1. The wait is over! Download the BeerAdvocate app on iTunes or Google Play now.
  2. Get 12 issues / year of BeerAdvocate magazine for only $9.99!

Sierra Nevada Blood Shot (beer camp 95)

Discussion in 'Beer Releases' started by Sam_Frank, Feb 4, 2013.

1. Sam_Frank

Sam_Frank Initiate (0) California Nov 29, 2012

[​IMG]

can't wait to try it

Jaap likes this.
  2. Sounds great!

3. tfs8271

tfs8271 Aficionado (225) California Mar 14, 2007

It's really good.

4. These may be dumb questions;

Is this the same beer from the recent beer camp mixed 12s? And is it going to be a limited release or part of the 'high altitude series' or...?

5. I'll sign that bill.

6. slim2043

slim2043 Savant (395) Connecticut Jul 23, 2012

Looking forward to this! ETA?

7. Ri0

Ri0 Champion (935) Wisconsin Jul 1, 2012

Is the "Beer Camp" series only in CA or limited distribution? Or can I expect to find this in WI? I love me a good Imp Red, and this sounds out of this world.

8. Sam_E

Sam_E Aficionado (175) Ohio Oct 11, 2012

Wisconsin had some beer camp 12 packs over thanksgiving. the one i had included oatmeal stout, floral ipa, imperial red, and a pilsner.

9. I've been able to get it here in NC over the years. Of course I guess it does just depend on where you live and where they distribute.

10. Ri0

Well there is hope because SN is distribute very well in WI.

11. Ri0

Damn, how'd I miss that!?

12. Sam_E

Sam_E Aficionado (175) Ohio Oct 11, 2012

I only saw it at 1 lilquor store in brookfield/milwaukee/waukesha so i dont know how wide spread it was.

13. I should have also mentioned that Sierra Nevada, as you all probably know, are opening an east coast brewery in Asheville, NC. So once that's fully operational I imagine everyone will be seeing an uptick of beers that you usually don't see from them.

14. JohntheKiwi

JohntheKiwi Aspirant (30) Oregon Jan 12, 2013

Have you tried it? I have, and you're right

15. JohntheKiwi

It's completely different. This was brewed in December 2012. For now, it's a one off.

beerFool28607 likes this.
  16. JohntheKiwi

This will be available at select bars in OR, WA, NC, MN, CA, AZ, MA, ME and DC. But pretty much only one or 2 bar per state.

17. Ah, the classic tropical fruit and licorice combo.

mschofield, kmatlack and Kopfschuss like this.
  18. Sam_Frank

if any Los Angeles area people are interested they are going to have it on tap at Mohawk Bend March 2nd. i will be there. look for the guy with blood shot eyes

19. Sam_Frank

kiwi john, in the house

20. Saw and purchased it at Sun Prairie Woodman's a week before Halloween. Wasn't all that impressed with most of the beers.

21. Going to be at EBF in less than 5 days I will be drinking it.

22. I thought that was a solid pack. Fuh-sho

23. Jaap

Jaap Aficionado (120) Washington Sep 21, 2012

Nice work Aubrey! Can't wait to try this on tap in Bellingham!

24. This is a new one... I'm VERY Excited because one of our customers brewed it. I'm not sure when/where the release date is, but here in W. MASS we're all meeting at
    Smiths Billiards . in April. If you haven't been to Smiths, check em' out... awesome bar! (I have no affiliation with them)

As for the beer, from what I've been told is a Red IPA they went with 95 IBU's because they were the 95th beer camp.

25. That's cool, but ill take baking and nugget nectar tonight. Western PA has been SHUNNED AGAIN, what gives Sierra?

TheBeerShop likes this.
  26. Had some tonight... Even sampled some out... It lived up to the hype,(but its Troegs, so I knew it would) I may take some home with me :D

27. Envelopes

Envelopes Initiate (0) Ohio Aug 26, 2012

For a second I thought it was some super weird collaboration with Mishka
    [​IMG]

afrokaze likes this.
  28. I had this yesterday on tap at Churchkey in DC. They need to bottle this stuff and get it to my nearest distributor yesterday. It is #&!*ing amazing. Amazing. Smooth, the booze is hidden beautifully, and it seems like an instant classic. I also had the other one, the Eye PA, and liked it, but Blood Shot made me not want to leave the bar (although, if you've been there, you'll know that you never really want to leave).

29. GFG

GFG Savant (295) North Dakota Oct 24, 2012

TheBeerShop likes this.
  30. ChanChan

ChanChan Advocate (555) California Dec 12, 2009

Nice!! This one is gonna bring out the color of my eyes!!

31. GFG

Nobody on here has had this yet? I'll be trying it in about 2 hours when they tap the keg here.

32. VDODSON

VDODSON Savant (310) North Dakota Feb 5, 2013

I might see you there, looking forward to trying this one.

33. Mikecap

Mikecap Advocate (680) Rhode Island May 18, 2012

95 ibus? sounds great to me. Will be on search for this one in the Boston area

34. GFG

This beer is fantastic! Definitely the best Imperial Red Ale I've ever had. Granted I haven't many, just Bell's Here's to 11 Ale and Grand Teton Pursuit of Hoppiness, but in my opinion this beer blew those out of the water. I'll try do a full review of it and add some pictures later. If you have the chance to try it any time soon please do. Otherwise it will be rolled out in bottles nationally in late August.

35. tfs8271

tfs8271 Aficionado (225) California Mar 14, 2007

There's a rumour that it will be at Extreme Beer Fest along with the California consumer camp's beer Sleight Of Hand (Belgian-style Black IPA).

36. Sam_Frank

for those in the LA area this will be on tap at Mohawk Bend this Saturday starting at 7pm