1. The wait is over! Download the BeerAdvocate app on iTunes or Google Play now.
  2. Get 12 issues / year of BeerAdvocate magazine for only $9.99!

Silva Stout trades

Discussion in 'Beer Trading Talk & Help' started by evilc, Jan 10, 2013.

1. evilc

evilc Initiate (0) California Jan 27, 2012

Seeing some ridiculous offers ISO in the FT forum.

Just to help anyone, this years Silva Stout release is a 1 four pack person event for $65. There will be no distribution. I don't think things like BCBS or BCBCS will pull any. Pliny the Elder sure as hell won't. BCBS and BCBCS had massive multi-state distribution spread over multiple months. Silva is miniscule, sold for 3 hours to $65 ticket holders at the brewery - the end. The Midwest held San Diego hostage for Cherry Rye, so don't be upset if the Silva is held hostage! If people think San Diegans are being dicks with this release, don't forget we deal with the same all the time with Rare, Vanilla, Cherry Rye, lambics, and a zillion other beers we try and trade for.
  2. As much as I agree with you and how there are many Midwest assholes that gut people thinking they are gods gift to craft beer. Silva stout 4pk is Not worth $65 a four pack! So you're all fucking stupid. Ill stick with my regular traders. Cheers!
    chardlogic, ArrogantB and thegoon55 like this.
  3. evilc

Agree - I'm miffed at the cost for food, glassware, and an event I don't want. I bought tickets because I want to hookup my buddies!
    MrVonzipper likes this.
  4. davey101

davey101 Initiate (0) Connecticut Apr 14, 2009

$16 for a 12 oz bottle? Is that real? Or is that the event + glass + the beer?

Either way New England is crying and clearly left out of this quarrel....
  5. evilc

Well, the price is $20 per four pack but you have to buy tickets and attend the event to get it. There are two tickets for sale:

1. $65 ticket for 1 four pack Silva Stout and glass, food + option to buy 1 four pack Shaggy for an additional $20

2. $65 ticket for 1 four pack Shaggy and glass, food + option to buy 1 four pack Silva Stout for an additional $20

They're sticking it to you for sure.

It would be nice if they said "Oh hey there evilc, would you like to buy an additional case for $120?"

TAKE MY MONEY

SD BA Stouts are expensive. $27 for a 750mL BA Speedway for example. We don't have reasonable options like BCBS for $21.99 at BevMo ( equivalent to Binny's in Chicago )
    davey101 likes this.
  6. So, it's not a $65 4-pack.
  7. davey101

Those...are the same god damn thing!! :confused:
    ASUBeer likes this.
  8. Kazakhstan

Kazakhstan Disciple (55) Aug 7, 2012

Son you have no idea of how it was when Vanilla and Rare came out because you were not even around. Who rustled your jimmies over Silva's?
  9. evilc

I guess it should trade 1 4 pack Silva Stout for 1 BCBCS, $4$ and all. Of course BCBCS stung a little bit, sometimes as much as $25, so the Silva Stout guy should add for sure.
    davey101 likes this.
  10. davey101

Borat?

You're also a '12. BA join date =/= exposure to beer releases.
  11. evilc

Midwest traders have rustled my jimmies for awhile. Thank goodness I found a couple kickass ones and I don't have to deal in the ISO:FT forum any longer.
    nanobrew and davey101 like this.
  12. Arbitrator

Arbitrator Initiate (0) California Nov 26, 2008

13. goveia75

goveia75 Savant (260) California Mar 20, 2011

So does this make the Coffee Eclipse a $100 bottle, since tickets to the release party were $100 and only obtainable to attendees? I think your logic is a bit flawed.
  14. evilc

You're missing the logic. I am not valuing it at $65, I am valuing it at $20. I posted the event price to display the beer is retarded lame to acquire and won't be traded for shelf wales of the same $ value.
    vacax, GottaTickemAll and nanobrew like this.
  15. 1) That is absolutely not what I said. Take a chill pill.

2) If you seriously want to go down this logic hole, Dark Lord becomes what, a $50 beer? Grey Monday is now worth ~$300. Anything that was sold via a paid raffle system is worth more too.

You paid for an event, and you also got beer. If you only paid for the beer, that sucks for you, but doesn't increase the value of the beer.
  16. leschkie

leschkie Savant (495) California Jan 30, 2011

Serious question. Then why start this thread if you are unaffected and don't have to deal with the offers you see in the ISO:FT forum?
  17. evilc

Please read further replies.
  18. evilc

Have you ever been annoyed by things that don't affect you? If not - you're amazing. Sorry I am not as amazing.
  19. Arbitrator

Actually, I'd agree. leschkie is pretty amazing. I think we could turn this into a thread about how amazing he is.
  20. evilc

Fine by me, my venting is complete!
  21. Kazakhstan

No, let's just focus on how can I be the arbitrator of the next beer being released in my area.
  22. evilc

davey101 likes this.
  23. Arbitrator

Sounds good. So, let me count the ways in which I love you, Kurtis:

1) You can talk technical to me, and I'll understand it. I can talk technical back, and you'll understand it. It's sexy.
    2) You're a ridiculously skinny person for a BA.
    3) You are unbearably generous with your beer, even your rare beer, to the point where I don't trust you.
    5) You've held some great LIFs, showing you are community-minded.
    6) You took tons of shipping material off my hands and even offered to ship stuff for me when I joined your LIF.
    7) You didn't even notice I skipped #4.
    8) You singlehandedly made Iced Eclipse rarer by dropping a bottle.
    9) You're going to buy me a beer for this at Good Karma.
    10) You let WilliamWallacewestcoastbeerlvr carry you around at Eclipse.

You're a good guy, Kurtis. Don't change.
  24. As I understand your point, coffee eclipse is much more valuable as its a 22oz bottle and far less produced. The Iced Eclipse was almost valued that high because of the Rarity. Just over 100 bottles produced because of several broken day of and Sean Thompson having the rest lol. I traded my Iced eclipse for a Rare+3 other great bottles. The problem with the coffee eclipse is that it's COFFEE and the problem with Silva is that they are fucking 12oz bottles making the overall value much less. $65 for a 4pk (nobody gives a fuck about the food) = rapefest.
  25. evilc

The food trend definitely needs to stop. LA Barrel Night ( to get Veritas 011 ) - blah. I like the way AleSmith does their limited releases - flawless.
    GottaTickemAll likes this.
  26. davey101

I love food!
    Hugonaut13 and mcbeerbrew like this.
  27. I hereby dedicate this thread to leschkie. Everyone should send him a bottle of Silva Stout. Or BCBCS. Whichever is rarer.
  28. Kazakhstan

In your OP you made your intentions of holding Silva's hostage pretty clear and you strike me as whiny in general. Whereas in that other thread I was only commenting on the value of BT '09 in general (knowing to some extent what I referred to as nasty whatever's jackassery).

Yes I am judging you and no, I do not have a dog in any fight. I am just a guy on the internet.
    MrVonzipper likes this.
  29. Arbitrator

Please stay on topic. This is a leschkie appreciation thread. Food and leschkie don't belong in the same post. leschkie has never seen food.
    bugdoc and Hugonaut13 like this.
  30. Kazakhstan

Can I send him food from the dinner? Boxed by the waitstaff of course, with full knowledge of the proprietor.
  31. I'm pretty sure he subsists mainly on Heady Topper and shelf wales.
    Arbitrator likes this.
  32. evilc

I really couldn't care less about you. You strike me as a jackass in general. Please delete the internutz from your iphone or computer.

As for holding them hostage, I am not trading any. I'm sending them off to non-jackasses with no trade. Send me your address and I'll send you a shattered bottle.

If by "holding them hostage" you mean "not trading them for Pliny the Elder" - you got me bro, we're hostage takers!
  33. Kazakhstan

I will. Do you promise to not hold Silva's for a ransom (your own words)?
  34. evilc

Yep!
  35. vurt

vurt Savant (495) Oregon Apr 11, 2004

I thought you San Diegans keep telling everyone that you have enough great beer right where you are?
  36. evilc

I find myself unable to drink our beer. If it doesn't come in a FedEx or UPS box I don't drink it...
    vurt likes this.
  37. davey101

But how do I win the trade then?
  38. Knowing leschkie (as I barely do), you'll end up with a bottle of something stupidly awesome on your doorstep.
  39. I am going to have to disagree with you there Arbi. One time I saw Leschkie eat a whole two pieces of pizza, he also regaled me with stories of eating Wendy's triple cheeseburgers back in high school.
    Arbitrator likes this.

40. FTFY
    Arbitrator likes this.