1. The wait is over! Download the BeerAdvocate app on iTunes or Google Play now.
  2. Get 12 issues / year of BeerAdvocate magazine for only $9.99!

Secret Bunny 2013 - Hints and Hauls

Discussion in 'Beer It Forward' started by cbeer88, Mar 2, 2013.

1. Hint #2: My target's stout has gotten snow this winter season.

I should be able to hit a bunch of my target's wants and he's currently in at least two other BIFs right now.
  2. MegDuf32

MegDuf32 Aficionado (135) Illinois Jan 12, 2011

Hint 3: My target is east of me.
  3. Lol, that should say target's "state." Must have had beer on the brain.
  4. Stinger80OH

Stinger80OH Advocate (640) Ohio Nov 11, 2011

HINT #3: A recent haul included a bunch of beers from my target's state.
  5. Hint #2: My target lives in a state who's football team has only won one Superbowl.
  6. Summer78

Summer78 Savant (295) Illinois Jan 18, 2013

Hint 3: my target is south of me
  7. beersis81

beersis81 Savant (260) Illinois Mar 13, 2009

Just about finished shopping for my target. A box half filled with wants and half filled with some of my favorite local offerings will be headed out at the start of the shipping window to someone who has posted in this thread.
  8. Hint 2: My target has an avatar.
  9. Hint 3: target's location has a total population of more that 30k but less than 60k

Side note: picked up some offerings from a really sought after brewery from Northern California this week that will hit a couple wants. Will finish my shopping by the end of the week.
  10. Summer78

11. Hint #3 - My target lives in one of the first 20 states to be accepted into the union (one of the first 20 states to officially become a state)
  12. Hint...2? There's a 50/50 chance my target has taken a shot at brewing beer before.
  13. Kwaide

Kwaide Aficionado (220) Virginia Jul 11, 2012

Last hint before I send off my box: my target could probably get one hell of a Cuban sandwich for lunch.
  14. How do you know I brewed Tröegs scratch 58?
  15. MegDuf32

MegDuf32 Aficionado (135) Illinois Jan 12, 2011

Hint 3: My target has yet to post a hint.
  16. Hint #3: My target lives in a state that DOESN'T have an "A" in its name.

My Shopping is complete sans the candy...

11 Bottles
    190 oz. Total
    2 750ml
    3 22oz
    2 375 ml
    4 12oz

6 of which are "Wants"

At least 3 and no more than 7 of which are Barrel Aged in some way.

Regions represented: Norcal, Socal, and the Pacific Northwest.

Styles Represented: American Strong Ale, Porter, Imperial Stout, IPA, DIPA, American Wild Ale, Barleywine, Red Ale, and Belgian Dark Ale.

Candy: yet to be determined

Shipping Monday.
  17. Summer78

Final Hint:
    My target's avatar is an animal.

My shopping is also complete sans candy:

175 oz among 11 unique bottles
    7 - 12oz bottles
    4 - large format

5 "wants"
    Average BA score - 93.9
    Representing: IL, MI, MO, WI, IN

Styles: Milk stout, old ale, IPA, wheat, coffee stout, imperial stout, APA, DIPA, black rye IPA
  18. Summer78

I could be your target! Sounds like an awesome box!
  19. RayUF07

RayUF07 Advocate (625) Florida Sep 22, 2012

Hint 2: my target has not updated his wants in a very long time.

20. Perhaps. One will have to wait until next Thursday or Friday to find out.
  21. Hmmmmm...i think my bulldog is an anmal! Heh
  22. Hint #3:
    My target has not yet posted in this thread yet.

Box is being shipped on Monday.
    4 wants
    6-7 locals
  23. Final Hint:
    My target recently updated their wants and seems to really love the West coast

Shopping is done and the box will go out Monday
    11 bottles
    8 wants
    2 locals
    1 high quality non local
  24. beersis81

beersis81 Savant (260) Illinois Mar 13, 2009

Box is going out tomorrow to someone who has a face in their avatar. 12 bottles total, 5 wants, 7 locals, and some Easter treats are inside. Swag is coming separately but should also arrive this week.
  25. My box of mostly FL treats is going out tomorrow to one of the first 10 people who posted in this thread
  26. Jefe73

Jefe73 Savant (315) Florida Jan 31, 2008

My target has posted in this thread, but hasn't posted a hint.
  27. I am on my way to drop this bad boy off .

[​IMG]
    bunny by ficklenicholas, on Flickr

Heading to a major city.
  28. Package was picked up by FedEx this morning and now we pray to the Beer Mail gods!

if i was to walk to my target's house.....It would take me 767 hours
  29. Summer78

Added another 22 oz of wants for my target, a load of my candy faves, and shipped today. It should hit my target Friday. Enjoy!
  30. Kwaide

Kwaide Aficionado (220) Virginia Jul 11, 2012

The beer is boxed. Now for the candy and other stuff. Maybe hide an extra beer in the candy box. Will be on its way to a state with one of my favorite theme parks in it and it takes 12 hours and heavy metal to get there by car.
  31. working on my box( that's what she said) filling it will some vintage stuff to help out this BA's cellar, different vintages than what he already has. Hopefully he will enjoy the comparison. Need to get a shirt and some candy look at sending Monday to get to his location Friday
  32. Jefe73

Jefe73 Savant (315) Florida Jan 31, 2008

Based on all of your hints so far, this box is definitely heading to FL. Cuban sandwich reference has me guessing Tampa. However, there are two of us from FL participating in this BIF so who could it be???
  33. Went to a local brewery on Saturday that just changed its IPA recipe because they got a new Head Brewmaster. So there will also be a fresh 16oz can of local IPA that was just canned on 3/7.
  34. jyounger30

jyounger30 Aficionado (120) Georgia Oct 25, 2008

Still doing some shopping, should have everything finished up in the next day or two. So far I have nailed 14 wants. I know I broke the rules, but there's a few that are 12oz so that's how I justify that... My target lives in the same state our summer home was for many years, it's north of me. More hints to follow as I box and ship. Cheers!
  35. I've been out of pocket for most of the last week, but the box will be assembled this week and will ship first thing next, arriving in plenty of time for Easter. (Hint: There's a hint in that sentence)

Couple of bottles will come from the cellar, and I'll go locals and candy shopping this week.
  36. My box left officially left California this morning and will hit a porch on Friday.
  37. My box will be going out tomorrow. Sifting through my targets hads, wants, and gots was a daunting task, but I think he will be pleased.
    Final hint: My target lives in a state that was central in a movie starring a guy who thinks peeing your pants is cool.
  38. My package, containing no less than 12 bottles comprised half of wants, 1/4 of should be wants, and 1/4 of previously highly rated beers, will be shipping on Monday to a city with temps in the upper 40's today.
  39. My target is to my south in a state that contains all my favorite sports teams and much of my family. Box will be headed south Friday with a handul of wants and some tasty brews that aren't distributed there. Probably land Tuesday or so.... I could have destroyed his wants if this BIF was one week later. Cheers
  40. Hint #3: My target is in one of the 13 original colonies.

My box is nearly complete:

10 bottles (will be 12 after this weekend)
    196oz so far
    6 wants (hope to get to 7 or 8)
    Remainder are beers that are style wants or breweries not in my target's state and a local BBA Barleywine.
    Also threw in a glass and included some of my favorite Easter candy.

I'll probably ship Monday or Tuesday. Delivery time should be in the two-day range.