1. The wait is over! Download the BeerAdvocate app on iTunes or Google Play now.
  2. Get 12 issues / year of BeerAdvocate magazine for only $9.99!

"Shelton Brothers lawsuit costs New York breweries millions" -- Brew York, New York

Discussion in 'Beer News' started by Todd, Apr 24, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Todd

Todd Founder (1,430) Colorado Aug 23, 1996 Staff Member

Interesting. I see that now, and also notice he took out the loose suggestion of a boycott of Shelton Brothers brands (with a link to them) at the very end.

Yet he failed to correct the fact that Beer for Beasts is a joint BeerAdvocate & Sixpoint event, not solely Sixpoint's event. ;)
  2. Franch

Franch Advocate (540) New York Mar 22, 2011

a first-year law student could have told you that preferential treatment for in-state businesses over out-of-state ones is unconstitutional - all it was waiting for was a lawsuit. that being said, fuck shelton for spiting the whole state for the SLA's label actions, and fuck the SLA for not just extending the exemptions to all breweries.
  3. zode

zode Initiate (0) Massachusetts Mar 2, 2005

Information is vital to an evolved society. Expressing our opinions help to influence that evolution. It’s unforutute that on occasion “news” gets presented in a manner where the proper due diligence may not have been done or the tone of what is presented may steer people’s opinions. No one is infallible it is nice to see that most people are taking the time to truly understand the impact and causes of this unfortunate situation.
  4. so i see it like this

shelton bros- WAAAH! why do we we have to pay tax in your state? THEY dont have to pay the taxes... WAAAH im going to sue you!

SLA- lawsuit? f that. if you two cant play nice then i will take the toys away from all of you! Naive assholes. You dont fuck the SLA... the SLA fucks you!

any amateur (or parent) could predict the outcome of that lawsuit.
    WAY TO GO Shelton bros!
    -Does any one think shelton bros was going to lower prices in NY if they won that lawsuit, or just make more money off of new yorkers?
    typical capitalist greedy fucks
    SeaWatchman likes this.
  5. Todd

Todd Founder (1,430) Colorado Aug 23, 1996 Staff Member

You reply to me by preaching the obvious, with a different font that serves no purpose, as if I have something against the blogger; which I don't, personally. I merely stated that it's "interesting," pointed out another change that was made by the blogger that you (and the blogger) didn't point out and pointed out a fact that was missed with a very specific emoticon to convey that I'm not all that serious about it.

But agreed, it's "unfortunate" all around.;)
  6. UncleJimbo

UncleJimbo Site Editor (945) Massachusetts Sep 11, 2002 Staff Member

I see they changed the URL, too, though the old one now redirects. I suppose they wanted to avoid their own lawsuit.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.