1. The wait is over! Download the BeerAdvocate app on iTunes or Google Play now.
  2. Get 12 issues / year of BeerAdvocate magazine for only $9.99!

Saison Caipira

Discussion in 'Latin America' started by fmccormi, Feb 4, 2013.

1. fmccormi

fmccormi Champion (750) New York Oct 24, 2010

Hey, any of you Brazilians already seen or tried Saison Caipira, the brew between Wäls and Garrett Oliver? I'd looooooove to try it but my gut says I'll never see it in the U.S.

Curious what you guy think about it, or if anyone knows if any of it will be shipped over here. Or any Wäls, for that matter. That'd be baller. Obrigado, galera!
  2. I haven't drunk it personally, but I've read some not so flattering reviews as others Wäls have, giving it a regular rating. You can try translating some reviews from here. And I doubt it will ever find its way to the US, unless it's on Garrett Oliver's (or someone else's) suitcase.
  3. fmccormi

fmccormi Champion (750) New York Oct 24, 2010

Yeah, those all look pretty so-so. Sounds like they didn't quite nail the saison-ness of the style. Still, I'd be curious to try it.
  4. yrigoyen

yrigoyen Aspirant (35) Brazil Jul 3, 2011

Hey, I actually just got a couple of bottles, lot #0001. Had one this week, didn't really do much for me, thought it was ok at best. I hoped for it to have more of a hoppy character, like other american saisons I've tried. Thought it was a bit too fruity, at least for my taste. After I have the second bottle I'll try to elaborate on it.

And I really have no idea about availability in the states. What kinds of brazilian beer/microbrews are you usually able to get a hold of over there?

Cheers,
  5. pedrufa

pedrufa Aficionado (110) Brazil Sep 19, 2007

I had it during carnival and yes, I think they missed the saison-ness of the style. Not bad at all, but it was not jackpot.
    fmccormi likes this.