Sierra Nevada PA at 1st Choice

Discussion in 'Australia & New Zealand' started by deathevocation, Mar 31, 2012.

1. I ducked in to buy some whiskey at 1st Choice and noticed they have SN PA for $16 a six pack or $50 a case. Pretty good price and it wasn't a promotion.

2. danieelol

danieelol Advocate (585) Australia Jun 15, 2010

They got the right idea

Although in all honesty I think pale ales are one area where the Aussie market far exceeds the imports, much rather drink a local pale ale like little creatures or stone & wood pacific than the imports

3. I ended up buying LC as it was in the fridge though prefer the SN - it's a bit more aggressive.

4. Lukie

Lukie Savant (435) Australia Jun 16, 2007

That is absurdly cheap... What import sticker was on it?

5. danieelol

danieelol Advocate (585) Australia Jun 15, 2010

Interesting...my experience is the opposite, although I do believe LCPA was originally based on SNPA

6. It would be on promotion. Went down to mine a week or so ago and they were selling it for 22 and around 70 for the carton. $16 and $50 the usual prices...not unless they have a pallet of it and I doubt that as its not exclusive to them.

7. I'll check next time I go there. I only go there as they have some dusty whiskey in there and I am slowly picking up the bottles, beer wise it's pretty terrible.

8. The one I pop into (Chadstone) has a pretty good selection 3 times out of 4. Last week they had 40 or so decent Australian beers, including (next to the SNPA) Chevalier Saison.