1. American Craft Beer Fest is this weekend in Boston, Mass. Join us for 640+ beers from 140+ brewers! Tickets for Friday, May 29 are still available. Cheers!

Sierra Nevada Hoptimum is here

Discussion in 'Beer Releases' started by ParchedNeedBeer, Apr 17, 2013.

1. BadJustin

BadJustin Savant (290) New York Dec 18, 2010

just got word from my shop, Parabola and Hoptimum in stock. Thank god it's payday.

dianimal and Charlie_Hoss like this.
  2. RangnaR

RangnaR Savant (425) California Dec 17, 2012

That's nice... but what about the beer!?

Charlie_Hoss likes this.
  3. Rainier

Rainier Savant (280) California Dec 20, 2012

hahahahahaha you funny

4. RangnaR

RangnaR Savant (425) California Dec 17, 2012

Sorry, I'll be okay once Hoptimum shows up in my Sacramento area liquor stores..

5. While this isn't a whale and I'll eventually get a case, I hate you all who have it now.

6. MRAnderson

MRAnderson Aficionado (185) Indiana Apr 17, 2012

Please tell me you are joking? This beer would be bad after 6 months to a year

7. For the love of god, please don't let this become a whale. It helps that they probably brew too much of it for it to be a whale.

Also looking forward to Southern Hemisphere Harvest trickling out here soon, too.

Charlie_Hoss likes this.
  8. jd18

jd18 Aficionado (145) New York Apr 29, 2013

Wegmans in allentown pa on Tilghman St had 4 packs in the cooler. Enjoying 1 right now. I think I like it, ha!

Cubatobaco likes this.
  9. I
    It's cool. My wife was born and raised in Chico. So she doesn't have to twist my arm to go "home". :)

10. Just had it back to back with a Double Trouble. Thought the Hoptimum was alright but that the Double Trouble was much much better.

msween21 and surfcaster like this.
  11. If I can find it on the shelf in the burbs of Pennsylvania I'd imagine you could find something in California haha.

12. You'd think, wouldn't ya?! But alas!!!
    It's cool, I've got Parabola.

13. I felt the opposite. The double trouble was well balanced but too malty for me as an iipa...not saying I dont really like it, I just love the layers of hop flavors that you get with Hoptimum. Cheers!

14. Cubatobaco

Cubatobaco Advocate (660) Virginia Jan 27, 2013

Still waiting for both of these to hit the shelves in VA. At least it's on the east coast.

15. No sightings yet in my two local spots... Kinda disappointed.

16. They're here now.

17. t420o

t420o Advocate (545) California Jul 16, 2009

I didnt think that this year hid that 10% abv as well as last year. That said, still very good and at $9.99/4 pack, a great deal

18. Are you on Long Island?

19. blackcompg

blackcompg Savant (345) Illinois Feb 13, 2011

Just landed north of Chicagoland in Lake County, picked up a couple of 4 pks, chilling them now :0)

20. BadJustin

BadJustin Savant (290) New York Dec 18, 2010

nope, far from it man. Outside of Syracuse.

21. mborden

mborden Savant (430) New York Jan 28, 2009

ORLY? where's your shop with said stock in it?

22. nc41

nc41 Advocate (745) North Carolina Sep 25, 2008

Right on the money, SN makes very good beer at a great price point, but I'm on the like side when it comes to SN.

23. beerindaglass

beerindaglass Savant (345) Florida Feb 20, 2013

Landed in Pensacola yesterday, but bottled date is early March. Tasted fine, but will be looking for fresher stocks.

24. nc41

nc41 Advocate (745) North Carolina Sep 25, 2008

Wonder why it took 2 months to hit the sales floor, SN delivers everywhere.

25. beerindaglass

Wondering the same thing... This was the first shop to get it. I just bought one. Had almost zero nose. Will wait to get more if I find something newer.

26. Which shop had it, Hopjacks Filling Station?

27. beerindaglass

Yup. Ritchey's will be getting it soon.

28. Which Ritchey's do you frequent? I have a condo in Perdido Key and am still trying to find the best craft beer places.

29. jdhowe

jdhowe Savant (470) Georgia Mar 18, 2013

picked up a 4 pack yesterday at Albany, CA BevMo. They looked to have plenty in stock. Enjoying one now.

30. Was excited to see it at my local shop.
    Always a great beer. I loved it the first year in 24oz bottles. First time I didn't know what I was up against until I tried to stand up after killing a bottle!

31. jmwildwest

jmwildwest Aficionado (215) Florida Mar 10, 2013

Hoptimum in the fridge. Having some friends over and about to get Hoptivated.

32. beerindaglass

Richeys on Creighton and 9th has by far the bigger selection. Great selection actually. I most frequent the one om Gregory downtown. Smaller selection, but still solid. They'll both have Hoptimum soon. And Founders probably in about 10 days.

Perdido is tough. My parents live on Innerarity Pt. Check out Anna's fine wines next time you go by Joe Pattis. She has some great beer (last one to have Jai Alai in stock last week). Little expensive though.

33. kcp85

kcp85 Aficionado (210) Missouri Sep 7, 2012

I know it's been in the St. Louis area since last Friday. Already been through three 4 pks.

34. Icarus

Icarus Savant (260) Minnesota Oct 6, 2012

Picked a 4 pack up today for $ 9.99, will be drinking it very soon.

35. I just got a 4-pack. Fridge is packed, and I don't have a beer fridge, so I'm probably putting these in one at a time.

I have no idea what to expect from this beer other than a metric fuckton of hops. I'm feeling a very strange combination of trepidation and excitement.

36. Cubatobaco

Where at?

37. Hatzilla

Hatzilla Savant (325) California Jul 25, 2008

Anybody see this in San Francisco yet? I should go to Florida and buy some hahaha.

38. jasoncheb

jasoncheb Aficionado (205) Virginia Nov 23, 2012

Whole Foods in VB has it...lots of it.

39. If you're in RVA, check out Corks 'n' Kegs. TW or OUAV might still have some left.

40. Cubatobaco

I'm in Newport News. I'll check tomorrow after the LPGA event. I hope I can grab a few 4pks! Meanwhile, I'll enjoy this KBS! :D