1. The wait is over! Download the BeerAdvocate app on iTunes or Google Play now.
  2. Get 12 issues / year of BeerAdvocate magazine for only $9.99!

Rogue now in stock at Danno's

Discussion in 'Australia & New Zealand' started by heygeebee, Aug 30, 2013.

1. Folks,

Came across the fact that Danno's now stock Rogue, well at least Dad's Little Helper Black IPA

Good News is the Price

its 12 bucks for a 640

Bad News is the Copy Writing (and the spelling)

Cult American Craft Brewers, Rogue, are well known for producing some of the quirkiest and most flavoursome American brews to land here in Australia. The Dad's Little Helper Black IPA is a bold, deep mahogany colour in the glass which is followed with roasted malt and hop aromas and a dense creamy head. Entering the palate with an intense hop whack while finishing with a dense, rich maltiness. The ideal gift for that craft beer loving Dad, or for that emerging hispter in all of us.

So are all we hispters ready to indulge? :D

Enjoy your Friday...

Cheers!
  2. MrKennedy

MrKennedy Advocate (575) Australia Dec 29, 2006

Damn hipsters!!

At least the spelling wasn't Rouge
  3. spicelab

spicelab Savant (425) Australia Nov 6, 2009

"...are well known for producing some of the quirkiest and most flavoursome American brews to land here in Australia".

I rather doubt Australia would get a mention if you stopped a beer geek (or hipster) on the street and asked them what Rogue are well known for.
  4. mulder1010

mulder1010 Initiate (0) Australia Aug 29, 2008

I thought that was a movie about a croc???
    danieelol and spicelab like this.
  5. well I'm off to Danno's on the way home tonight, now where is my flat cap and neckscarf?
  6. He states the obvious ... shame Spicie shame, we are but the 1% ....
  7. :D

I'll stop by tomorrow too.
  8. danieelol

danieelol Advocate (510) Australia Jun 15, 2010

Good to hear. Most of their beers that I've had are mediocre (excepting double chocolate stout and hazelnut brown) but they're still better than most of the beers Dan Murphy's stocks.
  9. barls

barls Aficionado (175) Australia Nov 15, 2006

theres actually some very interesting things in the works from some of the conversations ive had with people.
    also have st feuiliens in stock atm as well.
  10. danieelol

Just get more IPAs please (and not ones that have a score of 83)
  11. barls

asking mate but its above me. i believe theres a really interesting set of beers coming for chrissy.
  12. mulder1010

My partner picked up two bottles for me today. Having one while watching the LSU/ TCU game I recorded.
    Nice beer, good bitterness and with some nice roast notes as well.
    It is nice to see Dan's getting a bit more diverse in craft. Am almost buying a beer or two every time I go in to buy my GF wine. It is not a knock on Indy stores but when Dan's is getting in 2013 wines and having some decent selection of beers at a good price I will always walk out with something for me.
  13. Went to a Dan's tonight but couldn't see any rogue - disappointed - barls is it allocation only or can it be readily ordered from your distribution centre?
  14. barls

think its allocation.
    ill check tomorrow how much we have left.
    havent been there since friday.
    which dans did you go to? im at gladesville.
  15. Lukie

Lukie Savant (415) Australia Jun 16, 2007

I would imagine it was a smallish amount of stock for Fathers Day.
  16. mulder1010

Was not even out to sell when my GF asked for it on Sunday. Staff at the Top Ryde Dan's told her we got it in on Friday. She told me that they had multiple cases of it.
  17. was only in boxes at the checkout at Hornsby, in line for those Fathers Day impulse buys - however the name of the beer wasn't visible enough methinks for that ploy to work. nowhere in the standard beer area.

i got the heads up thru Uncle Dan's on-line
  18. I had the "Bacon & Maple Syrup Donut" Rogue over the weekend. Really amusing and interesting. Comes in a bright pink bottle so probably not a good present for Dad though!
  19. mulder1010

The question that needs to be asked then is..................................................................................are there hipsters in Hornsby???????

20. Hmm - I may have missed it as I went straight to the beer section and couldn't find it so I walked out. Silly me :confused:
  21. funny you should ask, I heard recently that Hornsby Council had received many applications to rename roads to 'Brunswick St' and you should see the the Vintage Clothing Emporiums springing up all over the place.

or

it's just full of Lads. One of the two.....
    mulder1010 likes this.
  22. danieelol

you can actually check on Dan Murphy's website whether they have stock of something at a particular location

if something's listed as in stock but not on the shelves the staff should be able to get it for you

23. That's great if you live near one. But I'm not driving 20 minutes again just to go and pick up the stock.
  24. danieelol

I live 30 minutes walk away, which is exactly why it is useful to be able to see if they actually have something in stock before I go there.
    Randomflask likes this.
  25. mulder1010

He has done that before, that was for a Beer Camp pack. IN the rain to boot :)
    MrKennedy likes this.
  26. danieelol

Picked some up today

Rang up as $130 a bottle

Still amazing to see Big Eye for $20 a six pack (fresh too)
  27. barls

130 a box you mean????
  28. danieelol

Yes, they obviously screwed up their barcoding

Was all sorted though

29. Nice to see an employee correct the record :D
  30. It is when you consider what other beers cost $20 for a six pack. I've gone off it (and Torpedo) though.
  31. barls

dead guy now in stores.
  32. Lukie

Lukie Savant (415) Australia Jun 16, 2007

I think they were trying to range Yellow Snow IPA as well.
  33. barls

could happen, i only see whats on the floor.
    plenty of other one of beers as well atm.