1. The wait is over! Download the BeerAdvocate app on iTunes or Google Play now.
  2. Get 12 issues / year of BeerAdvocate magazine for only $9.99!

Sandy Hook Elementary LIF

Discussion in 'Beer It Forward' started by cfh64, Dec 19, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. turfy

turfy Savant (340) Texas Mar 17, 2010

JM03 has a box lined up for the donor who puts the $$ mark over $7000, and I will reward the person who takes the total over $7500 a box of big stouts: a '10 Abyss, an '11 Abyss and a '12 Dark Lord. $7500 is plenty doable for this community. Let's get 'er going!!:)
  2. cfh64

cfh64 Advocate (635) Texas Aug 16, 2005

Still no donations since update earlier today :( I will begin working on printing off names for the drawing, in accordance with the amount donated, this weekend. 6 days left!
  3. cfh64

Donations have become rather stagnant but I couldn't be happier with what we have done so far.

129 donations
    $6,220 raised
    621 entries in the drawing *one person did not want to be entered*
    15 "thank you" boxes will be sent out *remember you can only win once and will receive the first box your name is drawn with*

Here's the break down

Sandy Hook School Support Fund- $1,270
    Newtown Memorial Fund- $1,130
    Give Forward- $950
    Noahs Ark of Hope Fund- $930
    Newtown Youth and Family Services- $630
    Newtown Parent Connection- $560
    My Sandy Hook Family Fund- $540
    Dawn Hochsprung Memorial Fund- $80
    Supporting Newtown Teachers- $80
    Emilie Parker Memorial Fund- $30
    Friends of the Engel Family Fund- $20

You guys have done a fantabulous job! I like the diversity of the charities that everyone has donated to as well. We still have one more week to hit $7,000! Spread the word :)
  4. Awesome! Makes me proud to be apart of this community!
  5. Squidly

Squidly Savant (425) New Jersey Nov 26, 2006

Donation sent...sending BM. Thanks for doing this.
  6. Spider889

Spider889 Advocate (640) Ohio Mar 24, 2010

Finally got my donation in, email sent. I chose the Dawn Lafferty Hochsprung Memorial because I know how tough college can be with little to no financial support and the scholarship goes to benefit students pursuing a career in education. I have two professors and a teacher on my father's side of the family and on my mother's side my mother, her cousin, my great aunt and great grandmother were all teachers. It's a tough job these days what with poor pay, lack of effective disciplining techniques for fear of parent reactions, questionable "No Child" laws, extremely rigorous educational requirements for teachers in many districts, etc and that's all without the growing trend in school violence in the past 15 years.

We need all the great teachers this country can find. Sounds like this principal was going above and beyond on that horrible day - just as most teachers do everyday for their students.
  7. ediaz

ediaz Savant (315) Florida Nov 23, 2011

What a great thing this is. I'm legitimately impressed with the people and generosity exhibited in this. Ill be donating tomorrow. God bless everyone that's doing their part.
  8. stxSS07

stxSS07 Initiate (0) Illinois Nov 23, 2010

Screw 10k. Get us to 8k and I'll send you a Bourbon DL.

S'go!
  9. cfh64

With all of these incentives/thank you's being given out at $7,000, $7,500, and $8,000 I will be mum on the donation total until we hit the first milestone of $7,000. Let's get going, I will cut it off at 11:59 pm Jan 10th which is this upcoming Thursday.
  10. Creetoper

Creetoper Aficionado (180) Ohio Jul 7, 2011

Donated. BM Sent. Wish I could give more.
  11. cfh64

Everyone's financial situation is different and we all do what we can. Don't worry about the amount, every dollar counts, it's going towards a great cause and it's a team effort. Thanks again for donating :)
  12. MordorMongo

MordorMongo Initiate (0) Jul 19, 2009

It's probably wrong but I am man enough to admit this thread rustles my jimmies so much I had to relieve the pressure by hustling some pork.
  13. Spider889

Spider889 Advocate (640) Ohio Mar 24, 2010

Hustling and rustling, eh?
  14. Ok you generous bastards,

I've been planning all along to donate to this amazing project.

But I figure why just doante when I can raise twice the amount!

So here is the deal:

I was planning on sending a few bucks to one of the charaties, and regardles I will be doing that. But one, or a few of you can make me give even more.

It is now 3:30 PM PST.

I will match all doantions made, dollar for dollar, unitl 7:30 PM PST tonight.
    (up to a hundred dollars in total matching funds, first come first serve until my hundred bucks is tapped out! I wish I could match more, but that has to be my limit.)

So for the next 4 hours your donation is worth double.

So donate!
  15. i just donated, thanx for running this
  16. Very cool Martin, BM me when you BM Brad and I'll get my match on!

Who else wants to give double?
  17. Ok, that's two donations that I have to match so far.

Martin123012 got me first when he kicked in his donation.

And then Envelopes RE-DONATED (is that a word?) even more dough just to get it matched.

Just over two hours left and there's still matching money up for grabs...

C'mon, I dare you to make me spend it!
  18. slentz

slentz Savant (310) Pennsylvania Mar 20, 2010

How much is left to be doubled ?
  19. cfh64

I know I said I wouldn't give any clues as to where we're at but $30 has been donated since he has offered to match. I will include his matching total into the total towards $7,000 if that makes sense.
  20. This is my first experience with a LIF and I'm happy that it is my first. The generosity in here is just amazing. Thanks to brad for organizing it and thanks to all the generous BAs for their donations. Just incredible.
  21. slentz

slentz Savant (310) Pennsylvania Mar 20, 2010

Donated to give forward!
  22. wscaffe

wscaffe Savant (345) Florida May 6, 2011

I got paid again so I made another donation. Lets keep it going!
  23. Well you scoundrels, you took it all.

Thanks to everyone who kicked in and squeezed all hundred bucks from me!

And just because my matching funds are all gone is no reason to stop giving...

Lets keep it going!!
  24. stxSS07

stxSS07 Initiate (0) Illinois Nov 23, 2010

I like it. Was hoping someone wouldn't just donate $10 to snipe a Bourbon DL...crisis prevented!
  25. cneville

cneville Initiate (0) Ohio Sep 16, 2010

Spider--just threw in another donation solely based on what you wrote. Education is absolutely the most important thing we have, and sometimes we seem to lose sight of this. Hopefully it doesn't take tragedies to see that.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.