1. The wait is over! Download the BeerAdvocate app on iTunes or Google Play now.
  2. Get 12 issues / year of BeerAdvocate magazine for only $9.99!

Sierra Nevada Narwhal

Discussion in 'Beer Releases' started by gatornation, Aug 30, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. franklinn

franklinn Savant (440) Vermont May 29, 2012

Can't wait to pick up a 4 pack of this!
  2. Had it on tap last evening (hi, Fraggle!) - very smooth, rich stuff. Can't wait for the inevitable BA version to show up eventually. (SFBW, anyone?)
    afrokaze likes this.
  3. Available in Cary, NC @ The Wine Merchant...$2.39 per bottle
  4. Please advise on the label issue for this hitting NY
  5. Anyone had this and had Ken & Fritz to compare? There was a lot of talk about this possibly being very similar to Ken & Fritz but I haven't seen a comparison yet.
  6. Pahn

Pahn Advocate (695) New York Dec 2, 2009

oof, if this stout is as good a beer as i expect it to be, what a series. honestly, i could almost get by just on those beers throughout the year (current incarnation of hoptimum is amazing, bigfoot is the standard for american barleywines, and fritz and ken's is easily one of my favorite stouts ever so narwhal should be pretty good...).
    BrettHead and davey101 like this.
  7. BrettHead

BrettHead Advocate (525) Nebraska Sep 18, 2010

Taste great I think. Sierra Nevada rocks as usual! :D
  8. sierranevadabill Member

Sadly, that is true. I can't really get into it, but no Narwhal in NY this year. Hopefully we can figure out a resolution by next release.

Sorry for the disappointment.

BUMMED I AM !!! And ISO
  9. I just love the price point SN or bang for the buck . . . however you'd like to say it, GREAT BEER VALUE and I'm sure this won't disappoint!!!
  10. I picked up a four pack this evening. Have yet to crack one open. It's actually a dollar cheaper than hoptimum (marked at $8.99). if they have the same SKU i might have to see if the hoptimum right next to it will ring in at that price. Or better yet if the six packs of bigfoot, still in this bottle shops cooler, will ;)
  11. ChanChan

ChanChan Advocate (555) California Dec 12, 2009

I concur!! For me Fritz and Ken's Ale was one of the ones that got away, I waited too long to hoard a few and only got to drink two fresh bombers.
  12. Danny1217

Danny1217 Advocate (620) Florida Jul 15, 2011

Anyone have any info about this coming to South Florida?
  13. Hello first trading buddy!

Where did you hear that this won't be hitting NY this year? I hope it's not true, but at least I live on the boarder between NY and CT, hopefully they'll get it there. I've been looking forward to this release with baited breath!
  14. Got the sad news from the one and only SierraNevadaBill . Zen master of all things S.N.
    How is Pumpkin ale glass treating you lol ?
  15. poopinmybutt

poopinmybutt Savant (255) Nebraska May 25, 2005

this stuff is fantastic

i cant believe it is >10% abv.
    BrettHead and franklinn like this.
  16. Ahh New Mexico, where Bigfoot is a year round beer! I can think of two places off the top of my head that still have Bigfoot.
  17. Has anyone seen this hit NJ yet?
  18. MilkManX

MilkManX Savant (320) Arizona Jul 10, 2012

Have not seen it here in AZ yet.
  19. raynmoon

raynmoon Savant (490) California Aug 13, 2011

I'm pretty sure Narwhal is all around the country, but only in select markets; like a first edition pressing, testing the market/consumer reaction.

I probably won't see this at Bevmo for another month.
  20. hippiehawk

hippiehawk Aspirant (40) Kansas Mar 30, 2011

anyone seen this in missouri yet?
  21. franklinn

franklinn Savant (440) Vermont May 29, 2012

Here in VT too. I know of a handful of shops that still have Bigfoot. One has over a case, iirc
  22. bifrost17

bifrost17 Initiate (0) Washington Dec 16, 2011

How is this available on the east coast and I can't find it anywhere in Seattle yet?!?!?!?! I'M LOSING MY MIND!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :eek: :eek: :eek:
  23. It hit the Carolinas last week, I'm already on my 2nd 4 pack.
  24. Rick760Sd

Rick760Sd Savant (250) California Jun 5, 2012

Especially the whole west coast.
  25. jpbebeau

jpbebeau Savant (330) Washington Sep 11, 2011

Indeed.

Though, I did see that it was listed as "In Stock" at Total Wine (Bellevue location). Yesterday I stopped by. I searched high and low; one employee searched high and low; a second and third searched high and low.

Eventually it was found hiding in back, and I walked out with a 4-pack.
  26. bifrost17

bifrost17 Initiate (0) Washington Dec 16, 2011

Damn yes! Thanks for the tip man, so how is it?
  27. queens1130

queens1130 Savant (320) California Nov 21, 2008

Finally hit shelves in CA, can't wait to try this GABF winner & see what it's about, cheers!
  28. jpbebeau

jpbebeau Savant (330) Washington Sep 11, 2011

Unfortunately I haven't had it yet—feeling under the weather...
  29. Pinche_Oso

Pinche_Oso Savant (460) California Jun 25, 2012

SWEET! Just seen on Instagram my local liquor store got it in stock. Grabbing a 4 pack as soon as I'm done with work. Cheers!
    afrokaze likes this.
  30. neeko530

neeko530 Zealot (85) Indiana Oct 17, 2012

our liquor store got ours in yesterday (indianapolis, in). tried yesterday and was very pleased. very chocolately with an amazing mouthfeel. so impressed with the pp on this beer (and all s.n. products)
  31. KevSal

KevSal Advocate (585) California Oct 17, 2010

had one tonight during the game and it was great! i havnt been too keen on sierra nevadas stouts honestly but this one was fantastic. had a thick body, nice and creamy. theres some burn but so does bigfoot. gonna stash one away along with bigfoot!

go giants!!
  32. Pinche_Oso

Pinche_Oso Savant (460) California Jun 25, 2012

At $9.99 for a 4 pack I'm thinking about buying a case. :)

[​IMG]
  33. Anyone see this in Michigan yet? Have not seen it show up in any of my local stores yet.
  34. BigB415

BigB415 Savant (275) California Aug 24, 2010

Finally picked up a 4 pack. I put 2 in the fridge and am going to put the other 2 in my cellar. Can't wait to try it during dinner.
  35. NSaad23

NSaad23 Aficionado (200) Michigan Dec 13, 2011

I think it's around this week.
  36. Hanzo

Hanzo Champion (955) Virginia Feb 27, 2012

Still nothing in SE VA....getting anxious.
  37. jmw

jmw Savant (430) North Carolina Feb 4, 2009

Arrived in store yesterday in the woolly WV mountains. This is going to be nice to have this winter.
  38. sholle

sholle Aficionado (175) Montana Jan 2, 2011

I will have access and can hook you up need be, Tongo my man
  39. Much appreciated. I'll let you know in a week or so. NY is out of the running (couldn't get label approval, or something like that), but I do have feelers out in NJ and think I'll be able to get it there.
  40. bengore

bengore Aficionado (190) Illinois Nov 1, 2010

Any sightings in Chicago?
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.