1. The BeerAdvocate Store is back! Pre-order your stuff now. Items begin shipping Dec 15. Christmas deadline = Dec 18 @ 5pm EST.
  2. The wait is over! Download the BeerAdvocate app on iTunes or Google Play now.
  3. Get 12 issues / year of BeerAdvocate magazine for only $9.99!

Rye da Tiger in Lexington

Discussion in 'US - South' started by TheBeerAlmanac, Feb 1, 2013.

1. Looky what I found (LB Richmond Rd). It pays to stop in the beer store every damn day. :)
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. Found them at Beaumont yesterday. They also had Arcadia 22 month bourbon barrel aged Imperial Stout and Cereal Killer barleywine aged the same way.

3. I didn't realize people still shopped Beaumont. :eek:

I'll check it out tomorrow. :D

4. BuckTuckian

BuckTuckian Advocate (565) Kentucky Dec 19, 2012

Swung bye Richmond rd LB after work. They also had bottles of FFF Behemoth

5. Heck yea. They get good Stuff here and there. That's where I got my Utopias this year too.

6. I stand corrected.

7. drfabulous

drfabulous Savant (260) Kentucky Jul 23, 2005

Damn! I'm out of town!

8. They are all just kind of hit or miss on where things end up.

9. If anyone missed it, it'll be back next year. I read somewhere that FFF was replacing Black Sun Stout with Rye da Tiger as their December seasonal.

10. drfabulous

drfabulous Savant (260) Kentucky Jul 23, 2005

I totally enjoyed this one.

11. semibaked

semibaked Advocate (685) Kentucky Mar 27, 2007

Disappointed in this one, smelled nice, flavors were underwhelming imho.

12. Loved it too...they really know how to handle their hops. The lacing was great as well!

13. This was my favorite new beer of our Super Bowl party. I have no access to it, no other bottles, I live 2000 miles away from FFF. I just figured I'd give a thumbs up to it, in case someone wanted an opinion w/ no vested interest in hyping the beer's tastiness.

But dang, why they gotta replace Black Sun? That's my favorite Irish Dry Stout in the world! Oh well, I guess this is my favorite double rye ipa in the world!

14. HopsMatt

HopsMatt Savant (470) Kentucky Dec 1, 2011

They have it at the Trappe too. Wasn't impressed with the beer myself. Wasn't horrible, but wasn't something I'd buy again.

15. Shagator

Shagator Savant (410) Kentucky Mar 17, 2012

Last I checked, they still have some at Shenanigans. Have had 5 or 6 since the showed up. It quickly moved to the top of my list