Dismiss Notice
Subscribe to BeerAdvocate magazine and get 12 issues / year of fresh beer content delivered to your door each month.

Already subscribe? to manage your subscription.

RI Brewfest

Discussion in 'New England' started by fineout, Jan 31, 2013.

1. Is anyone going to the RI brewfest in Pawtucket on saturday? I am heading over with one of my buddies, for some reason a lot of people bailed on us because of the price. Looks like there will be a good amount of breweries there and I'm pumped to check it out.

2. I'll be there. I'm excited to see what will be there.

3. I'm gonna pass, Beervana set the bar way too high.

Horbar likes this.
  4. I will be pouring at the Woodstock Inn table.

5. jedwards

jedwards Savant (340) California Feb 3, 2009

I won't be able to make it, unfortunately, but it looks like a good festival with a solid lineup. Looking forward to reading some reviews!

6. I'll be there with my brothers. I'm pumped to check out some of the new microbrews from the area. And for some fresh Lagunitas!

fineout likes this.
  7. Grey Sail will pour Flagship Ale, Flying Jenny Extra Pale Ale and Leaning Chimney Smoked Porter.
    Newport Storm will be pouring India Point Ale, Cyclone Vlad, Winter Warmer and Amber Ale.
    Ravenous Brewing Co. of Woonsocket will bring along its Coffee Milk Stout.
    Foolproof Brewing Co. will be pouring its Backyard IPA, Barstool Golden Ale and Raincloud Porter.
    Trinity Brewhouse will be serving RedRum, Winter Warmer, Milk Stout and R.I. IPA.
    Revival Brewing Co. brings Double Black IPA, Larkin's Dry Irish Stout and Belgian Saison.
    Union Station Brewery will have Halfday IPA, Belgian Tripel and more.
    Sixpoint Brewery of Brooklyn will be offering Bengali Tiger IPA, Crisp Lager and Sweet Action.
    Maine Beer Co. of Portland will have Peeper, Zoe, Mo and King Titus.
    Element Brewing of Millers Falls, Mass., brings Extra Special Oak, Dark Element and Red Giant.
    The Shed Restaurant and Brewery of Middlebury, Vt., will have its IPA and ale.
    Massachusetts' based Rapscallion will offer Honey Pale Ale, Premier (Belgian-inspired, Golden Ale) and ESB.
    Berkshire Brewing Co. will bring Steel Rail Pale Ale, Lost Sailor IPA, Dean's Beans Coffehouse Porter, Shabadoo Black & Tan Ale and Holidale Barleywine.
    Shipyard Brewing Co. of Portland, Maine, will have Monkey Fist IPA, Export and Applehead Ale.
    Otter Creek Brewing will sample their Black IPA and Winter Red while Wolaver's Organic Brewing will pour Oatmeal Stout and Alta Brown. Both brand are from Middlebury, Vt.
    The Brooklyn Brewery brings Blast, There Will Be Black, Dry Irish Stout and Monster Ale.
    Boston's Samuel Adams will sample Alpine Spring, New World Triple, Double Agent India Pale Lager, White Lantern, Griffins Bow, 13th Hour and Boston Lager.

Element1290 likes this.
  8. I had a great time yesterday at the Beer Fest. There weren't any lines so you could just drink as much as you wanted. I had a VIP ticket and they had about 10 beers that weren't available to the others. I had about 10 samples of FW Scuba, which was incredible.

I hope they do it again next year.

9. Agreed, yesterday was a blast! No lines was (for me at least) a little dangerous lol but tons of great brews, and the Desire mead from Moonlight was delicious!

10. The brewfest was awesome, was really happy to be able to try all the new RI breweries, picked up a shirt from foolproof and some other random swag from some of the other breweries. I agree the mead is awesome, ive been wanting to check out the meadery for a while

11. DaKur

DaKur Savant (400) Rhode Island Nov 15, 2012

I went and it was great. VIP tickets weren't worth double the money I thought. I got a t-shirt, small selection of food, and 10 select beers wich included Sucks and Peeper. If I bought a general admission ticket I would have no complaints. Ravenous Brewing and there Coffee Milk Stout really impressed me.

12. DaKur

Couple questions if you dont mind. Does anyone remember the beer that Maine Beer was putting a lime in? Anyone else have vip ticket and try Newport Storm 12 ? Did it screw up your taste like it did mine? Very wierd beer.imo

13. That one with the lime was a ginger beer ale, i liked it..I was almost tempted to think about doing dark and stormys with it..that wouldnt end well..

I agree with the respect for ravenous. They have been around for a while and need to come out with something else IMO because they definately have talent. I would also love if it was possible to get bottles or especially kegs of it.

DaKur likes this.
  14. now that i looked on their website, was it definitely maine brewing that had the ginger? I know there was a brewery there that had it, they were to the right of the meadery, but now im not sure if it was maine because there's nothing about it on their website.

15. DaKur

It was on the same table and the same guy poured me the ginger and zoe. I cant find anything on it either.

16. That Ginger beer is called Crabbie's. It's from Scotland.

17. DaKur

Thanks man