1. American Craft Beer Fest returns to Boston on May 29 & 30, featuring 640+ beers from 140+ brewers. Tickets are on sale now.

Sierra Nevada Hoptimum is here

Discussion in 'Beer Releases' started by ParchedNeedBeer, Apr 17, 2013.

1. ThirstyFace

ThirstyFace Initiate (0) New York Jan 11, 2013

To each his own, but I don't find that to be the case at all

2. RangnaR

RangnaR Savant (425) California Dec 17, 2012

Anyone seen this in the Sacramento area yet?

3. Sneers

Sneers Savant (395) Pennsylvania Dec 27, 2009

Can't wait to get this fresh again. Love this beer. Also, perhaps my favorite beer label of all time.

4. I prefer Hoptimum over Palate Wrecker.
    Who's with me?

LeeMarvin, JohnQ, rodlavers and 9 others like this.
  5. MLucky

MLucky Savant (380) California Jul 31, 2010

Not even close, IMO. My wife, who has a pretty keen pallet, refers to PW as "onion water." I wouldn't go that far, but...

Hoptimum's a world class DIPA. Just had my first one of the season last night, couldn't believe how good it was.

6. How would we compare Hoptimum to say... Stone Ruination? If it's anything close I want to pick one up. (Craft Newbie here...)

7. I've had a lot of IPA’s, and this is still #1 for me. It was killer good last year, so I’m excited to try it again this year.

8. Rainier

Rainier Savant (280) California Dec 20, 2012

This beer is so great! Love at first sip :)

9. Rainier

Ruination tastes like shit compared to Hoptimum. I didn't like Ruination. So.... Take my comment with a grain of salt.

dianimal likes this.
  10. baconman91

baconman91 Savant (495) Ohio Dec 13, 2009

LOVE that stuff!

11. Cubatobaco

Cubatobaco Advocate (650) Virginia Jan 27, 2013

This will be the first Hoptimum experience and I can't wait!

12. Dittoed. Took long enough but I finally have the mouth for IPAs. Ready for this and some Double Trouble.

Cubatobaco likes this.
  13. Saved one from last year to compare. Can't wait!

14. CreightonSM

CreightonSM Savant (345) New York Dec 23, 2010

I had one last night, needless to say I'm stoked that it's back!

Charlie_Hoss likes this.
  15. I had this for the first time tonight and it is hands down one of my top favorite iipas...this is seriously one of the best hop destructive beer I have had in a long time. So much going on!

19etz55 likes this.
  16. I've never had it, but I guess it'll be an experience.

Only IIPA I've had so far is Rampant (it took me a while to not cower at the very thought of IIPAs). That was actually very much on the sweet side, not at all what I was expecting. Am I just getting used to high IBUs, or what?

17. Its definitely sweet than Rampant, hoppier too. I hope this years is hoppier and less sweet.

boltfan likes this.
  18. Dan_Bowman

Dan_Bowman Savant (270) Ohio Apr 11, 2010

Buy Hoptimum. IMO, it blows Ruination out of the water. Just picked up two more four packs @ $4 a piece.

SnowFlowMfg likes this.
  19. Dan_Bowman

Looking at the bottle code, it looks like my bottles are from March 19th. Five weeks to get to our shelves. Does that seem normal?

Yes, I know SN is in California and I'm in Ohio. And I know that this is not an "Enjoy By" rush to get it on shelves or to stores. Just a curiosity question.

20. rboinski

rboinski Savant (305) California Mar 19, 2012

Still haven't seen it in North Bay. Anyone have an idea on when it makes it?

21. Zbyler

Zbyler Aficionado (210) Connecticut Jan 18, 2013

Just got ours today finally (CT). Excited to try it as I haven't had the pleasure yet.

22. Apparently Nashville got it yesterday. I usually make my beer runs on Saturdays, so I guess I'll get it then.

23. BB1313

BB1313 Champion (815) Ohio Jul 16, 2009

Sometimes it's the distributors. I forget who distributes SN in OH, but I remember last year they waited for most of the Celebration to disappear before they gave stores Ruthless Rye. So Ruthless Rye was just sitting in a warehouse. I'm not saying that this is the case, but who knows..

24. Did the brewery tour and had it at the taproom last weekend. Tasted like concentrated air from their hop freezer. Really hoping they're hurrying it out to Wisconsin for me.

BigBarley likes this.
  25. mark14580

mark14580 Initiate (0) New York Jan 15, 2011

That batch just hit rochester, ny. Good but not great. Wish it was fresher.

26. dianimal

dianimal Advocate (530) California Apr 18, 2012

Looking for Hoptimum in San Diego.

...anyone?

27. You dudez aren't alone. I don't know what it is, but I too feel dramatically more hungover and just a whole lot shittier the next morning if I get drunk off of a strong IPA vs another beer style.

28. Rainier

grabbed another four pack WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

29. Cases of it available in the south bay right now

30. Let me know if you hear anything. I'm in San Rafael and plan in hitting a few spots for Parabola, so some Hoptimun sounds hopeful as well.

31. Stugotzo

Stugotzo Savant (495) Florida Jun 13, 2012

$4 for a 4-pack??? :confused:

SenorHops, Gipsy_Danger and Joenajera like this.
  32. RangnaR

RangnaR Savant (425) California Dec 17, 2012

Don't feel bad. I live in Northern California (only a couple hours from the SN's Chico brewery), and none of my local liquor stores have yet to get any Hoptimum. Sounds like I'd get it sooner if I was living on the opposite side of the country...

33. Dan_Bowman

What was I thinking?! $10 for a 4-pack.

34. Stugotzo

I was going to rent a U-haul and drive to Ohio right now. :D

Rainier likes this.
  35. BadJustin

BadJustin Savant (290) New York Dec 18, 2010

hitting my shop tonight after work, Hope it's hit Upstate NY, if it's in CT I'd think it's here as well.

36. Rainier

This year is awesome!

SnowFlowMfg likes this.
  37. beercanman

beercanman Savant (485) Ohio Dec 17, 2012

One of my favorite seasonals. Got some in the fridge but haven't tried it yet. I'm sure it won't disappoint

38. Stugotzo

In the time it took you to write this, you could have had a few sips. Where are your priorities at, man? o_O

Charlie_Hoss likes this.
  39. beercanman

beercanman Savant (485) Ohio Dec 17, 2012

Its on deck.

Charlie_Hoss likes this.
  40. I can't wait til this year's is better then next year's...

alucard6679 and Charlie_Hoss like this.