1. The wait is over! Download the BeerAdvocate app on iTunes or Google Play now.
  2. Get 12 issues / year of BeerAdvocate magazine for only $9.99!

Seat at the table - Abstrakt?

Discussion in 'Australia & New Zealand' started by MrKennedy, Apr 3, 2012.

1. MrKennedy

MrKennedy Advocate (575) Australia Dec 29, 2006

Figured i'd see if there's anyone on here with Brewdog Abstrakt AB:01 that was keen to do a tasting of all the Abstrakt series, 01 through to 08 (or 09 when it gets released soon) for a bit of fun.

The tasting already has bottles each of 02, 03, 04, 05, 07 and 08. I'm guessing 06 might still be around somewhere.

Start up a "conversation" with me or reply here and we can hopefully work something out.
  2. I'm starting to regret not having a shot of abstrakt or TNP when I was over in Edinburgh for less than 10 pounds...:(
    MrKennedy likes this.
  3. barls

barls Aficionado (175) Australia Nov 15, 2006

when and where might have a bottle need to check though
  4. MrKennedy

Basically whenever was mutually suitable. I'm in West Ryde and can host no problems.

Sundays and Tuesday nights are the best for me, but I wouldn't rule anything out.

Let me know how you get on and what suits you.
  5. Lukie

Lukie Savant (415) Australia Jun 16, 2007

Can you collect 1-8 and send them to me?
  6. mulder1010

mulder1010 Initiate (0) Australia Aug 29, 2008

UMMMMMMMM He is doing it. Called Ode to Lukie :cool:
  7. Lukie

He should call it: "Sorry guys, I gave them to Lukie because he is amazing".
  8. mulder1010

would you take a case of Mornington DIPA instead??
  9. Lukie

I would take the case of MDIPA including the Abstrakts.
  10. MrKennedy

If i lived in Newcastle i could find at least half:)
  11. barls

got a bottle of two on the door of the fridge, so if i have one its under the house. not planning on jumping under there but ill try this weekend.
    MrKennedy likes this.
  12. MordeciaFunk

MordeciaFunk Savant (260) Australia Feb 14, 2012

Judging by his profile picture, I'm sure Mr Kennedy could lift the house up for you while you look.
  13. Lukie

Whilst Bobby Heenan is amazing, he could never... well, ever, have lifted a house.
  14. MordeciaFunk

Thats not Mr Kennedy?!? Next you're going to tell me that the Tooth Beaver doesn't exist. I feel my child like innocence draining away.... :(

On a side note Lukie, we should organise a tasting of weird, wacky and wonderful beers so the Sydney-siders can become as jealous as we are when they have these events.
  15. MrKennedy

He'd have needed some help off Monsoon
  16. MrKennedy

If any West Aussies or people from elsewhere are in town, be sure to let me know, always happy to open up beers.

Oh and trust me, being friends with IBS & Cellarbrations Carlisle on Facebook; i get jealous enough for what those two places alone get in, have on growlers etc.
  17. Lukie

We are doing a single hop tasting next saturday if Perth people are interested.

Four bottles, and two beers on tap (and when they run out, 2 more single hops on tap!).
  18. barls

think i saw a 6 at beer cartel. dont quote me on that though.
  19. MrKennedy

Thanks, I'll suss it out when I get a chance to head over there
  20. barls

sorry its taken me a while to answer but i did finally get under the house and yes there is a bottle of number one there.
  21. MordeciaFunk

Am I the only one picturing Mr Barls being stuck under his house the last 4 months?
  22. MrKennedy

Cool, maybe after your Beervana trip we can tee up a time to open the series up.
  23. barls

it actually took me that long to get under there. the motivating factor being i needed a couple of the bottles of sours for the state home brew comp.
    i keep them under there so i cant get to them easily and drink them.
    hopefully i have at least a 40 out of 50 point cherry lambic this year.

definately will have to try to tee up a time to open them. did bring it out with me. theres also a couple of bottles of 2 down there as well, apart from the other usual bottles that are down there. its an impressive cellar just not very easy to get too. lets see chimay blue one bottle at least for the last 5 years, Murray's aniversery ale back to number 1 only missing 3, abstracts and fullers, wild things and a shit load of homebrewed lambics and sours.
  24. mulder1010

I know there are rumblings of an AA series 1-6 tasting coming. Not sure when though. Working on a tasting on 8 Sept.
    Would be keen to try the first year Wild thing again. Just have the 2010 version now.
    How far back do you go with the Fuller's stuff?
  25. Lukie

I would love to try one of your homebrew krieks :)
  26. barls

not too far with the fullers only the one bottle at this stage, might try to pick up some more while im over there again
    the wild thing will have to wait till the wife is drinking again as its hers.

lukie, it depends on how sour you like them the last batch of kriek is almost lou pepe sour its a pity i only did a small batch of it. just split the next one on to cherries and raspberries, it will be ready hopefully some time around march next year.
  27. did you guys find abstrakt 06 cos i've seen it in a couple of perth stores over the last week. did this tasting already happen? keen to hear how it went if so
  28. MrKennedy

The tasting hasn't happened yet, was going to get in touch with barls after Beervana, but haven't got around to it yet. Don't have AB:06 currently. Will let you know how it goes. Hoping to do this before Xmas along with a few other ideas in the works.
  29. dgilks

dgilks Advocate (665) Australia Jul 14, 2008

If you can organise it on a weekend I can sort out the latest releases if you want to make it even bigger.
  30. MrKennedy

Thanks David, weekends are pretty scarce, so it'd be tough. Will see, thanks for the offer
  31. danieelol

danieelol Advocate (510) Australia Jun 15, 2010

Have a feeling AB:06 might still be at Camperdown Owen if you want me to check for you
  32. MrKennedy

Thanks, it should be all good, perthbelgianbeer has kindly found one and is sending it across next week.
  33. barls

time hard to find at this end as well. with me loosing my job and the first born due in under the next month.
    its really hard. only brewed for myself once in over two weeks.
    still want to do this but would be looking closer to november at this stage.
  34. mammal33

mammal33 Aficionado (110) Georgia Apr 23, 2012

damn, bummed i'm gonna miss this tasting session......some of those look damn tasty, the 04 especially.....i'll still try to make it up that way tho and do another w/ ya. These beers I brought from the states are burning a hole in my duffle bag.......
  35. MrKennedy

If the dates work, great. If not, we can organise another for you if you get up to Sydney. Got a few ideas in mind:)
    mammal33 likes this.
  36. barls

hows mid november looking for you??? also what number do you have up to as i think i saw 6-8 on the shelf at beer cartel the other week
  37. MrKennedy

That ought to be fine. Got 2-9.
  38. barls

cool. we aiming for a weekend or week night?
  39. MrKennedy

I always find it easier to fit in a weeknight, but could do a weekend depending on clashes.