1. Rating beers by attributes (look, smell, taste, feel, overall) is back! Read the latest update ...
  2. The wait is over! Download the BeerAdvocate app on iTunes or Google Play now.
  3. Get 12 issues / year of BeerAdvocate magazine for only $9.99!

Sierra Nevada Barrel Aged Bigfoot

Discussion in 'Beer Releases' started by dsal89, Nov 1, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Extreme Beer Fest had a 1/2 keg of 1996 at it...It was quite sublime. If I could get my f-ing old Iphone to power up, I would show you all the pic of the keg (I worked that fest so I took tons doing inventory)

2. YogiBeer

YogiBeer Savant (485) Illinois May 10, 2012

Give him my BA name plz.

3. Back in the good ole CB radio days my handle was BIGFOOT !!
    Years before the actual nectar of the Gods appeared

4. ya wheres the narwhal at man? im in long beach and cant find squat.:eek:

5. Had a bunch up here in the bay but at my local BevMo we just ran out. Surprised you didn't get in Long Beach. If I can find another 4 pack I'm heading down to LA in February if you want to do an IP trade

6. lol appreciate it. im in LBNY man hah.east coaster

7. Oh sorry man. I thought the LB in LA

8. cosmicevan

cosmicevan Champion (810) New York Dec 13, 2009

i got some in a trade as extras. not sure if it is ever coming, some lawsuit over the name or something.

9. Its all over WNY now SN settled the lawsuit been for sale hear since early December.

10. If any Chico locals have heard anything about the release please let me know! :D

11. Please let ALL of us know !!!

12. I was just at the brewery and there were no bottles nor was it on tap. Tomorrow I am taking the tour and will ask about the status.

cosmicevan and WassailWilly like this.
  13. I was at the brewery today they are pushing ruthless rye, release party Jan 6th. I'm guessing this will come out in February.

14. Went on a tour last week. Apparently, it is still on for late Jan.

FYI: during the tour, while you are in the mashing room, there is a bottle in the room (as of 12/29/12) with tinted glass that you can see. Not much but me and my lady excited.

15. According to my beer guy he's getting some on Friday. Don't know how legit it is, but he said its being distributed in California at least in the next week.

16. Maybe so on the 1996 being draft only. I can confirm a keg was at Brouwers Hardliver in 2010.

17. Corked and caged
    Better be anyways

18. SteelersX

SteelersX Savant (420) New York Jan 30, 2011

I was there too. That was 1 of only 2 kegs of the stuff left at SN. And it was sttill hoppy.

19. Are you talking about the fest 2 years ago? I thought that was a 94 bigfoot. I don't remember one last year.

20. SteelersX

SteelersX Savant (420) New York Jan 30, 2011

2011 but and it was 1996 vintage - I just checked my beer list from the event.

21. There was no vintage Bigfoot last year. Two years ago they brought a keg of 96 Bigfoot, and the year before SN sent their last keg from 1994.

22. Puddleduck

Puddleduck Disciple (60) Nov 21, 2012

Hello I heard from a local store that it will hit the shelfs soon and be very limited. Just curious about the different barrels does that mean there will be different releases depending on which type of barrel it was aged in ?

23. If I recall correctly, I heard it's all gonna be mixed into 1 final blend. So there should only be 1 release, but that could've changed

24. Catchy_Name

Catchy_Name Savant (385) California Dec 21, 2011

A buddy of mine opened a 1990 last weekend at an event of mine. We drank that side by side with a 2000 old numbskull I had been saving. They were both still phenomenal.

25. surlytheduff

surlytheduff Savant (380) Michigan Jul 22, 2010

No, it was released just without a dated crown (see previous page of this thread for pictures).

26. BA Bigfoot released at the brewery today. $15.99 750s, six bottle limit

josephwa likes this.
  27. You buy your six?

28. Sonofalime

Sonofalime Savant (370) Virginia Oct 11, 2010

What's the bottle count? Just wondering?

29. However many 750s you can make with 100bbl.

Just 4. I figure that will do me good for a while.

30. Sam_Frank

Sam_Frank Initiate (0) California Nov 29, 2012

at the risk of sounding like a bragging douchebag, we got to try this at Beer Camp. it's fucking epic

[​IMG]

31. 3rdto1st

3rdto1st Savant (260) California Dec 1, 2011

So this is or is not making it to shelves?

32. It is not, therefore no one should seek it out. Lol :)

DonDirkA likes this.
  33. Less than 100 bbls bottled as some went to draft. Not sure about exact bottle count though

34. FosterJM

FosterJM Champion (825) California Nov 16, 2009

Time to call in a favor! Shit yeah!!!

Cheers!

afrokaze likes this.
  35. It is definitely going into distribution.

36. Bigfoot is best fresh and without touching Bourbon trash...IMHO.

37. Oh man it is TIME !!!

38. ahhhh!!! amazing! i need that in my life brochacho. do you know if this is hitting NY? and when?

forrestbetts likes this.
  39. Puddleduck

Puddleduck Disciple (60) Nov 21, 2012

OK When will this hit NH and where !

40. JohnB87

JohnB87 Savant (325) Michigan Mar 14, 2011

Epic want!

forrestbetts likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.