1. The wait is over! Download the BeerAdvocate app on iTunes or Google Play now.
  2. Get 12 issues / year of BeerAdvocate magazine for only $9.99!

Sierra Nevada Barrel Aged Bigfoot

Discussion in 'Beer Releases' started by dsal89, Nov 1, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Bay01

Bay01 Savant (445) Illinois Nov 19, 2008

For me, there isn't a more persuasive endorsement of this beers greatness than this

2. Don't get me wrong...it was delicious! I bought my allotment. I like a bourbon barrel bomb as much as the next guy. But it's got potential to be better with further aging IMHO. Subjective, I understand but my favorite aspect of barrel aged beers these days is when the barrel truely compliments the beer opposed to, for the most part dominating it.

Love at First Bike was also a standout for me... fantastic beer..

Cheers!

Beerandraiderfan likes this.
  3. I like the cut of your gib.

I'm in agreement all around with ya. The barrel was prominent, it was delicious, I bought my allotment, I like some bourbon barrel bombs and its got the potential to get even better.

And love at first bike was impressive. Dislike red ales. Liked that one.

4. Cenosillicaphobe

Cenosillicaphobe Savant (360) Maine Jul 24, 2011

I should be able to get at least 2...and I can't wait.

5. There you are. . . what happened, did Keystone retire Queef Stone, or what? I never see them advertise, much less w/ you anymore.

In all seriousness, you're gonna enjoy your two beers. . . barrel aged Bigfoot is working nicely for me over a cold Saturday late afternoon in January watching the first day of hockey, Louisville/Cuse, Marquette/Cincy, Bisping/Belfort etc. . .

6. Did any of this make its way to Illinois? I assume if so it's long gone and I'm going to see it on the newer pictures of the 'latest haul' thread.

7. chanokokoro

chanokokoro Advocate (590) Illinois Jan 31, 2012

I haven't seen it yet and haven't heard from anybody who has. If it ends up being distributed here, it's still on its way.

8. The beer guy at Holiday in Royal Oak said to expect this so e time in February. I wasn't aware beer was still distributed Oregon Trail-style.

SatlyMalty, maximum12 and JohnB87 like this.
  9. I have multiple feelers out for this beer whenever it hits WNY...
    Hope my wallet can handle it !

10. Get some for me too, thanks :)

11. Would that very important friend of yours ever be willing to trade a 1988 bottle of Bigfoot? A friend of mine and I would die to trade something(s) valuable for a 1988 because that is our birth year.

12. Just found BA Bigfoot at Whole Foods in Los Altos... $14.99ea... I didn't buy them all. They also have a ton of Lagunitas Sucks...

13. RDMII

RDMII Savant (340) Georgia Apr 11, 2010

Doubt it. He rarely trades anything. He has a 2005 Weyerbacher Prophecy I've been begging to get and he won't come off it.

14. mikehblack

mikehblack Savant (250) California Feb 10, 2010

Any sightings in East Bay, CA?

15. karink

karink Aficionado (155) California Nov 28, 2009

los altos, Long Beach?

16. Any sightings in SoCal yet? I've called my local bottles shops and none have any in stock or can confirm when they are receiving them.

17. does anyone know if this is coming to NY? or anywhere on the east coast??

18. I called a couple stores and asked if they were getting it soon. They made it sound like they would get it in a couple weeks, but kinda acted weird like I wasn't gunna get any haha. They probably have friends they will call that will get first dibs maybe that's why they were acting funny. Long story short, I'm pretty sure at least "some" will be making its way to NY.

19. that is a little reassuring. I guess... haha good luck!

20. RDMII

RDMII Savant (340) Georgia Apr 11, 2010

A few places in GA got it this week. And by few I mean two, and a case each to them.

21. compton

compton Aficionado (180) Georgia May 20, 2009

where have you seen it in Atlanta? I was told shops were getting it next week.

22. No1Smitty

No1Smitty Savant (395) California Nov 7, 2011

Great for you guys getting it across the states. I am within a 150 miles of the brewery and nobody has even heard of it ! Guess its time to Make a road trip I suppose. :)

23. sirtomtom

sirtomtom Savant (250) California Dec 10, 2010

I think you might be mistaking the Barrel Aged Bigfoot and the regular Bigfoot

Rollzroyce21 likes this.
  24. Saw some Barrel Aged at BevMo in Santa Monica.

25. How's your BevMo get it before I see it in NorCal BevMo's? *shrugs* I got my 3 bottles

26. For anyone in the Bay Area/Central Valley that's willing to take a slight drive. Pete's Liquors in Tracy has some. I picked up 2 because I'm always there but he said its limit 1. Had 2 cases I think. Down to about a case

27. jampics2

jampics2 Advocate (730) Ohio Dec 19, 2008

It was approved for sale in Ohio on 1/2/13!

28. I picked up 1 bottle at Bevmo in Mountain View. I think it has to to with the crappy distributors in the central valley... :l

29. Wasnt even at BevMo in Livermore yesterday. My area BevMo's are garbage compared to others though

30. How is the new Bevmo in Tracy? Worth checking out?

31. gdodd12

gdodd12 Aficionado (205) Georgia Oct 1, 2009

Ale yeah decatur was one.

32. Nah. I mean they carry Dust Bowl which is good since its the closest spot for me to grab it. But other than that, I prefer Livermore BevMo to it or Pete's Liquors in Tracy to it.

badb_rad likes this.
  33. RyanMcFly1985

RyanMcFly1985 Savant (305) Ohio Oct 20, 2007

Fantastic news!

beercanman likes this.
  34. Thanks for the tip. Brea Total Wine is supposedly getting it next Friday, Norco Bevmo has none, Riverside Bevmo has none, Hi-Time Wine in Costa Mesa has none, Vendome Liquor in Fullerton has none. Liquorette in Walnut is expecting to see it in 2 weeks and El Cerritos Liquor in Corona is expecting it next Friday as well.

35. Whole Foods Oakland had 1 case this morning, was a nice deal with their 20% off all beers Friday sale. They may still have a bottle or two, but you have to ask.

36. So too does the WF in SF on Franklin. Grabbed one @ $11.99 w discount!

37. Given this information, I suspect we'll see it around San Diego in mid February.

38. azureoval

azureoval Savant (425) California Jan 25, 2010

Whole Foods Roseville got some in today also. Check the dry shelf over by the wine.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.