1. The wait is over! Download the BeerAdvocate app on iTunes or Google Play now.
  2. Get 12 issues / year of BeerAdvocate magazine for only $9.99!

Rumpkin/BA Smashed Pumpkin

Discussion in 'Beer Trading Talk & Help' started by luisc123, Feb 13, 2013.

1. My girlfriend is a huge pumpkin beer fan (not to mention very understanding of my beer obsession) and I wanna try to get one or both of these for her birthday. It's not until May but I figure I should start working on it now. Anyways, I didn't see a ton of FT:ISO for either at the end of last year . So for those of you who landed one of these, what did it take? Very lost on how much distribution, if any, these two received. Any help is much appreciated.
  2. Lutter

Lutter Advocate (650) Texas Jun 30, 2010

I traded a Rumpkin IP for a Freetail Raspberry Ananke (a hard-to-find release. Brewpub only like all Freetail releases)

It was pretty hard to land this year!
  3. BA Smashed Pumpkin sat on shelves around here for a good three weeks. I ended up buying a bottle out of curiousity and since I love pumpkin beers. I found it very boozy and not really too pumpkiny.

The problem getting one of these would be more with finding someone who saved a bottle and was open to trading it. It's not worth giving up too much to be honest. I thought it was not even worth the $12 I paid, although it wasn't a bad beer.
    luisc123 likes this.
  4. The Uinta Oak Jacked Pumpkin is a solid barrel-aged pumpkin beer, if that's what you are after. Could very well be some bottles still around on shelves.
  5. Rumpkin is the shit...

As well, Weyerbacher Imperial Pumpkin with two years on it is a fantastic beer.
  6. MordorMongo

MordorMongo Initiate (0) Jul 19, 2009

Schlafly.
    MrRockstar likes this.
  7. luwak

luwak Savant (305) Arizona Mar 2, 2010

Yeah thats a great beer and it just sits on shelves like everything they make...the crooked line is sooo underrated/underappreciated..

I got some Rumpkins (today literally) in a trade but mostly just cause the trader was kind enough to hold it for me back when it was released. I sent Midnight Sun Beserker and MoAS
    I don't think it will be easy to score....

FWIW the Rumpkin bottles say "Batch 2: 418 cases produced"
    luisc123 likes this.
  8. arash1000

arash1000 Aficionado (170) Arkansas Sep 26, 2012

I have a couple of rumpkin I am willing to trade for the right trade. I am a big sour and BA stout fan :)
  9. FremontBar

FremontBar Savant (270) Arizona Feb 1, 2013

I got a bottle of Rumpkin last year, I was in Boulder and from what I understood you could only buy one bottle per person at the tap room, so hard to come by if you don't live there. It's cool you want to get these for your girlfriend but depending how much she likes other styles of beer Rumpkin at 18% is definitely pretty far from your standard pumpkin beer. Epic Fermentation Without Representation is a good and drinkable pumpkin porter that you may also want to consider.
  10. I was offered a Rumpkin for my Melange #3.