Schell's 30th Anniversary Hefeweizen Series

Discussion in 'US - Midwest' started by Chaz, Apr 24, 2014.

1. Chaz

Chaz Champion (845) Minnesota Feb 3, 2002

July can't come soon enough; This image courtesy of the press release sorta speaks for itself. ;)

[​IMG]

(The press release itself is filtering through the various media outlets, now.)

leezy, BumPincher, Ish1 and 13 others like this.
  2. garymuchow

garymuchow Champion (760) Minnesota Aug 31, 2001

Yea! The dampf is back. I really liked that one. And a weizenbock. Sounds tasty.

Chaz likes this.
  3. I was hoping for a dunkel, this state is seriously in need of a few more amazing dunkels?

4. It would be nice if it came in a sampler pack.

5. joelwlcx likes this.
  6. Yah that would be awesome. I've found I either love Schell's beers or hate them. There seems to be no in between and it's hard to stomach beer you don't like when you have tons you do 50 feet away. I'm just starting to like Schell's again. I hadn't drank one of their beers for 15 years until recently.

7. Any links to the press release? Couldn't find anything on their website, MNBeer, PerfectPint, etc. I guess the PR filtering is not happening as quickly as I would like.

If Release is in July, I am really hoping its early July and these are out in time for July 4 and/or the trip to the cabin!

8. joelwlcx

joelwlcx Savant (410) Minnesota Apr 23, 2007

What is DAMPF?

9. ZAP

ZAP Advocate (735) Minnesota Dec 1, 2001

If you haven't had their beers in 15 years until recently I don't think you can fairly say you love them or hate them...you got a lot of catching up to do before you can make that assertion

Chaz, joelwlcx, budgood1 and 2 others like this.
  10. DAMPF is a Hefe steam beer. Schell's did a DMAPF several years ago that was very good. If this new one is the same recipe, it should be outstanding!!! Looking forward to all of these anniversary beers!!

Last edited: Apr 25, 2014
  11. joelwlcx

joelwlcx Savant (410) Minnesota Apr 23, 2007

"Hefe steam beer" is equally baffling. What, exactly, is it?

12. I had the Framboise lately and decided it was time to give them another try. My tastes may have changed and I love hefes.

13. Steam beer is more of a method of brewing, (cooling the boiling wort w/o any type of refrigeration) than it is a style. Dampf means steam in Deutsche (German), so you get: Dampf Hefe....A steam Hefe...This is the best I can do w/o an etch-a-sketch to draw you a picture!! Knowledge is power :)

jimmah120 and steveh like this.
  14. bergbrew

bergbrew Savant (270) Minnesota Jan 12, 2004

[​IMG]

garymuchow, Ristaccia and Chaz like this.
  15. JediMatt

JediMatt Aficionado (210) Iowa Jun 18, 2010

I loved the Pilsner series. Can't wait for these!

16. ZAP

If you love Hefe's their regular hefe is a must try.

budgood1 likes this.
  17. Ish1

Ish1 Savant (310) Minnesota Feb 25, 2010

I look forward to their regular Hefe every summer. This sampler is going to be epic!

budgood1 likes this.
  18. SipIt

SipIt Aficionado (205) Minnesota Jul 18, 2013

I'll definitely pick up a 12pk of this. Does anyone know if the Pils 12pk is still around anywhere?

19. ZAP

Total wine had it for 10.99 yesterday...got another for myself in fact..they had a good supply of it....never saw it in northern Mn...kind of sad really

SipIt and Chaz like this.
  20. I doubt Roch will get this. We can't even get the regular release Hefe

21. SipIt

D@mn, I was there on Friday specifically looking for it and didn't see it! Thanks, I'll have to check again.

22. ZAP

It is so sprawling it is kind of hard to find things but their workers are real good. I asked a couple times for items and bam they knew right where to send me. Sat is when I saw them.

SipIt likes this.
  23. ZAP

Hey did you ever find it there. I might have messed up. I just opened the 12er I bought and it was the 2014 beer wit hthe new green label that was in the sampler. The packaging looked a lot like the sampler and I just thought that is what I bought. Maybe they did not have the sampler after all.

24. SipIt

Nope, not the sampler, I got the 2014. Oh well, I look forward to the hefe series.

25. Chaz

Rolling out next week:
    [​IMG]

26. KarlHungus

KarlHungus Champion (810) Minnesota Feb 19, 2005

I'm not sure how I feel about two of those being as clear as they are, but I love those glasses.

Chaz likes this.
  27. Chaz

Well, I recall their 150th Anniversary series Dampfbier as being fairly clear, but darker than the bier pictured above. The original Weiss Bier was a Kristallweiss (and I believe the brewery made the switch to the cloudy Hefeweiss back in 2002), so it'll be fun to try that again after so many years. :)

28. SipIt

I'm definitely picking a couple 12ers of these up and it looks like they'll be out just as I finish off the last few of my Dancing Man Wheat from New Glarus.

psychotia likes this.
  29. Pintofbrown

Pintofbrown Advocate (540) Iowa Jun 25, 2011

You may call me crazy, but I am legitimately more excited for this 12 pack than Sierra Nevada's Beer Camp Across America thingy.

30. Chaz

Is that the 12-pack I.P.A. variety pack, or another one?

There are too many SKUs to keep track of (alongside the myriad BIPs) for yours truly. ;)

31. Pintofbrown

Pintofbrown Advocate (540) Iowa Jun 25, 2011

http://beercamp.sierranevada.com/beer/

Chaz likes this.
  32. psychotia

psychotia Savant (375) Minnesota Jun 27, 2009

mmm and the glass makes it all the sexier. look at that head, srsly!

anyone know of a retailer in the area with that glass for sale? EDIT by area, I mean TC metro.

Last edited: Jun 24, 2014
  33. mnbearsfan

mnbearsfan Savant (425) Minnesota Dec 25, 2009

Make a trip down to Schells on Sunday...well worth it. And you can pick all the glassware you want

psychotia likes this.
  34. JediMatt

JediMatt Aficionado (210) Iowa Jun 18, 2010

Look sooo good! Can't wait!

35. psychotia

psychotia Savant (375) Minnesota Jun 27, 2009

Tempting... It's on my list of weekend day trips.

36. 4four4

4four4 Aficionado (215) Minnesota Apr 27, 2007

This brewery makes the best wheat beer in our market. Berg and company continue to surprise me.

37. morimech

morimech Advocate (710) Minnesota Nov 6, 2006

It is out. Picked one up in Chanhassen today.

Chaz likes this.
  38. Chaz

I'm chasing the wrong trucks! ;)

muck1979 likes this.
  39. Ish1

Ish1 Savant (310) Minnesota Feb 25, 2010

Me too! Any sittings in the SE Metro?

40. Anyone know if Zipp's has it?