SeaTac Brews?

Discussion in 'US - Northwest' started by StoutChaser7D, Jan 29, 2013.

1. I'm flying into and staying in SeaTac for business tomorrow. Any place that I can get a good brew within walking distance (1-2 miles) from the airport?

2. draheim

draheim Poobah (1,050) Washington Sep 18, 2010

I spend as little time as possible anywhere near the airport, but this map might be useful. It shows a few beer bars both in the airport terminal and in the immediate vicinity. I'd probably try to get to Elliott Bay Brewpub in Burien if it's not too much of a hike. Enjoy your stay.

3. Sharp's Roaster and Ale House (right outside the airport) has some some good local stuff, surprisingly. The airport itself has Fremont if you want that. Sharps is the closest other than Elliot Bay Burien, but you'd have to take a taxi. It's not within walking distance.

barleywinefiend and sharpski like this.
  4. Thank you for the suggestions, Elliott Bay sounds interesting, 9 miles RT isn't too bad of a walk... But a cab is probably better! Especially if it is raining.

5. draheim

It's almost guaranteed to be raining. Try using Metro's Trip Planner, you just plug in your addresses or cross-streets and travel time and find the best route for your trip. I don't think the light rail goes through Burien, but if it does that would be your most convenient option.

6. No time to take the light rail into Seattle?

7. Going to be in a training from 8-6 Thurs, 8-3 Fri, Flight @ 6 Friday. Arrive Weds @ 6:45 pm. Whirlwind trip. What is the light rail transit from the airport to Seattle proper?

8. What you need is a personal beer guide to Seattle. The magic words are IM BUYING

draheim likes this.
  9. draheim

10. That all depends on the per diem... Doubtful it will work but a great thought.

11. takes about 40 minutes to take the light rail from the airport to the final downtown stop. if you took it pioneer square, you could go to the excellent Collins Pub.

EDIT: beat me to it!

12. I was also going to say light rail to Collins. :) Pine Box might even be doable.

13. Sounds interesting, might have to make that happen. Keep up the ideas!

14. draheim

15. I visited Sharps for the first time two weeks ago and was pleasantly surprised at the taplist. Plenty of good stuff but nothing to blow your hair back. If that's all you really have available, you'll be set just fine.

16. I'm actually supposed to have dinner there on Saturday. Happy to hear it's not horrible.

17. Mmmm good old Russian River, wish I lived close to Santa Rosa. Anything you are looking for from them? On a side note, any Sierra brews you guys looking for? I live 20 minutes from the Brewery and am not afraid to start trading for some Pacific Northwest stuff...

18. draheim

I believe a number of us are eagerly anticipating the arrival of Barrel-Aged Bigfoot. Otherwise, we probably get most SN beers.

I think lot of us stocked up on all the RR sours we could find as soon as we learned they were pulling out.

19. Of course BA Bigfoot! Only disto in Chico is at the brewery and I hear they are sold out...

20. Bildo

Bildo Aficionado (185) Minnesota Jan 24, 2013

Russian River has pulled out of WA? such a tragedy and makes my trips to Seattle less enjoyable for my Midwest BA's.

21. Well, Just got back from Seatac... Let's just say that I will never trust Holiday Inn Express in their judgement of good food. The recommendation was for the Bull Pen... Bad food, bad beer. Funny local stories and history though. worth the "experience" as they say. On the other had, Elliott Bay in Burien was excellent. Thoroughly enjoyed it, and would go back if ever in Seatac again. Thank you all for the recommendations.

22. NWer

NWer Advocate (660) Washington Mar 10, 2009

You would take advice from Holiday In Express over BA's?
    Bad.

23. Ha, well you know, rain, late at night, tired from travel... but it's really no excuse, at least I listened on Thursday!

24. draheim

You lost me at "rain" being a reason not to do something. ;)
    Glad you at least made it to Elliott Bay.

25. HectorB

HectorB Aficionado (135) New York Sep 21, 2013

So are there any good places actually INSIDE SeaTac to try local beers? Fremont or Black Raven? Thanks!

26. Standard Fremont is available at the airport. Interurban IPA, Universale Pale.

No Black Raven.

27. Even in superior beer spots within Seattle finding Black Raven stuff is a longshot at best.

28. Trickster is pretty easy to find in the city, but that's about it.

29. I rarely see it in the spots close to me (Naked City, Chuck's, and The Yard). Looks like it is on at Chuck's right now though.