Sac Area BAs I need your help

Discussion in 'Pacific' started by SHODriver, Feb 16, 2013.

1. SHODriver

SHODriver Advocate (515) Louisiana Aug 13, 2010

You are all cordially invited to:

The SHODriver Needs to Offload Some Beers Bottle Share

When are all/most the Sac Area folks going to be available next to help me clear out some space? I'm gonna be taking a little trip at the end of summer and I have entirely too much beer. It'll probably take a few gatherings to knock it down to a reasonable amount as well. I'm thinking a weekend in March.

Are all you guys willing to make the trip to Lincoln? Otherwise if somebody else wants to host I'll bring the goods and a few bottles for them as a thank you.

2. Well, I'd certainly welcome the opportunity to meet some Sac BAs, if nothing else.

I'd love to contribute in a bottle-share way, but I'm a little thin at the moment after having done a pretty similar culling before I moved up here a few months ago. I'm sure I could come up with some sort of contribution.

3. I'd be interested if the timing is right. I live in Redding, but I'm in the Auburn area visiting family every few months.

4. SHODriver

I don't need people to bring any extra beer...

5. abecall98

abecall98 Advocate (575) California Aug 11, 2007 Verified

I can make stuff happen. Sent you a BM.

6. I would love to come, I live down in Sac. Im sure Kyle from Final Gravity would be there as well.

7. If you can find a place to have the tasting definitely let me know I am down to bring a few bottles from my cellar as well. :D

Edit: And also I am only about 10mins from Lincoln, so it wouldnt be a trek at all for me.

8. danscott

danscott Savant (370) California Jul 15, 2006

This sounds terrible.

I'm in.

9. SHODriver

sweet deal. How does the 16th or 17th of March look? Football's over so my weekends are now kinda empty. and does early in the afternoon or early in the evening work better to kick things off? The weathers starting to get pretty nice so we could probably do this in my back yard but everybody would want to bring their own seating. I could grill some burgers and brats or we could throw in for some pizzas.

Thoughts?

but seriously, nobody else needs to bring any beer as I have that well covered. My fridge and 7.0 cubic foot chest freezer are filled to capacity.

10. That would work for me I can just request either day off now, but the 16th would be best for me I work early on Mondays.

11. I could be tempted if I'm in town. I love drinking other peoples beer :)

tcanaday likes this.
  12. HaveUSeenMyCellar

HaveUSeenMyCellar Advocate (520) California Aug 30, 2012 Verified

I'm in...sent BM....prefer afte the 11th anytime. :)

13. SWILL916

SWILL916 Aficionado (140) California Apr 7, 2010 Verified

I am in if i am in town, just let me know the date and time.

thanks

14. SHODriver

so uh, we definitely need to do this. and while Sac has yet to get any Sucaba I walked out of bottle barn with half a case. Old habits die hard and I had to talk myself out of getting a whole case...

and since nobody else has said anything about the 16th or 17th it shall be on the 16th. Now, early afternoon or evening?

15. I say afternoon, if the day is nice enough to BBQ. ;)

16. CharlieMurphy

CharlieMurphy Savant (265) New York Dec 12, 2010

Staying posted for dates. 3/24 might be best for me.

17. SWILL916

i am good with the 16th. let me know when and where, and what to bring......

18. HaveUSeenMyCellar

I agree on the 24th idea.

19. huadog

huadog Savant (385) California May 13, 2009 Verified

3/17 is St. Patrick's so I vote against that date. Will have to see how the others work out once finalized. Thanks for putting this together - I am also 10ish mins from lincoln.

20. SHODriver

If you don't make it to round one there will definitely be round two, three and maybe four. I'm not even joking. I easily have upwards of fifteen cases of beer in bombers.

PaulStoneAnchor likes this.
  21. nickseevers

nickseevers Zealot (75) California Mar 18, 2012

16th sounds good (wife is have a baby shower, perfect out) afternoon is best

22. I can do the 16th, as long as you guys dont mind a 22 year old hangin out. Hahah

23. HaveUSeenMyCellar

16th, what time, where is this? ;-)

24. Count this as my RSVP, let me know if you change your mind about others bringing anything. If not beer, maybe potluck snacks?

25. abecall98

I won't make it for the 16th, and probably not all of April, but will in May if this is still going down. If you ever need me to just show up anytime though and walk into your cellar, open a beer, drink it, then leave, let me know. I'll do it.

JohnQ likes this.
  26. Fixed for accuracy

abecall98 and huadog like this.
  27. huadog

huadog Savant (385) California May 13, 2009 Verified

boom, roasted!

theconductor likes this.
  28. abecall98

Haha. And I would do it with a smile.

theconductor likes this.
  29. SHODriver

I leave a spare key under the welcome mat;)

How does noonish look for a start time for everybody that can make it? That way we can have some food in our systems to slow down the effects of the alcohol. I'm still thinking about either grilling or ordering pizzas. I'll BM my address to you guys prior to the event. I'm not too keen on just posting it in a public forum.

PaulStoneAnchor likes this.
  30. Sounds good to me!

31. SHODriver

BeerMail Sent! If you didn't get it and want it let me know

32. So how cool was that? Thanks SHODriver for the beer contributions and thanks to Kyle/Amy @ FG for the supremely generous offer to host the event. Still amazed at the selfless hospitality I've experienced and all the cool local beer geeks I have met through these "shares". Sign me up for the next one! :)

33. Kmkzbdon

Kmkzbdon Aficionado (120) California Apr 25, 2012 Verified

+1. Good times yesterday and I definitely want to thank SHODriver and Kyle / Amy as well. I look forward to helping Chris / Aaron with his beer problem in the future.

34. SHODriver

I was gonna start a new thread but since this one got bumped, anybody want to suggest a weekend to do round two? maybe the 30th or the 6th unless Sunday on those weekends works better.

35. We enjoyed having you guys:). If you want to do Final Gravity again, Sunday will be tough;)

36. Trilogy31

Trilogy31 Savant (310) California Jan 13, 2011

Eeeeewwwww, Sac?!?

37. nickseevers

nickseevers Zealot (75) California Mar 18, 2012

I say the 6th

38. SWILL916

i am in for the 30th, just let us know when, where and what to bring.
    sorry i missed the last one it sounds like you guys had a great time.

39. abecall98

40. SHODriver

I don't have anything better to do with my Saturdays ever since the football season ended. It could go either way. We'll see which one gets more votes.