1. Don't miss our 7th annual American Craft Beer Fest featuring 640+ beers from 140+ brewers this May 30 & 31 in Boston, MA! Buy your tickets now!
  2. BeerAdvocate on your phone?! True story. Try the beta now.

Sierra Nevada Barrel Aged Bigfoot

Discussion in 'Beer Releases' started by dsal89, Nov 1, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. StevenSpringer

StevenSpringer Member

Yeah I've been trading mine for Bourbon county variants. No more at the brewery sorry guys!
  2. Johnnyramirez

Johnnyramirez Member

Is this serious? I tried trading one of mine plus extras for Cherry or Vanilla and got crickets. Got offers for coffee but Im good on coffee. What variants have you traded for?
  3. stooge

stooge Member

Grabbed two bottles from Discount Drinks yesterday @ $14.99 each (limit 2). Call ahead to see if there's any left.
  4. Hanzo

Hanzo Member

This is an excellent question and will determine if I pick up more bottles of BA Bigfoot.
  5. Johnnyramirez

Johnnyramirez Member

I picked up 5. Traded 1 plus Supplication for HF stuff, sending 2 to a trade partner just because he got shut out, and have 2 for myself (1 to drink and 1 to cellar/trade). It seems like it's not trading for much because its distro is so scattered. Don't wanna trade it for whales, but would like to land some variants if I can.
  6. Hanzo

Hanzo Member

Yeah, I have slowed my trading down but I will pick back up if I can land some BC variants. His trades were probably just anomalies.
  7. Johnnyramirez

Johnnyramirez Member

It seems like it. If I can somehow land Vanilla with BA Bigfoot as the main part of the trade though...
  8. DeviousSpirits

DeviousSpirits Member

Where in Canton?
  9. ajfa531

ajfa531 Member

Depending on how my luck turns out, I may be willing to give up a BourbCo Cherry for some BA Bigfoot. I've only done in-person trades to this point (Philly, NJ, CT and NYC). However, I really want a few of this.

- Joe
  10. LSMroz

LSMroz Member

Looks like I might have missed out on this in the NW burbs of Chicago. Called everyone for the last 2 weeks and the 1 store that did get it last week, told me they didn't have it yet. Even though today they said they sold out of it in 1 day.
  11. DeviousSpirits

DeviousSpirits Member

Champanes had ten bottles last Friday, come and gone. All of the shops I've got good contacts with aren't getting any. This sucks - I'm chasing this like it's a sealed copy of Mark Hollis' solo LP, and having about as much luck.
  12. RDMII

RDMII Member

The entire allotment to GA sold out in less than six hours. Pretty serious desire for it. I landed one bottle, and am planning on drinking it this weekend.
  13. jmkoller11

jmkoller11 Member

Just picked up two bottles from the Camelback Total Wine in PHX. Found it on the shelves with no allocation limit. They were just shipped in today but not sure how much they got.
    EyePeeAyBryan likes this.
  14. StevenSpringer

StevenSpringer Member

I got a cherry and bramble. I am also getting a slury darkness. Try spicing it up with other locals.
  15. marcron03

marcron03 Member

its actually 12%
  16. Diotima

Diotima Member

any word on WI?
  17. Danielbt

Danielbt Member

Mine says 11.8%. Were there two batches?
  18. BeastLU

BeastLU Member

12.2 here.
  19. Beerandraiderfan

Beerandraiderfan Member

First I heard of it, but maybe they just fibbed to get it under a state abv cap. There's usually a little bit of "wiggle" room on the amount of abv that can be 'off' from its lab tested number, maybe its the same batch but the +/- % of error allows them to bypass the 12% cap by writing 11.8 on it, despite it being the same beer?

Or it could be exactly as you queried.
  20. EyePeeAyBryan

EyePeeAyBryan Member

Strange...all mine say 12.2%.
  21. JitsuBrew

JitsuBrew Member

seen this in 5 places in WA, already gone
  22. LSMroz

LSMroz Member

West Burbs of Chicago the Aurora Woodman's Food Market is getting a case tomorrow. Call them and get your name on the list. I was #2 and told a couple of my friends. Hopefully there are still more available.
  23. ceazaleo

ceazaleo Member

Picked up two today in DC. Woot woot! I also know it hit Northern VA.
  24. Cenosillicaphobe

Cenosillicaphobe Member

Two cases to Maine and the distributor gifting them 1 to an account means a boycott from a serious, long-time Sierra Nevada fan...but if anybody wants to hook a brother up...I can get stuff from Maine and Three Floyds...just picked up some Maine Beer Company Lil One...might get some Allagash Coolship Resurgam real soon...just really want a bottle...and infuriated by the allocation insult.
  25. BeastLU

BeastLU Member

Like one bottle per account? So there not even selling it? That sucks...
  26. hctap00

hctap00 Member

Picking up mine on Saturday from Wine Source in Baltimore.

Any brave souls sampled it yet? How is it tasting?
    NickyDee21 likes this.
  27. BeastLU

BeastLU Member

Bunch of resent reviews posted.
  28. Cenosillicaphobe

Cenosillicaphobe Member

Correct...the distributor is gifting it to 24 accounts...nothing for sale in the state whatsoever...I'll get to taste it at one store...the best store ever...but it will be a small pour...and it's far short of the bottle I had hoped to share with my girl...seeing so many people getting multiple bottles and so many getting none...alongside Maine's situation...shows me that Sierra Nevada might be out of touch with its customer base...which sucks...because they are the one company I would count on to get it right...because they make awesome beer...and they have awesome prices...and they probably don't even give a damn that us Maine fans are being slighted...because they're so successful...and their larger markets are happy.
  29. BeastLU

BeastLU Member

I got super lucky to get one bottle here. Just happened to be there when the case showed up.
  30. Fluteswell

Fluteswell Member

Picked a couple up tonight. Drinking one now and it is very good, better than I expected.
  31. menso1981

menso1981 Member

I called around and went to my lucky bottle shop, nothing in San Diego
  32. No1Smitty

No1Smitty Member

ISO Sn Bucket ! :D

Nice !!
  33. bifrost17

bifrost17 Member

only 34 cases for the entire state
  34. MattNelson

MattNelson Member

Where?
  35. frankthetank86

frankthetank86 Member

you'll pay 23$ each on a BA bigfoot but refuse to spend 8 bucks on a KBS on draft? shame on you! lol
  36. Johnnyramirez

Johnnyramirez Member

I don't think it's that they're out of touch, it's just the fact that they're limited by the barrels. They can't control the distributor and no matter how you cut it, people would be mad. The distributed could've given 2 cases to 1 shop, 1 case to 2, etc but the distributor did what they saw as fair. Not SN's fault. In California it was a tough grab even.

Should SN stuck all 15000 bottles in California so that their local customers could stick up all they want? Then other states would still be pissed. They distributed as much as they could and unfortunately some states got very little. I can tell you that large markets werent happy. In SF there wasnt a ton. I got my bottles by sheer luck but some people got none at all and this is less than 2 hours from the brewery. They just simply couldn't make enough to satisfy everyone.
    BrettHead likes this.
  37. JitsuBrew

JitsuBrew Member

I take it you got yours? Any ideas of where to look?
  38. imperialbeerdude

imperialbeerdude Member

is this worth the money? better than something like Sucaba or too different?
  39. Crookdrain

Crookdrain Member

I have plenty of KBS bottles at home, no need to waste more money at the bar. Besides, $23 is only about $3 more than average NYC pricing (I've actually seen BA Bigfoot for $25 in the city) so I don't feel so bad.
  40. Cenosillicaphobe

Cenosillicaphobe Member

Agreed on most points...but I'll say this...at least those markets received sufficient enough allocations that a psychotically vigilant beer geek such as myself could at least get a bottle...the Maine distributor was put into a no win situation here. Obviously not everyone is going to be happy, but there are serious discrepancies here...all I'm suggesting is that things could have been slightly more equitable.

That being said...the sour grapes made me a bit melodramatic...and I'll still be enjoying some Bigfoot this afternoon.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.