1. The wait is over! Download the BeerAdvocate app on iTunes or Google Play now.
  2. Get 12 issues / year of BeerAdvocate magazine for only $9.99!

Samuel Adams' Hop-ology seasonal IPA pack

Discussion in 'Beer Releases' started by AutumnBeerLove, Apr 30, 2012.

1. http://www.newsobserver.com/2012/04/24/2021932_samuel-adams-hop-ology-seasonal.html

Just saw this at the store for the first time.
  2. Sneers

Sneers Savant (385) New Jersey Dec 27, 2009

I think I just might pick this up (when I can).
  3. The best idea they had was Latitude 48 Deconstructed Pack.
  4. I've been told this will probably be pricier than their normal 12 packs, in the $20 range. If I remember correctly the deconstructed pack was about the same when it came out
  5. Saw it for $19.99
  6. They should redo the Deconstructed pack.
  7. WMEugene

WMEugene Savant (285) Virginia Feb 3, 2011

Look forward to trying this - enjoyed the dark depths at EBF and would love to try the others (Latitude 48 was ok when I last had it) without springing for 22 oz bottles.
  8. shand

shand Advocate (645) Florida Jul 13, 2010

I'm not big on Belgian IPAs, but I still will probably pick this one up.
    5thOhio likes this.
  9. seanh99

seanh99 Savant (300) Massachusetts Sep 11, 2007

This past weekend I was cleaning in the basement and I found I have an unopened 12 pack from last spring, (WTH) I don't remember buying 2...
    tronester and Swim424 like this.
  10. Swim424

Swim424 Savant (320) Florida Apr 29, 2011

I'll have to get this one. Had 3 of them and there all pretty good. Would like to try the other 2.
  11. As a hoppy ipa lover I'll pass......
  12. Too bad its not any good any more. i would kill for a fresh bottle of the Zeus Latitude 48. i loved the hell out of that stuff.
  13. rfbenavi80

rfbenavi80 Savant (360) Missouri Mar 15, 2010

I saw it for 16.99.
  14. I've had both the whitewater and Baltic and they were both pretty solid. Hope we get this pack in wv
  15. They should really do Deconstucted again. Loved the Simcoe.
  16. Skye1024

Skye1024 Savant (320) Indiana Oct 3, 2009

Picked one up today for ~$14 in Indy. Seemed like a steal, especially considering the bombers were 6-7 each.
    sleded likes this.
  17. Super pumped on this one!
  18. Because single hop IPAs using hops meant only for bittering are a good idea?

o_O
  19. I doubt they were only using the one hop for bittering only. When I tasted them they tasted like the hop was used throughout the boil. The cool thing was you could drink two or three different;y hopped beers and they would taste totally different even though the malt bill was the same. the only difference was the hops used.
    place88 likes this.
  20. djsmith1174

djsmith1174 Savant (460) Minnesota Aug 21, 2005

Another really good idea for a mix pack from SA. All of them were solid brews with some diversity in hopped styles. I was very pleased to pick it up for $15. Damn good deal if you ask me.
  21. The Tasman Red IPA contains hops from Tasmania, the Australian island state. The beer has the grapefruit and pine flavors typical of IPAs, but the hops also have a flavor of roastiness with a hint of toffee to balance the normal IPA flavors.

Over the harsh bitterness in this beer how the hell can anyone detect any roastiness or toffee? So bitter it was borderline undrinkable.
  22. Nachos4two

Nachos4two Advocate (545) Illinois Nov 26, 2011

picked one up at Binny's 14.99, thought it was a steal for the grab, super stoked to taste Grumpy Monk!
    place88 likes this.
  23. 16$(i think) @ Redstone Liquors in Mass. Definitely worth it Baltic IPA was fantastic, wasnt Dark Depths not so much. Looking forward to trying Grumpy Monk.
  24. 17.99 Here in Palm Beach Gardens
  25. Sneers

Sneers Savant (385) New Jersey Dec 27, 2009

I picked up one for $15.99. So far I've only had the Tasman Red, which I did not like.
  26. the baltic porter is worthy of the 22oz.

so far best black ipa ive had is hoppy feet ill have having the hoppy feet 1.5 this weekend
  27. tfischl

tfischl Aficionado (175) Indiana Dec 28, 2005

$14.97 in Indiana... cooling down in the fridge right now!
  28. DrDoitchbig

DrDoitchbig Savant (335) Michigan Jun 6, 2009

I saw it for $17.99 last week. It was tempting but when I usually pay $12.99 for a SA mixed pack that price is kind of hard to swallow.
  29. Yeah I agree the Tasman Red was way too bitter an unforgiving. It was like everyone kept telling Sam that his IPA's were not hoppy enough so he made the Red. Such a bitter and unforgiving beer I have no idea how it gets such good reviews.
  30. Ow and I found the Belgium IPA "Grumpy Monk" as a single but I need to track down more Third Voyage since that was a pretty great DIPA

And I also need a single of Dark Depths Baltic IPA. Maybe the House of 1,000 will get them in since they had the Longshot beers as singles...
  31. Look at it this way it's way easier than paying 7-8 dollars for a 16oz bottle of some of those offerings :p
  32. TexRx

TexRx Aspirant (45) May 20, 2012

I'm really hoping to see these IPA variety 12 packs at my beer store soon!!

o_O
  33. dsal89

dsal89 Advocate (505) Indiana Jul 6, 2008

Wow. A lot of hate for Tasman red.

I loved it when i had it.

Ive actually enjoyed all of the beers in this pack. I normally dont care too much for SA stuff but this is good stuff
  34. mfdish

mfdish Aficionado (120) Nevada Oct 30, 2011

I really enjoyed the White Water, thought the apricot played real well with the hops & spices.

Will keep my eye out, I did see a pack somewhere but don't recall the price.
    szmnnl99 likes this.
  35. I don't remember what all the hop varieties were, but if you think Simcoe or Columbus hops are meant only for bittering, you should get out more. ;)
  36. Haven't seen this one yet. Any sightings in NC?
  37. 12.99 at Market Basket in Salem, NH
  38. They need to do the deconstructed again, they won a gold metal for one of the,.
    place88 likes this.
  39. Hatzilla

Hatzilla Savant (310) California Jul 25, 2008

Is this available in California? I haven't seen it but will grab it if possible. I love my IPAs!
  40. Yes.