1. The wait is over! Download the BeerAdvocate app on iTunes or Google Play now.
  2. Get 12 issues / year of BeerAdvocate magazine for only $9.99!

Seattle Beer Tasting

Discussion in 'US - Northwest' started by t4h2c0, Apr 12, 2012.

?

Favortie Crazy Beer Style

1. Sour

60.7%
  2. Imperial Stout

39.3%
  3. Imperial/Double IPA

14.3%
  4. Strong Beer

17.9%
  5. Barleywine

25.0%
  6. Experimental

10.7%
  7. Other

3.6%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. Concentrated Evil was a miss for me. Ivan the Terrible and Black Butte XXIII get my vote.

2. I would say abyss, but whatever you think is best will work

3. youradhere

youradhere Savant (485) Arkansas Feb 29, 2008

Ya I'd love to but no whales here, only brown trout :)

4. podunkparte

podunkparte Initiate (0) Washington Nov 14, 2009

Funny, the brown ale Martin and I brewed is called Brown Trout

5. youradhere

youradhere Savant (485) Arkansas Feb 29, 2008

Brown trout are indigenous to water treatment plants....

6. podunkparte

Every once in a while on a camping trip, I'll sneak off into the woods for some reason. I've found that wild Brown Trout can even be found on land!

7. bfg75

bfg75 Aficionado (235) Washington Feb 26, 2011

I'll bring Zombie Dust instead of the Sculpin/Rabbid Rabbit.

Waltersrj: I had Deviation back when it was originally released but would love to try it again after it's been aged for a few years.

8. bfg75

We'll have what we're bringing for food sorted tomorrow. I'm also going to bring 3 12s of Sculpin in addition to the Sea Monster/Tongue Buckler/Zombie Dust.

9. suncrust

suncrust Savant (295) Washington Apr 17, 2011

I've been a ghost on this thread... but I'm still planning on coming. I second the Deviation & the Concentrated Evil.

Just curious, what's this setup like? Tables, chairs, fridge, sink, etc? Never been there before.... also interested in what your plan was to chill the beers.

10. You second the Concentrated Evil, meaning you'd like to try it or it was a miss for you?
    Thinking since we have a couple other 50/50 brews, maybe I should bring it.

Open to other opinions too. Any last minute votes? Some were interested in Wake Up Dead, Black Butte XXIII, and Abyss.

11. suncrust

suncrust Savant (295) Washington Apr 17, 2011

Yeah, meaning I wouldn't mind trying Concentrated Evil. IMO, the Wake Up Dead is a bit off & misses the mark. An Abyss vertical is enticing as well...

12. There is a large table with many chairs in the tasting room, there should be enough for everyone. The tasting room is pretty nice with couch, tv, computer/internet, and other amenities. No fridge or sink. I can bring a bucket and trash can. I am going to bring a cooler with some ice in it for some of the beers but feel free to bring a small cooler or anything else you think you might need, like tasting glasses, try and bring your own glass, i will have some extras but we dont want to not have enough glasses. There is a restroom down the hall.
    Check the earlier discussion for directions to seattle wine storage, once you get there give me a call at 206-419-8468 and I will let you in.

another link to spreadsheet:

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0Ainv9CAPs6YndDFwNDVOLV9oZTFHQ3VFS3pQdVNTX1E#gid=0

13. if you got 2011 abyss i got the 2010

14. waltersrj

waltersrj Initiate (0) Washington Dec 16, 2010

Sorry guys can't make this one but thanks for the invite! Also, where did this reference to my Deviation come from?...since I don't own one lol!

15. BillHilly

BillHilly Savant (410) Washington Oct 17, 2010

I'll be there, maybe 30-45 mins late...updated my brings.

16. Word, I'll bring an '11.

17. podunkparte

Ha, yeah I've been looking all over this thread for a deviation reference but couldn't find it.

18. waltersrj

Apparently in the spreadsheet someone posted I'd bring a DDG, CC, and Deviation lol. I'm guessing because of the Whale BIF's and Whale tasting I'm a part of. Someone is "hilarious." :)

19. podunkparte

Haha, wow. How generous of you Ryan!

20. BillHilly

BillHilly Savant (410) Washington Oct 17, 2010

Doug has crabs?

21. waltersrj

Obviously :)

22. podunkparte

Wait, Bill, you didn't add that?! I didn't add it. Martin didn't add it. We have a mystery jokester on our hands fellas!

23. call me at 206-419-8468 when you arrive

24. Dudes someone let us ithe phonen down here. hes not answering the phone

25. [​IMG]

Here is the haul. Thanks Keith

bfg75 and NWer like this.
  26. bfg75

Thanks to everyone for such a great bottleshare! I look forward to more in the future and hope everyone has a great weekend!