1. The wait is over! Download the BeerAdvocate app on iTunes or Google Play now.
  2. Get 12 issues / year of BeerAdvocate magazine for only $9.99!

Sierra Nevada Narwhal

Discussion in 'Beer Releases' started by gatornation, Aug 30, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jivex5k

jivex5k Advocate (550) Florida Apr 13, 2011

2. cant wait.
    Pinche_Oso and Heatwave33 like this.
  3. I guess next up would be a bikini whale.
  4. "and dark roasted coffee"

Nice. Sounds asome.
  5. The way I'm reading it, that is just a descriptor, but there is not actual coffee in the recipe.

Either way- really looking forward to this. Hopefully it won't be too much of a "wale", name notwithstanding, and will be easy to acquire.
  6. Mitchill

Mitchill Aficionado (100) Kentucky Sep 17, 2010

7. Heatwave33

Heatwave33 Advocate (540) Florida Sep 13, 2011

Same here. SN is always solid.
  8. AWESOMENESS !!!
  9. Oh yeah. I fucking want that.
    wiscokid920, FosterJM and benart like this.
  10. any reputable bottle ship will either get kegs or bottles. at least here in the Triangle.
  11. Pahn

Pahn Advocate (695) New York Dec 2, 2009

ChanChan likes this.
  12. Sometimes timing is everything around here, though. That 30th Anniversary Stout did manage to stick around for a few days, so hopefully this will do better than that.
  13. and we wont bring up Ruination 10th.
  14. Or Enjoy By. I missed that one. Only select stores got it, and I couldn't make it to the one nearest to me on the day they received it, and that was that.
  15. Not only is it a whale, it has a unicorn's horn protruding from it's head. It's also an endangered species.
  16. see, i totally missed that one. Must have been either back home in OH or stuck at the house when it hit Sams.
  17. It was about as close as I want to come to jumping through hoops to get a beer. I had to search the distributor's website to locate stores, call each of them to find out when their delivery was expected, and then again to find out when it was in the system so they could sell it. After all that, I had something come up family-wise and couldn't even get some.

To bring this back to the topic at hand, all I'll have to do with Narwhal is keep in touch with the beer guy where I shop. The SN special releases aren't that crazy <crosses fingers>.
  18. See, I dont play that game. I ask Bottle Revolution, TJs Beverage, and Total Wine, and ALWAYS check Sams for the second bottle. If all else fails, I also check my Raleigh friends or just drive down to Tasty or the Bottle Shops at the Tylers in Raleigh and Carrboro. But that was only for Lake Erie Monster, Frangelic, Better Half, and Ruination 10th.

If that works, I hope I see a tweet about it being tapped somewhere close. if not, arrange a trade or just say fuck it. calling the distributor (that isnt my buddy) just doesnt work for me.
  19. aasher

aasher Champion (900) Indiana Jan 27, 2010

This sounds interesting. If only they would brew their Imperial Stout again. I think that was their best beer yet.
  20. That label is epic. Between this one and Ruthless Rye I am getting a metal vibe from SN.
  21. dsal89

dsal89 Advocate (505) Indiana Jul 6, 2008

Suuuuuuper excited for this!

I see my fridge being stocked full with FBS and SN NW in the near future.
  22. davey101

davey101 Initiate (0) Connecticut Apr 14, 2009

Awesome! Wonder how hoppy/close to the 30th it will be. 60 IBUS's...mmmmmmm

Happy to see it in 12 oz bottles too.
    EgadBananas likes this.
  23. This is the next release in the High Altitude Seasonal line which started with the Hoptimum 4 packs this year. It won't be difficult at all to find and should be available from October through the end of the year.
    albertq17, callmeishmALE and TongoRad like this.
  24. BlueRogue

BlueRogue Advocate (615) Maine May 1, 2011

I'm going to a SN tap takeover on September 19. I wonder if there's any chance of this making it there.
  25. Or more like art deco.
  26. I can't wait to do a side by side with Brooklyn BCS
  27. "12 oz bottles"

See, that's why I love SN!
    Crack1Open and ewright like this.
  28. bifrost17

bifrost17 Initiate (0) Washington Dec 16, 2011

Been waiting for this since I heard rumors in June. Fuck yes!!!!!!
  29. YogiBeer

YogiBeer Savant (485) Illinois May 10, 2012

Veryyyy excite. I absolutely love hoptimum, so I'm expecting this to be fantastical.
  30. SN has some of the best labels. Rad.
  31. Looks like more awesome label art from Aaron Horkey.
  32. larryi86

larryi86 Champion (760) Delaware Apr 4, 2010

Sounds great and the label is awesome, can't wait to try this!!!
  33. When did you have it?
  34. Its not out yet, per release article it will be available in October
  35. I realize that it hasn't been released..'s'why I was curious as to when you had tried it.
  36. BeerFool28607 keeps on telling me this beer is out already, its not here or in Boooone not til october
    FatBoyGotSwagger likes this.
  37. starkmarvelo

starkmarvelo Savant (490) Texas Jan 20, 2010

SN does have some of the best label art. Ruthless is one of, if not my favorite.
    winbassett likes this.
  38. starkmarvelo

starkmarvelo Savant (490) Texas Jan 20, 2010

Is this another Ken Taylor label?
  39. Nutwood

Nutwood Savant (395) Kentucky Jun 30, 2012

Or at least a sea shanty.
    FatBoyGotSwagger likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.