1. American Craft Beer Fest returns to Boston on May 29 & 30, featuring 640+ beers from 140+ brewers. Tickets are on sale now.

Saison Tonnellerie

Discussion in 'US - Pacific' started by CAbeerCAbeerCA, Apr 6, 2013.

1. [​IMG]

evilc likes this.
  2. evilc

evilc Initiate (0) California Jan 27, 2012

busted!!!

Rollzroyce21 likes this.
  3. I can't find Logsdon for less than $14 here on the eastside.

Anyway, I've had one bottle of my Tonny allocation and thinking about picking up some more. I enjoyed it immensely.

And, yeah, as much as I love the beers, sometimes I just hate visiting the tap room. Which is why I've been having my stuff shipped.

4. was at the taproom last night.. had the tonnellerie.. i thought it was pretty damn good for the style.. ended up bringing home 4 bottles to send to my trading partners to see what they think..

mattolesh likes this.
  5. It's a solid beer, but it's my lowest rated of the style from The Bruery.

JasonFromLA likes this.
  6. Interesting.. I thought it was better than both Rue and Lente. Though.. it has been awhile since I visited either of the two. I should try a Bruery saison tasting sometime soon.

Hopsycho likes this.
  7. Each to their own I suppose. I think it's better than Saison Rue, Saison De Lente, and 7-grain Saison.

usofar likes this.
  8. sind310

sind310 Aficionado (175) California Nov 15, 2011

Maybe they just like Nobles beer... Naughty sauce does it for everyone

JasonFromLA likes this.
  9. RedBeeron

RedBeeron Savant (260) California Jul 7, 2012

Here for the Molé Black Tuesday Firkin and one of the new beers, Euphegenia includes a pronunciation guide underneath it. I chuckled.

10. Saxmusik45

Saxmusik45 Savant (250) California Nov 18, 2011

One could also just watch "Mrs. Doubtfire".

mattolesh likes this.
  11. Just had this beer. While a very solid Saison, I found it slightly below the best Saisons on the market.

To answer your question: IMHO Funkwerks and Trinity both produce better Saisons. Funkwerks flagship Saison runs $9.99/750ml at my store. Trinity's beers run the gamut in price - my favorite from them at the moment is Le Capitaine which runs $15/btl. I recommend seeking both of these beers out.

JasonFromLA likes this.
  12. Le Capitaine is absolutely incredible. The best surprise beer I've had this year. If it had a Hill Farmstead label on it, people would trade their mother for a bottle.

MighHighBrewer likes this.
  13. DougOLis

DougOLis Savant (275) California Aug 15, 2008

Neither of which distribute in California (or out of Colorado for that matter)

m34josh, Rollzroyce21 and vacax like this.
  14. vacax

vacax Advocate (640) California Jun 3, 2008

It has been a long time since this thread started, but have to say if those beers are as good as the Tonnellereie I would buy the hell out of all of them. I actually just had it again within the last week out of the bottle and it was just outstanding.

15. Why the trading forums exist.... :) Cheers!

16. It's definitely a great Saison - I'm not taking that away. I used to live in California and it's probably one of the best - if not the best - Saisons you can get there. When I moved to Colorado though - whew - there are some great breweries who either exclusively or primarily do Saisons. Funkwerks and Trinity come to mind. I've tossed Funkwerks as an extra into a few trades I've done. I also just completed a trade exclusively for Trinity. People outside of Colorado really haven't heard much about these beers (especially Trinity) but trust me, they are worth trading for. Le Capitaine, Pappy Legba, Saison Man, etc- all different spins on a Saison that will change your mind about the genre.

Cheers!

ASUBeer likes this.
  17. DougOLis

DougOLis Savant (275) California Aug 15, 2008

Yeah, I know. One issue with that though is that a relatively affordable beer I'd love to have all of the time becomes less affordable when you start factoring in shipping and what not. So previously if they were at a similar price point, the one you have to trade for might now cost double or something. And at that point it kind of makes more sense to just drink the local one regularly.

vurt likes this.
  18. Altenor

Altenor Aficionado (195) California Aug 12, 2011

Had it on tap and bottled. On tap it was pretty good but when I had it from the bottle it was awesome. Not sure if it was just me or if in fact the bottle conditioning made a difference. I enjoyed it more than their other Saisons and I like Saison Rue very much. Cheers!

19. abecall98

abecall98 Advocate (540) California Aug 11, 2007

#SOLOed a bottle the other day. Really fuggin good.

domtronzero and afrokaze like this.
  20. I actually got some in VT the other day. But I wouldn't have believed it until I got it.