Sierra Nevada at Beer Deluxe!

Discussion in 'Australia & New Zealand' started by goodbeerallday, May 14, 2012.

1. so last night at beer deluxe in fed square Melbourne we were all lucky enough to have Steve Grossman as a special guest! and for the first time had Sierra Nevada on tap, including the all new Hoptimum! was wondering if anyone has had anything like this come out of good beer week and whether anyone tried any of the S.N beers on tap. personally the stand out for me was the Summerfest Lager. also we had the pleasure of trying Green Flash Pallet Wrecker on tap.

2. Everything poured great and was spot on. Grossman was also really nice and very down to Earth. Great event.

3. I had a sandwich with Steve at the CBC at a random table, top fella! Drank a crap load in Cali this last 2 weeks ... nice change from the higher alcohol San Deigo beers ...

4. Lukie

Lukie Savant (425) Australia Jun 16, 2007

Would have loved for him to come over to Perth, but I don't think that is happening. The keg thing might be a trial run, as with most US kegs, they need to work in logistics on how to get them back to the US, as the kegs they use aren't a part of the international keg deposit thingy majiggy whateverthehellitscalled.

And Pallet Wrecker! WOO!

5. danieelol

danieelol Advocate (510) Australia Jun 15, 2010

is palette wrecker any good?

6. pallet wrecker i thought was going to be a lot bigger than it turned out to be. was extremely well balanced though and the abv was hidden nicely. the hoptimum was the big bang for me, one of the biggest ipas ive had.

7. Spent and inordinate amount of time in the Green Flash brewery this last few weeks, across the board of any of the SoCal brewers doing the big beers I thought their were the best. They had a nice spread across flavors. Their West Coast IPA i reckon is the bench mark (and beleive me, I tried a heck of a lot of them), so friggin drinkable at that alcohol and hopping level.

8. Enjoying a long neck of Palate Wrecker now. It's nice though I imagine the tapped product would be better. Alcohol is well hidden. Not sure whether to go to Beer Deluxe on Friday to have some the US beers or to go to the Royston sometime on the weekend for the NZ beers. Probably be more laid back at the Royston.

9. moylans at cookie on saturday

10. The Head Brewer from Moylan's was in at BD last night. Lovely lady to share a few with.

11. No Hopwired left at the Royston.

12. gulden

gulden Aficionado (180) Australia Mar 20, 2011

It was on last night when I went. Still had all kiwis plus moo brew's GABS beer and their usual (excellent!) holgate esb!

13. Must have pulled out another keg. I had the ESB when I was there, great. Hopwired at Beer Deluxe today was nice with a burger.