1. The wait is over! Download the BeerAdvocate app on iTunes or Google Play now.
  2. Get 12 issues / year of BeerAdvocate magazine for only $9.99!

Sierra Nevada Barrel Aged Bigfoot

Discussion in 'Beer Releases' started by dsal89, Nov 1, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. kind of. I literally just picked up another bottle of Bigfoot and found cherry rye & bourbon county coffee!
    look harder my friend.
    VonZipper likes this.
  2. im not to worried for myself.. i already have 3 bottles of BF, 4 of CR and 4 of coffee.. i was just saying probally in general
  3. luwak

luwak Savant (305) Arizona Mar 2, 2010

We get SN at weird times in AZ. As I recall Life and Limb 2 was here about two months after CA release. Of course was that distributed through DogFish's network...? I don't know
    I'll bet it is at AZ Strongbeer Fest though (kegs obviously)
  4. LA is dry from what I can determine calling/shopping that past week. A couple places Orange County still have 1 or 2 bottles left as of yesterday.
  5. Slowly making its way to the NE. Cannot wait! Have heard good things. Stores are getting sick of me calling.
  6. loafinaround

loafinaround Savant (370) New York Jul 16, 2011

yep. Bought a bottle today! I'm jealous of the cherry rye friend. I want more.......
    frankthetank86 likes this.
  7. Wally's in Westwood. Thats where i got mine. Limit one. It should be hitting the Valley Stores this week.
  8. LSMroz

LSMroz Savant (255) Illinois Jan 25, 2013

Any word on Chicago? Every store I've asked says next week. But that's what they said last week.
  9. Bay01

Bay01 Savant (435) Illinois Nov 19, 2008

It'll be popping up this week, but allocations will be spotty.
    LSMroz likes this.
  10. Papago just put on their Facebook page that they have some in stock! Woohoo!
  11. plutoniumpete

plutoniumpete Aficionado (215) Ohio Oct 21, 2008

got one in MA yesterday, wish I was able to get more.

Must not drink, must score others...
  12. Rosty

Rosty Aficionado (190) New York Nov 29, 2006

Where was that?
  13. MLucky

MLucky Savant (355) California Jul 31, 2010

If you need space to store barrels, I've got some extra room in my garage.
  14. Thecherryman

Thecherryman Initiate (0) Arizona Dec 8, 2010

I picked up a handful today. Shluld be good
  15. fritts211

fritts211 Savant (285) Tennessee Feb 19, 2011

Hit Louisville, KY. Found it at the beer store during the black note release party. Seems like they had a few more around when I left.
  16. Cavecreekchili

Cavecreekchili Aspirant (45) Jan 23, 2013

It's in stores in VA! Or so my boss tells me...
  17. compton

compton Aficionado (165) Georgia May 20, 2009

29 cases came to Atlanta or maybe GA, and I'm pretty sure they've all come and gone
  18. jkeffer13

jkeffer13 Aficionado (190) Virginia Dec 12, 2012

Haven't seen it yet, or heard of it hitting shelves/behind counters anywhere. Hope you're right though.
  19. BeastLU

BeastLU Advocate (520) Virginia Dec 20, 2012

Its true, got a bottle today.
    jkeffer13 likes this.
  20. Where did you end up getting yours at? Bevmo in Chandler had a case around 2:30p...
  21. Sam_Frank

Sam_Frank Initiate (0) California Nov 29, 2012

christ
  22. MarkJBurch

MarkJBurch Savant (485) New York Jun 24, 2012

Check out what I picked up on the way home from work...

[​IMG]

Only sold in a package. Mine came with two regulars and a bucket for $26.99. Had a few other variations of this with different pricing. Apparently the shop only got six bottles in and did this to stop someone greedy from buying them all... And to move some product, I'm sure. Regardless, I like it :)
  23. hopswap1

hopswap1 Savant (365) Illinois Apr 27, 2012

Out in a few stores in Chicago already.
  24. buckeyeboy

buckeyeboy Zealot (95) Idaho Jan 30, 2007

Hope we get some in Idaho
  25. That's a deal. $20 for the beer and $7 for the can/tin/whatever. Wish my shop did that with certain products they wanna move
  26. Have a bottle on hold for me to pickup tommorow in Rochester !!!!
  27. I like the bucket. I like it... a lot.
  28. Crookdrain

Crookdrain Savant (395) New York Jan 13, 2010

Semi-out in NYC. Foodtown of Harlem had a case and sold out last night (I didn't get one). Everywhere else expecting this week
  29. If there's anyone in the Seattle area, Issaquah PCC still has a few bottles.
  30. Jaap

Jaap Aficionado (120) Washington Sep 21, 2012

Already here.
    SatlyMalty likes this.
  31. Which distrib in NJ said it wasn't coming?
  32. JohnB87

JohnB87 Savant (325) Michigan Mar 14, 2011

Got some in a trade from an extremely generous trader (opened one of four). Just opened one tonight with two friends in Ann Arbor and it tastes almost exactly as I imagined: slightly hoppy, lots of barrel, and tons of awesome. It is quite different from any other BA barleywine I've ever had, but then again regular Bigfoot is different from any barleywine I've ever had.
  33. Waldomega

Waldomega Aficionado (105) Nevada Jan 15, 2013

if anyones in vegas, total wine henderson and khourys in henderson both have it in stock
  34. I asked my Kohler guy (north nj) and he looked at me like i had 3 heads. I used to deal with peerless as well, i emailed him and he said he is not expecting it but will let me know. Peerless seems to get most of the special releases so im hoping. Kohler didnt even get narwhal i was told
  35. danipp

danipp Aficionado (195) New Jersey Jun 16, 2012

I talked to Peerless. They are the ones that told me that NJ would not be getting any.
  36. TheBigEast

TheBigEast Savant (260) New York Oct 21, 2004

I have that same picture at my house tonight :) A nice little bucket and some Nugget Nectar! The Malt & Market in Rochester put the buckets together and put them on sale today. Cheers!
    MarkJBurch likes this.
  37. Crookdrain

Crookdrain Savant (395) New York Jan 13, 2010

Snagged 2 last night at Bierkraft in Park Slope, Brooklyn for $23 each (hefty price but it beats going around the city on my lunch break looking for this, which I've been doing the past few days).

Looks like they had about 6 left as of 10pm last night.
  38. steebo777

steebo777 Advocate (535) Michigan Jun 30, 2009

Any in Michigan yet?
  39. alex021224

alex021224 Savant (305) Michigan Nov 3, 2012

Actually, I am picking my bottle up today (Canton Michigan).
    JohnB87 likes this.
  40. i guess this is actually decent trade bait for the midwest and east coast?
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.