1. Trying to obtain a specific beer? Looking for a proxy or trustee? Tired of trading on other platforms? We've got you covered. Join our Beer Trading community to unlock this forum and new features! — Todd, Founder of BeerAdvocate

Silva Stout trades

Discussion in 'Trade Talk' started by evilc, Jan 10, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. evilc

evilc Initiate (0) Jan 27, 2012 California

Seeing some ridiculous offers ISO in the FT forum.

Just to help anyone, this years Silva Stout release is a 1 four pack person event for $65. There will be no distribution. I don't think things like BCBS or BCBCS will pull any. Pliny the Elder sure as hell won't. BCBS and BCBCS had massive multi-state distribution spread over multiple months. Silva is miniscule, sold for 3 hours to $65 ticket holders at the brewery - the end. The Midwest held San Diego hostage for Cherry Rye, so don't be upset if the Silva is held hostage! If people think San Diegans are being dicks with this release, don't forget we deal with the same all the time with Rare, Vanilla, Cherry Rye, lambics, and a zillion other beers we try and trade for.

2. MrVonzipper

MrVonzipper Initiate (0) May 9, 2011 California

As much as I agree with you and how there are many Midwest assholes that gut people thinking they are gods gift to craft beer. Silva stout 4pk is Not worth $65 a four pack! So you're all fucking stupid. Ill stick with my regular traders. Cheers!

chardlogic, ArrogantB and thegoon55 like this.
  3. evilc

Agree - I'm miffed at the cost for food, glassware, and an event I don't want. I bought tickets because I want to hookup my buddies!

MrVonzipper likes this.
  4. davey101

davey101 Initiate (0) Apr 14, 2009 Connecticut

$16 for a 12 oz bottle? Is that real? Or is that the event + glass + the beer?

Either way New England is crying and clearly left out of this quarrel....

5. evilc

Well, the price is $20 per four pack but you have to buy tickets and attend the event to get it. There are two tickets for sale:

1. $65 ticket for 1 four pack Silva Stout and glass, food + option to buy 1 four pack Shaggy for an additional $20

2. $65 ticket for 1 four pack Shaggy and glass, food + option to buy 1 four pack Silva Stout for an additional $20

They're sticking it to you for sure.

It would be nice if they said "Oh hey there evilc, would you like to buy an additional case for $120?"

TAKE MY MONEY

SD BA Stouts are expensive. $27 for a 750mL BA Speedway for example. We don't have reasonable options like BCBS for $21.99 at BevMo ( equivalent to Binny's in Chicago )

davey101 likes this.
  6. FunkyMacGroovin

FunkyMacGroovin Initiate (0) Sep 22, 2009 California

So, it's not a $65 4-pack.

7. davey101

Those...are the same god damn thing!! :confused:

ASUBeer likes this.
  8. Kazakhstan

Kazakhstan Initiate (0) Aug 7, 2012

Son you have no idea of how it was when Vanilla and Rare came out because you were not even around. Who rustled your jimmies over Silva's?

9. evilc

I guess it should trade 1 4 pack Silva Stout for 1 BCBCS, $4$ and all. Of course BCBCS stung a little bit, sometimes as much as $25, so the Silva Stout guy should add for sure.

davey101 likes this.
  10. davey101

Borat?

You're also a '12. BA join date =/= exposure to beer releases.

11. evilc

Midwest traders have rustled my jimmies for awhile. Thank goodness I found a couple kickass ones and I don't have to deal in the ISO:FT forum any longer.

nanobrew and davey101 like this.
  12. Arbitrator

Arbitrator Pooh-Bah (1,955) Nov 26, 2008 California
    Pooh-Bah Society Trader

13. goveia75

goveia75 Initiate (0) Mar 20, 2011 California

So does this make the Coffee Eclipse a $100 bottle, since tickets to the release party were $100 and only obtainable to attendees? I think your logic is a bit flawed.

14. evilc

You're missing the logic. I am not valuing it at $65, I am valuing it at $20. I posted the event price to display the beer is retarded lame to acquire and won't be traded for shelf wales of the same $ value.

vacax, GottaTickemAll and nanobrew like this.
  15. FunkyMacGroovin

FunkyMacGroovin Initiate (0) Sep 22, 2009 California

1) That is absolutely not what I said. Take a chill pill.

2) If you seriously want to go down this logic hole, Dark Lord becomes what, a $50 beer? Grey Monday is now worth ~$300. Anything that was sold via a paid raffle system is worth more too.

You paid for an event, and you also got beer. If you only paid for the beer, that sucks for you, but doesn't increase the value of the beer.

16. leschkie

leschkie Initiate (0) Jan 30, 2011 California

Serious question. Then why start this thread if you are unaffected and don't have to deal with the offers you see in the ISO:FT forum?

17. evilc

Please read further replies.

18. evilc

Have you ever been annoyed by things that don't affect you? If not - you're amazing. Sorry I am not as amazing.

19. Arbitrator

Arbitrator Pooh-Bah (1,955) Nov 26, 2008 California
    Pooh-Bah Society Trader

Actually, I'd agree. leschkie is pretty amazing. I think we could turn this into a thread about how amazing he is.

20. evilc

Fine by me, my venting is complete!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.