1. The wait is over! Download the BeerAdvocate app on iTunes or Google Play now.
  2. Get 12 issues / year of BeerAdvocate magazine for only $9.99!

Sacramento Beers

Discussion in 'US - Pacific' started by abecall98, Nov 9, 2012.

1. abecall98

abecall98 Advocate (530) California Aug 11, 2007

Hi fellow sac guys. Anybody see any Celebration Ale or Narwhal ye? What new goodies have you guys seen in some stores in the area?

Can't wait to get some Abyss on tap this year too.
  2. This might not help much, but I've seen Celebration at Safeway here in Redding and Narwhal at a local liquor store. They've both been here for a week or two.
  3. abecall98 likes this.
  4. abecall98

I gotta make it up there sometime, I'll take Porkinator with me.
  5. I agree!
  6. Total Wine on Arden, and Whole Foods on Arden both have Narwhal. No one in Sac has Celebration yet.
  7. Pangaea has a great bottleshop full of awesome and limited quantity/rare beers. Have you guys been there? Its on Franklin BLVD.
  8. nugget in davis has celebration if that's helpful
  9. hophead247

hophead247 Savant (430) California Jan 27, 2008

Pangaea has a nice selection, but also rapes people with their prices.
    tcanaday and abecall98 like this.
  10. abecall98

Not much of us take Pangea seriously. It's usually a place most of us only go too once.
    hophead247 likes this.
  11. abecall98

This isn't the first time Markstien has pulled this crap before. I know they have it in the city too, but refuse to put it out. The continue to stock a lot of local shelves with 3 month of Torpedo.

Hopefully I can grab some Celebration next week without having to drive all out to Davis for it.
  12. Davis still doesnt have it either man. Called the beer shoppe, whole foods, nugget, etc.
  13. Markstein has went downhill since Dylan left to start up Sam Horne's. Unsure if it is related, but a fact nonetheless. Picked up some DFH 75-minute at Total Wine yesterday. They still had at least one case on the floor and unsure of how many other cases in the back (0 or maybe a few).

Also a rumor that 2012 Abyss will be in next week too...

We may have to roshambo to see who drives to Final Gravity...
  14. abecall98

Ahem.
  15. LOL...
  16. abecall98

You are missing out on the big poker game tonight.
    Beerandraiderfan likes this.
  17. i bought a 6 pack of celebration from nugget 2 days ago
  18. Placer got Celebration. Apparently, Sac has not.
  19. The one on Mace or Covell?
  20. mace. mace never gets stuff covell doesn't though. i'm about to go to whole foods or the co-op so i'll look there too.
  21. Im stoppin by there on my way home, gonna load up. Thanks for the heads up man!
  22. yeah no problem, hopefully they still have some, like i said it was a few days ago so make sure you call first.

nothing at whole foods btw
  23. I got a case! Was surprised to see that nugget had Bruery Fruet for only 20 bucks as well. Had to pick one up.
  24. abecall98

Looks like a job for abecall to go to Davis for some Fruet.
    tcanaday likes this.
  25. azureoval

azureoval Savant (400) California Jan 25, 2010

Bevmo Fairway has some Celebration. I did not see it at TW or WF.
  26. There was about 6 of them on the shelf too.
  27. abecall98

Ah, I had about 3 Celebration Ales and split a BART with my boy Marc last night during poker. Celebration Ale is too good right now.
  28. MLucky

MLucky Savant (345) California Jul 31, 2010

They had narwhal, too. And some plinys. But that was a couple days ago, not sure about now.
  29. Just picked up two 6-packs from the Bevmo in Natomas - the shelf was empty but there were a few cases left on an end cap display.
  30. JohnQ

JohnQ Aficionado (125) California Jul 7, 2012

Which one(beer)? I was going to go to Bevmo or maybe TW.I used to be a big fan of Christmas Ales but haven't for awhile.All this talk has made me reconsider.And I can't seem to find a good IPA lately.Nothing is grabbing my palate.
  31. My bad - was Celebration. I wasn't looking for Narwhal.
  32. In Petaluma right now. Going to lagunitas in a bit. Saw Brian at gym, last night he was saying that too. Real interested in trying wet dog after the 3 solid reviews
  33. crwood23

crwood23 Aspirant (30) California Dec 22, 2011

Was at the brewery last week and the wet dog is great. Especially with the warm weather we had, seems to be gone now!
  34. Had the wet dog and the guezue saison beer. Both were good, and so was this year's capuccino stout.

Bear Republic also had an amazing guezue too. No growlers. :(
  35. danscott

danscott Savant (310) California Jul 15, 2006

Cask Simtra at The Shack tomorrow, along with Jeremy and other Knee Deep beers.
  36. MLucky

MLucky Savant (345) California Jul 31, 2010

Thanks for mentioning this. I would've had no idea this was going on, and I love me some cask beer. Do they list their events online somewhere?
  37. JohnQ

JohnQ Aficionado (125) California Jul 7, 2012

I think I saw this on a Knee Deep FB post.
  38. Yeah, I got the heads up from the Knee Deep FB page, got there just before they tapped the cask. Simtra on cask was amazing and super intense. It lasted less than one hour even w/ 1 glass per person limit.
  39. danscott

danscott Savant (310) California Jul 15, 2006

The best place to find out about local beer events is to follow the Sacramento Beer Week page on Facebook. I am usually posting two things a day.

The Simtra cask was amazing, but the Midnight Hoppyness did me in.
  40. SHODriver

SHODriver Savant (420) Louisiana Aug 13, 2010

anybody see Enjoy By yet?