1. The wait is over! Download the BeerAdvocate app on iTunes or Google Play now.
  2. Get 12 issues / year of BeerAdvocate magazine for only $9.99!

Save Our Strange event at The Rackhouse January 27th

Discussion in 'US - Mountain' started by highlifeCO, Jan 15, 2013.

1. Oxymoron

Oxymoron Advocate (615) Colorado Aug 14, 2005

2. I'm beginning to think they should just change the name, not that it matters what I think. But life's too short to spend any of it in court, money's too dear to spend any of it on lawyers, and they'd probably get another huge wave of publicity out of the name change.

Maybe do a contest...
    alexipa likes this.
  3. ArrogantB

ArrogantB Advocate (700) Colorado Jun 9, 2006

They're in the wrong, they didn't do their due diligence and their beer sucks. Now they want a handout?
  4. Oxymoron

Oxymoron Advocate (615) Colorado Aug 14, 2005

I disagree. I think their beers are pretty solid. But everyone has different tastes so meh. They did get a bronze for their barleywine at GABF.

This event wasn't started by Strange by the way. All the beers are donated from other breweries to support Strange.
  5. they are great guys and I too disagree w/ the statement that "their beer sucks". Your info, that they didn't start this, means ArrogantB is at best 1-for-3, above, IF it's true "they didn't do their due diligence" (which I believe is undecided at this point, unless ArrogantB is the federal district court judge who'll decide this. If not, he may be 0-for-3....)

But if Oskar Blues couldn't afford to fight those assholes at Gordon Biersch over Gordon, how can Tim win this battle? It's his life so I'm shutting up now, and I'll try to be there if I can still get in...
    ablackshear likes this.
  6. chango

chango Aficionado (240) Colorado Mar 31, 2006

I still don't get it. If you google "strange" and "brewing", you get tons and tons and tons of "Strange" breweries, taphouses, and homebrew stores. So, is this business that wants to sue going to sue every single one of the "Strange" beer-related businesses in the country?
    Somebody make sense of this, please.
  7. Mebuzzard

Mebuzzard Champion (910) Colorado May 19, 2005

I would, but I can't :oops:
  8. coreymcafee

coreymcafee Savant (350) Colorado May 30, 2006

Uh, there's also kinda this: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Strange_Brew
    CK21 likes this.
  9. chango

chango Aficionado (240) Colorado Mar 31, 2006

Well, yeah... I mean, maybe we should have a massive writing campaign and fill Moranis' and Thomas' mailboxes with letters urging them to sue Strange Brew in Mass?
    Heyyyyy... not a bad idea.
  10. ArrogantB

If you believe in giving to corporate charity go right ahead, no need to get personal about it.
  11. Domingo

Domingo Champion (945) Colorado Apr 23, 2005

I always figured this would've been far more confusing as it's just down the road from them: http://www.strangebrewtavern.net/

Pretty cool place based on my memory, too.
  12. dauss

dauss Advocate (565) Colorado Aug 9, 2003

If they don't go to court, what will happen to the proceeds?
  13. guyforget

guyforget Aficionado (205) Colorado Nov 12, 2009

14. Jasonrm72

Jasonrm72 Savant (390) Colorado Apr 29, 2012

as long as the beer goes into my BELLY!
    Mebuzzard likes this.
  15. Personal? you expressed a fairly aggressive and negative viewpoint, you got some pushback. Nothing personal though. Cheers!
  16. ArrogantB

Ok