1. BeerAdvocate on your phone?! True story. Try the beta now.

Sea Hag in RI

Discussion in 'US - New England' started by MVP09, Jan 5, 2013.

1. MVP09

MVP09 Member

Picked up a 6 pack at mendon w&m. How do I know it's not old? It was not there a month ago when I was there last. But the same 4 pack of Ghandi Bot was
  2. tehzachatak

tehzachatak Member

Is it sitting on the cardboard case? Those are dated.
  3. EDNOSE

EDNOSE Member

can changed 6 months ago to really rule out super old ...
  4. Horbar

Horbar Member

I don't know about the Hag, but the GBot s from July. I stopped buying it in Late August because it was no longer good. I told the guy and he said he'd look into it. Lol....it's 5 months later and there it sits for 13.99 a four pack. SMH!!
  5. Providence

Providence Member

My friend bought a sixer of Sea Hag from Mendon w&m at the beginning of December. He bought some Gandhi-Bot as well. The Gbot was a shadow of its former self. However, the bigger story was the Sea Hag, it was ridiculously over carbonated. All six of the beers, when poured into a pint glass had about 1/8 beer and 7/8 head. It was nuts. The beer that we could get to our lips had a very over carbonated mouthfeel as well. Waste of money for sure.

I'd love to hear how yours turns out. I don't know if he just got a bad sixer or if they are all messed up.
  6. dortenzio1991

dortenzio1991 Member

Coulda sworn that NEBCO was pulling out of everywhere but CT
  7. LiquidCourage

LiquidCourage Member

The Ghandi Bot I bought in Cumberland a month ago (probably sitting there since July) was below average. At $12 a four pack I probably wont get it again. However, I'd certainly try it fresh and see what its all about.
  8. MVP09

MVP09 Member

It's the newer red label. About to crack one open now. I will let you know if its tasty
  9. MVP09

MVP09 Member

Yes confirmed same 4 pack is there with 2 four packs of 668 that look old. Funny place. They had FW barley wine and Frangelic Mnt plus BCBS. But had old NEBCO and saw a 4 pack of big A smuttynose that said it was bottled in 2010. The dust on bottles was an inch thick. Place is on my was home and I live in mass so RI only stuff is a treat. Definitely a hit or miss place
    Horbar likes this.
  10. MVP09

MVP09 Member

Drinking now not overly carbonated. It's tangy though piney hops, smells great. No malt taste at all. Think I may have lucked out and it might be fresh. Last time I tasted was a couple years ago and it was in combo with a lot of Dales on a hot beach day. Tastes pretty F ing good
    Horbar likes this.
  11. Pegli

Pegli Member

I just picked up a sixer at my local packie this weekend and it was overly carbonated, lots of floaties, and a bit of a cidery taste to it...I hadn't noticed them before so I thought it was a new shipment.

What changes have been made to the label ?

I've been burnt by the Elm City Lager a few times and now Sea Hag...might have to skip over NEBCO for some of the up and coming Lil Rhody offerings...
  12. Providence

Providence Member

Fresh Gbot is in my second favorite right behind Heady Topper.

I had the ancient stuff from the joint in Cumberland, it was rubbish.