1. Extreme Beer Fest. March 20 & 21, 2015 in Boston, Mass. Join us!
  2. The wait is over! Download the BeerAdvocate app on iTunes or Google Play now.
  3. Get 12 issues / year of BeerAdvocate magazine for only $9.99!

Shelf bolt cutter in charleston

Discussion in 'US - South-Atlantic' started by mikeincharleston, Jan 22, 2013.

1. Went to Senor Tequila cause its the place I go for cheap Mexican in Mt. P. anyway I popped into bottles to get the wife some wine and I had to check out the beers, actually seeing if they had a "more consistenter" since I didn't get one at cbx. Anyway they had about 10-12 bolt cutters on the shelf. 19.99

2. WTF? Senor Tequila has Bolt Cutter? My mind is blown. Granted I always went to the one in West Ashley so maybe the Mt. P location is an under-the-radar craft spot?

3. My bad kev. There is a shop called bottles which is a "mini total wine" next door to señor tequila. Unless you were being sarcastic then touché

chefkevlar likes this.
  4. Either that or I have had too many beers and my reading comprehension is terrible.....which is apparently the case as I skipped over the part where you said you went to bottles

5. And on the shelves is where it should stay as well...

Shilt and egrace84 like this.
  6. It's not that bad. I didn't buy any but that was just the 20 price and the fact I've had one

7. Dunno about all that but now I'm really hungry for some Senor Tequila. Thanks a lot Mike.

8. I know...it's just not that good either. Too much other good stuff on the shelves for much less than $20/bottle (i.e. Cap'n Skoon's).

9. Sounds like I need to check this Senor Tequila out...still haven't found a great (consistent) Mexican restaurant since moving down here last year.

10. I'll be honest: it's not 4 star cuisine. However I went to college in Charleston and so on nights like this where I've had a few beers and want some cheap and tasty Mexican it fits the bill. Beats the hell out of Taco Bell that's for sure.

rbradley likes this.
  11. LOL...completely understand where you're coming from on that one...especially on the drinking and Mexican food cravings! Definitely not looking for a 'nice' Mexican restaurant...just one where I know what quality of food I'm getting every time I visit (whether it be amazing or just solid fajitas...consistently).

12. scifan

scifan Savant (285) North Carolina Aug 31, 2007

Saw about 20 or so bottles of Bolt Cutter on the shelf at the Piggy Wiggy in Myrtle Beach this weekend. I think they we're 19.99. Hell they still had Frangelic on the shelf too. Didn't buy either one though got some Backwoods Bastard instead.

13. raverjames

raverjames Savant (480) Virginia Dec 11, 2003

I usually hit Santis in Mt P, which is conveniently close to House of Brews. Haven't tried the Bolt Cutter yet, but rumor has it the price is excessive given the liquid inside. I will still try it and see for myself.

14. rbradley and raverjames like this.
  15. Still need to hit la nortena. We talking mt p.