1. The wait is over! Download the BeerAdvocate app on iTunes or Google Play now.
  2. Get 12 issues / year of BeerAdvocate magazine for only $9.99!

[SEA] Five Gold Rings?

Discussion in 'US - Northwest' started by NWer, Dec 1, 2012.

1. NWer

NWer Advocate (660) Washington Mar 10, 2009

I look forward each year to the Bruery Christmas seasonal. Any sightings yet in the Seattle area? Northwest?
  2. jpbebeau

jpbebeau Savant (350) Washington Sep 11, 2011

I think it was on the shelf at Total Wine in Bellevue when I stopped by to get some Christmas presents [for others].
  3. dirtylou

dirtylou Champion (760) Washington May 12, 2005

I have seen it everywhere that sells the Bruery in Seattle (bottleworks, full throttle, whole foods to name a few).

I also look forward to these releases, but this one looks a little narsty :)
  4. NWer

Thanks. I saw the comments where some thought it was "narsty" - thank God for Urban Dictionary :) I'm adventurous. Anxious to see for myself and to put another one down. Maybe it will improve with time.
  5. yojimbo1

yojimbo1 Initiate (0) Kansas Feb 26, 2012

Pretty sure I saw this at special brews a few days ago.
  6. Sure they were.
  7. dirtylou

For others...

Narsty = "Of, or concerning, the pinnacle of nastiness. Appallingly ugly."
  8. bifrost17

bifrost17 Initiate (0) Washington Dec 16, 2011

Whole Foods Interbay has it.
  9. Lordkrystic

Lordkrystic Savant (265) Washington Jul 18, 2012

We will have it on tap at the Red Hot in Tacoma this week...probably Wednesday or Thursday.
    NWer likes this.
  10. Bottles avail at Tacoma Boys 6th Ave.
  11. NWer

Where were you when I lived in Federal Way??? Will definitely check out the Red Hot next time we're in the area. We get down that way every once in a while for old times sake.
  12. jnoble

jnoble Aficionado (160) Oklahoma Feb 23, 2012

This. I was in at Special Brews on Friday and I definitely saw a couple bottles of it.

New deliveries from The Bruery, Orange, CA:
    The Bruery - Five Golden Rings
    The Bruery - Oude Tart
    The Bruery - Rueuze Gueuze
    The Bruery - Rugbrod
    The Bruery - Smoking Wood Rye Whiskey Aged

^^That is a post from the Special Brews Facebook page from this past Thursday. Hopefully you can get your hands on a bottle, good luck!

Cheers!
  13. draheim

draheim Poobah (1,025) Washington Sep 18, 2010

Against my better judgment (based on reviews so far anyway) I picked up a bottle of 5 Golden Rings @ Beer Junction today, along with Oude Tart and Rueuze, plus more other beers than I care to think about. Then I grabbed a Smoking Wood @ Full Throttle; at $24 I hope it's worth it. They also had 5 Golden Rings and Oude Tart. On my way home I stopped @ Roosevelt Whole Foods where I think I saw more 5 Golden Rings and definitely Oude Tart.

I'll probably lay the 5 Golden Rings down for a year or two at least. I typically buy a pair of Bruery "12 beers" releases, drink one relatively fresh and keep one in the cellar. But I've been pretty discouraged by the reviews I've seen so far, couldn't justify buying a second one.

Oh, and Last Drop still had lots of Black Raven Pour Les Oiseaux, one that I'd given up weeks ago on acquiring... Still no FW XVI or Ivan anywhere though.
    NWer likes this.
  14. dirtylou

Nice little Sunday...

Do you belong to the church of Patrick Rue?

Got that Black Raven a few weeks ago @ full throttle. Also, got that Rueze before thanksgiving in Portland. Nailed the oude tart, but am sitting out on 5 golden rings and smoking wood this year
  15. draheim

draheim Poobah (1,025) Washington Sep 18, 2010

It felt a little like that, hauling in four Bruery beers (and passing on another, Rugbrod). What can I say, I'm a sucker for classy packaging. I swear The Bruery had me specifically in mind when they decided on their marketing strategy.
  16. Smurf2055

Smurf2055 Savant (485) Washington Nov 12, 2011

I think it is
  17. pnoland

pnoland Aspirant (35) Washington Oct 26, 2012

It was on tap at Bambino's as of Saturday night.
  18. CA_Infidel2o9

CA_Infidel2o9 Savant (310) Dec 1, 2012

Lol same here, i've tried 4 of their brews and none of them did it for me...

so i bought a smoking wood...

DAMN YOU FANCY PACKAGING!!
  19. Is Oude Tart worth the $21.99 that Whole Foods RSQ is asking? I keep eying it...
  20. mrunseen

mrunseen Savant (250) Washington Mar 4, 2006

I saw some bottles at Bottleworks this evening. (12/9/12)