1. The wait is over! Download the BeerAdvocate app on iTunes or Google Play now.
  2. Get 12 issues / year of BeerAdvocate magazine for only $9.99!

Seasonal/Limited Brew List

Discussion in 'Beer Talk' started by slevy221, Aug 30, 2014.

1. slevy221

slevy221 Disciple (60) New Jersey Feb 27, 2014

Hello Fellow BeerAdvocate Members!

Over the past year I've become a huge fan of craft beer. I've gone from appreciating the basics, to building a cellar (25 deep) to driving my wife crazy with my obsession.

I'm also an Excel nut and love to track my cellar in a spectacular excel doc. Today I decided to add a tab to this doc where I track when Seasonal/Limited beers come out so I know when/what to target to either add to my cellar or to drink and track on Untappd.

My limited amount of craft beer knowledge has me drawing a blank on what else to add. This is what I have so far:
    • Founders - KBS - April
    • Founders - Backwoods Bastard - November
    • Goose Island - BCBS - November
    • The Bruery - Next Edition of their Winter Series - December (?) (I have 5 & 6)
    • The Bruery - Autumn Maple - Fall (?)
    What do you guys recommend that I add to this list? What are the go to limited/seasonal releases that I need to target to add to my cellar for potential 5 year verticals or to simply target and enjoy with my friends who laugh at me for my craft beer obsession but appreciate it the moment I crack open a delicious bottle.

Thanks for any recommendations!

2. Southern Tier Pumking and Warlock. Troegs Hop Knife.

3. That's a pretty small list you got there. You missed the best founders release their imperial stout. Also, all the firestone releases. BBPT5, black note, Black Tuesday, dark lord, behemoth, all stone seasonal irs, double bastard, old guardian etc, Bigfoot, narwhal, BA Bigfoot, marshal zuchov, hunahpu.....

Last edited: Aug 30, 2014
    hopnado likes this.
  4. fredmugs

fredmugs Champion (830) Indiana Aug 11, 2012

Surly Darkness Day is usually the last Sat in October.
    Dark BA Plead the 5th is middle of December-ish.
    Foothills BA Sexual Chocolate is Sept 5th.

Hunaphu Day is/was in March.
    Founders Breakfast Stout is Sept and Impy Stout Jan 1st.
    Dark Lord Day is usually last weekend in April.

5. "The Bruery - Next Edition of their Winter Series - December (?) (I have 5 & 6)"

That would be 7 Swans-A-Swimming.

Gemini6 likes this.
  6. Arch578

Arch578 Savant (250) Ohio Jul 30, 2014

It's worth cellaring something like SN Bigfoot Barleywine for a few years running so you can do a vertical and not worry about whether or not you'll be able to find it each year.

7. Cyclone8

Cyclone8 Savant (425) Minnesota Oct 19, 2011

(Almost) every brewery will have a calendar on their website of what comes out and when, that would be by far the most efficient way of tackling this problem. It does sound like the end product would be cool, perhaps you could check in when you're done and share the list, I'm sure there are a lot of us who would appreciate it!

AdmiralOzone likes this.
  8. CycleDad

CycleDad Disciple (55) Illinois Jun 29, 2012

How about Great Lakes Christmas ale?

9. Don't forget Mad Elf!

10. beertunes

beertunes Poobah (1,035) Washington Sep 24, 2007

Deschutes Abyss and Black Butte Anniversary. Fremont Bourbon Abominable. Pelican MoaS. Big Time Old Sol. Naked City's Big Lebrewski.

11. BA Santas Little Helper Port Brewing is out now. Speedway Stout (all variations) from Alesmith. Decidance should be out soon from Alesmith. All cellar worthy. I'm thirsty now...

12. KMitch

KMitch Savant (255) Alabama Aug 29, 2012

Westbrook's Mexican Cake and all of it's variations. But there's also releases like Duck Duck Gooze from Lost Abbey that's out only once every 3 years.

slevy221 likes this.