1. The wait is over! Download the BeerAdvocate app on iTunes or Google Play now.
  2. Get 12 issues / year of BeerAdvocate magazine for only $9.99!

Ruthless Rye

Discussion in 'Beer Talk' started by SeaOfShells, Dec 27, 2012.

1. I have no problem with this approach, but it feels like they're about 2 months ahead on the whole schedule. IMO, the perfect availability would be:
    Ruthless: Mar / Apr / May
    Summerfest: Jun / Jul / Aug
    Tumbler: Sep / Oct / Nov
    Celebration: Dec / Jan / Feb

Of course SN isn't the lone offender here. I saw the Sam Adams Spring Mix in the grocery store today. Spring Mix. On December 27th. Stupid.
  2. jmw

jmw Savant (430) North Carolina Feb 4, 2009

Yeah. Pretty soon.

3. Porkhustle

Porkhustle Initiate (0) Dec 6, 2012

Yes, this is correct, and not just for SN. Many are doing it. I think Sam Adams was the first to start this annoying business-oriented trend
  4. 1Sundown2C

1Sundown2C Savant (430) New York Jan 13, 2012

I do. I'm actually a huge fan of most of SN's stuff. I probably like Torpedo more than Celebration, there was just something in the Ruthless I couldn't get with.
  5. had to come back home on Christmas day from out of town and the only place open near me was CVS.
    They had Ruthless Rye and I had a nice Christmas night.
  6. Catchy_Name

Catchy_Name Savant (385) California Dec 21, 2011

Picked up a year old sixer of Bigfoot last night at my local TW, can't wait to get into it. When I asked the guy working there if they had Ruthless Rye, he had no idea when it was coming. So at least for the time being, I'll be playing the waiting game.
  7. I agree with this.
    The problem stems from the Winter/Christmas releases. It's hard to sell beers with labels and names like Old Fezziwig, Holiday Porter, and Celebration in Jan. and Feb.
  8. BeerLover99

BeerLover99 Advocate (735) Illinois Dec 13, 2008

SWEET SASSY MOLASSY! I really enjoyed "Celebration"
    and want to explore Ruthless Rye, all over again.
    Cheers for the heads-up. ;)
  9. RangnaR

RangnaR Savant (405) California Dec 17, 2012

The Bigfoot I'm currently enjoying says 2013 on the label, but it's my favorite beer of 2012...
    SeaOfShells likes this.
  10. SeaOfShells

SeaOfShells Savant (350) California Feb 22, 2011

Is it just me, or is the 2012 batch still a little too hot? I remember 2011 being UNBELIEVABLE at this time last year. I still have two bottles of 2011, and I'm planning on a mini vert with 11, 12, and 13 when I can find it.
    baconman91 likes this.
  11. RangnaR

RangnaR Savant (405) California Dec 17, 2012

I missed out on the 2012, but I had a bottle of the 2011 Bigfoot 3 weeks ago, and was impressed enough that I snagged the 2013s off the shelf the day they showed up...
  12. SeaOfShells

SeaOfShells Savant (350) California Feb 22, 2011

Bigfoot is amazing fresh, but it becomes Godlike with age on it. Seriously.
    winbassett and baconman91 like this.