool guy with ties back to my hometown ironically.

3. Krumb

Krumb Savant (300) Texas Jan 30, 2008

As excited about them as i was about Jester King. High brass was great. I thought it was a well balanced beer. Their bock surprised me! Nice chocolate finish with a bit more body than i was expecting (from a bock). Porter was good, too. I'm not the biggest fan of blood and honey...too sweet for me. I have a growler of their stout chilling for consumption tonight. I'll report back.

AHood likes this.
  4. Ford

Ford Advocate (510) Texas Sep 8, 2012

Where are they located?

5. AHood

Granbury

6. AHood

7. ShameAndFailure

ShameAndFailure Savant (305) Texas Mar 26, 2009

Thanks for the heads up. I'll keep a look out for them. Recently had Peticolas and I'm pleased with the DFW scene right now.

8. Ford

Ford Advocate (510) Texas Sep 8, 2012

Cool.. will be on the lookout...

9. TX-Badger

TX-Badger Champion (945) Texas Jun 14, 2012

I've had both of those, thought they were both very solid brews. But, I think their stout, the Mother's Little Fracker is the best of their lineup (from what I've had). They've got something good going on.

10. Only one I've come across so far is blood and honey and I think it's a terrible beer.