1. Extreme Beer Fest tickets go on sale Sat, Sep 27 @ Noon EDT.
  2. The wait is over! Download the BeerAdvocate app on iTunes or Google Play now.
  3. Get 12 issues / year of BeerAdvocate magazine for only $9.99!

Single Bottle Selection - West Twin Cities Metro

Discussion in 'US - Midwest' started by SudsSavant, Apr 8, 2014.

1. Looking to put together a couple of mixed six packs for some folks in Iowa this weekend and curious if anyone knows of a good location or two that has a good single bottle selection. I'm aware of what Four Firkins has (and not looking to start another discussion about business merits, there's already a thread for that), just curious what other options are out there. I work in the Maple Grove area, live in the SW burbs, and will be in the Savage/Prior Lake area Tuesday night so anything in those areas are naturally preferred.

2. nograz

nograz Aficionado (145) Minnesota Oct 30, 2013

Princeton's in Maple Grove has a descent selection.

cmannes and Mnmaverick like this.
  3. Blue Max is right down Co. Rd. 42 in Burnsville.

4. MNPikey

MNPikey Advocate (500) Minnesota Feb 27, 2011

Princetons or MGM in Maple Grove.

5. TboneRN

TboneRN Savant (355) Minnesota Mar 30, 2014

South Lyndale liquor, I know its not in the suburbs but its not a far drive and they have a great selection of single bottles

6. cmannes

cmannes Savant (390) Minnesota Mar 15, 2009

Princeton's, MGM, or the new giant Haskell's by Target in Maple Grove.

7. Ridder

Ridder Aficionado (155) Minnesota Nov 30, 2013

SW Burbs? Hit Haskell's in Chanhassen. Pretty good selection. I have not been to the (new) Haskell's in Maple Grove but I have heard good things about it.

8. Thanks for all the suggestions folks! Popped down to Princeton's today on my lunch hour. The shelf space was there but some of the selections were a little sparse. Then again, Tuesday at noon probably isn't a high traffic time. Got to to talk with Bill for a bit and he even offered that if there was something that wasn't on the shelf he'd be willing to split some packs up and put them out there, and that was after I saw the Blakkr and Abrasive already on the shelf.

All around good shop and extra impressed with the knowledge and helpfulness of the staff. I've been referred a couple of times before but always went to the Osseo location. I think Maple Grove might be a more regular stop, now to just find a decent and quick lunch stop near there too for these work runs.

Extra bonus...I got all the KBS carriers I wanted with no truck chasing! :cool: