1. BeerAdvocate on your phone?! True story. Try the beta now.

Seattle recommendation needed

Discussion in 'US - Northwest' started by cosco, Dec 3, 2012.

1. cosco

cosco Member

I am going to be in Seattle for just one night (Tuesday). I will be staying at the Marriott Waterfront. Are there any worthwhile breweries or beer bars within walking distance? Looks like Pike Pub & Brewery may be the closest.
  2. distantmantra

distantmantra Member

Not much within walking distance of downtown compared to the neighborhoods. Pike, Elysian Fields and Collins Pub for sure.

If you're feeling adventurous, walk up Capitol Hill to The Pine Box, or find a way to Fremont Brewing and get yourself some B-Bomb before hitting up Brouwers.
    flexabull likes this.
  3. beefandbean22

beefandbean22 Member

Yes, find a way to Fremont Brewing. B-bomb comes out tomorrow, you won't regret it.
  4. NWer

NWer Member

5. BuckeyeOne

BuckeyeOne Member

I have been there and this is a good recommendation. Great taplist and wonderful pizza and Caesar salad.
  6. Aleforme

Aleforme Member

Bambinos looks pretty cool. Haven't been there yet though.

If you can do a quick cab ride, I'd also suggest Pine Box. They have a really great taplist and the food is pretty good. If trying to walk it, getting there would pretty much be all up hill. Cab ride would probably be less than $10.
    pnoland likes this.
  7. slinkie

slinkie Member

Echoing recommendations for Pine Box. They have the tap list online, so you can check before you go. Elysian's also reasonably close.
  8. BuckeyeOne

BuckeyeOne Member

If the OP really wants/needs to walk, then let me just be clear that Pine Box and Elysian Capitol Hill are a haul from the Marriott Waterfront and all uphill.
  9. slinkie

slinkie Member

Pine Box isn't too bad of a walk from downtown. A little over a mile, and not a terrible hill. Elysian Fields is closer than the Capitol Hill Elysian. "Within walking distance" is relative though.
  10. podunkparte

podunkparte Member

Get to Fremont for b-bomb and you can even grab a bottle or 2.
  11. cosco

cosco Member

Made it to Seattle. Thanks for the advice guys. Given the shortness of time and what will probably be an extended dinner at Metropolitan Grill, I think I will probably just stop by Pike Brewery.
  12. dirtylou

dirtylou Member

If you are eating at the Met, definitely walk about 3 blocks to Collins Pub!! Way better option IMO
    beertunes and jpbebeau like this.
  13. BuckeyeOne

BuckeyeOne Member

+1. Listen to the man. Pike is just meh. Collins Pub is fantastic.
  14. mv945

mv945 Member

No question, Collins all day over Pike. If I didn't have to get home, I'd meet you there, I walk by every day.
  15. Aleforme

Aleforme Member

4th'd (sp?) on Collins Pub over Pike. Not sure why I didn't think of that earlier.
  16. slinkie

slinkie Member

Am I the only one who is bugged by Collins? Although, I'd take it over Pike any day.
  17. BuckeyeOne

BuckeyeOne Member

I could see that. I've had my ire up at each of his places --- Collins, Hudson, and Mutiny Hall (especially the latter --- the effing music always seems to be too loud).