1. The wait is over! Download the BeerAdvocate app on iTunes or Google Play now.
  2. Get 12 issues / year of BeerAdvocate magazine for only $9.99!

San Antonio Next Week

Discussion in 'US - Southwest' started by Dizzle32, Mar 30, 2012.

1. Staying at the Hilton by the river walk next week. Where should I go for the best beer in that area? I have never been there and will not have a car. I look forward to your expertize and feedback. Thanks!
  2. lokieman

lokieman Savant (475) Oklahoma Jan 20, 2011

Damn if you were further north then you could hit up Freetail...the best spot I've ever been to for some beer drinking in SA. It might be worth it man...you can grab some bottles to take home there as well.
  3. Cab ride is no issue. Might have to check it out with an endorsement like that.
  4. pwsoldier

pwsoldier Advocate (540) Texas Apr 26, 2007

Luke and the Friendly Spot are in that area and worth checking out. You can also take the 97 bus out to Freetail. Definitely worth the commute.
  5. BgThang

BgThang Savant (435) Texas Dec 23, 2007

april 7th is fretails ananke release. if you like sours
  6. Thanks, I am taking off Tuesday and coming home to MN on Friday. I am going to head out to Freetail for dinner. Cheers
  7. Bierwuver

Bierwuver Aficionado (110) Texas May 30, 2011

Freetail has most of their house brewed pints for $2.50 on Tuesdays. Friendly Spot has a great selection and right now San Antonio weather is awesome for a beer under the shade of a pecan tree. If you hit Friendly you could also walk down the street to the Blue Star brewpub. Down the street from the Blue Star is La Tuna. They sell a limited selection of bottled beer but nonetheless its a nice ice house.
  8. I was just in SA about a month ago and I would definitely recommend Freetail. Pretty decent beer and food. Tuesday's are $2.50 pint night, so it's a pretty good deal. Their wild ales are pretty tasty. The Friendly Spot was one of may favorite places I found while I was there. Cool vibe and a wide variety of tasty brews. Good food, too. Make sure and hit up The Monterey, which is just up the street and around the corner from The Friendly Spot. Not necessarily for the beer, but the food there is crazy good. Definitely my favorite place in SA.
  9. elNopalero

elNopalero Advocate (665) Texas Oct 14, 2009

Freetail is worth the drive, as a million other folks will say. But downtown the Friendly Spot is definitely a go-to. Welcome to San Anto!