Short trip to SLC, any BAs around town Jan 17-19, not-to-miss events

Discussion in 'US - Mountain' started by oregonskibum, Jan 12, 2013.

1. oregonskibum

oregonskibum Savant (455) Oregon Mar 14, 2009

I have a short business trip to make to SLC the week after next, arriving in town on Thursday morning (17th) and leaving early early on Sunday. I'm generally busy during the day, but have the evenings open Thursday, late Friday, and most likely Saturday. I'm going skiing on Friday, which means I'll drag my boots along, which happen to securely fit a bottle of beer each. Peche n Brett just released, if that would be of interest to anyone. I know your bars are a little different than here in Portland. But is there place for a meet-up and small bottle share if I bring something along? Is there an active BA community in SLC? I know you're not entirely dry as we get Squatters, Epic, and Uinta up here.

Also, any special events or releases going on in SLC between 1/17 and 19?

Cheers.

2. mikey451

mikey451 Aficionado (225) Utah Mar 11, 2003

Sadly I'm not around this weekend, but I have some local beer suggestions. Try Switch from Wasatch, it's a witbier aged in Port Wine barrels. Only for sale at "The Beer Store". Wasatch's White IPA is good also.
    Squatters Fifth Element & 529 Oud Bruin are out as well (must try). Uinta's Sea Legs Baltic Porter, Epic's Belgo-IPA called Brainless IPA & RedRock's Secalè; a bock made with Rye & aged in Rye Whiskey barrels.
    Beer bar recommendations: The Beerhive & The Bayou. I hope that's helpful if you need more info check out http://utahbeer.blogspot.com/
    Cheers