Singlecut Beersmiths: Mastery knows no shortcuts. Pursuing amazing craft in Queens!

Discussion in 'Mid-Atlantic' started by Kristinemarie47, Jun 17, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Zonk

Zonk Initiate (0) Dec 2, 2014 New Jersey

I just sent a bottle of Bon Bon to someone in a trade and apparently it had enough DMS to be a drainpour. Just curious if anyone else has had issues since his review seems to be the only one posted from the new batch.

2. HeyLady

HeyLady Initiate (0) Sep 17, 2015 New York

Had no issue at all with my two Bon Bon bottles. I actually thought it was top notch, really good.

#302 HeyLady, Oct 12, 2015
    Last edited: Oct 12, 2015
    algebeeric_topology likes this.
  3. BltByKrmn

BltByKrmn Initiate (0) Jan 16, 2013 New York

No issues with my 2 bottles.

4. pinyin

pinyin Savant (1,065) Sep 19, 2013 New York

not sure what DMS is but I've never had any issues with Bon Bon bottles. I've bought at least 30 of them.

The Azacca hops do tend to fade pretty quickly though so drink em as soon as you get em.

5. Jlabs

Jlabs Pooh-Bah (2,608) Nov 11, 2013 New York
    Pooh-Bah Trader

no issues with the recent batch of Bon-Bon either..its tasted fantastic!

6. Zonk

Its a brewing byproduct that leads to "cooked corn" flavors. Can't say I'm that familiar with it myself. It happens from mashing and fermentation, and people have different levels of sensitivity to it. I believe it occurs in all beers as a byproduct, but too much is considered a flaw.

7. SRBush1974

SRBush1974 Initiate (0) Apr 18, 2015 New Jersey

No issue with a Bon Bon bottle I had this weekend, from the latest release. But wasn't nearly as good as I remembered. Solid and the best of all the Singlecut I had so far. Also sent one out to IL, so will see what he thinks.

Just picked up a Billy Full Stack yesterday. Was surprised that the bottle was 16.9 and not 25. Thought they were always bigger. For the $6.59 I get them for, not too bad. But at $7-9, seems like better options out there.

algebeeric_topology likes this.
  8. LuskusDelph

LuskusDelph Initiate (0) May 1, 2008 New Jersey

So you'll dismiss a potentially fine brewery just because you don't agree with their taste in music?
    Really? I hope you're kidding.
    To each his own, I guess...

I haven't had the chance to try their beers yet, but I've been hearing great things and am looking forward to the opportunity.
    I like good beer and for 50 years my life and livelihood has been in the theatre and related fields...so if they make good beer and support the arts, they're ok in my book. :grinning:

9. Kanger

Kanger Initiate (0) Sep 3, 2013 New York

I opened a bottle of DARL last night. No issues.

10. paddyfrankie

paddyfrankie Initiate (0) Jan 14, 2015 New York

The big issue with them is consistency. Sometimes the beer is overcarbed, as mentioned above. Sometimes it just tastes completely different from the batch before. This batch of Full Stack is awesome. If it continues to be that good people will notice, but consistency is key. It is essential especially at the price point/format that they want to go with.

11. BrooklynKing

BrooklynKing Initiate (0) Mar 26, 2015 New York

My big issue is I have heard, tasted and seen more negative than good things. One good beer doesn't make a brewery. I've had a lot of bad, esp during Queens beer week this year. Finback and Other Half and even Rockaway and Big Alice are way too much competition.

12. HeyLady

HeyLady Initiate (0) Sep 17, 2015 New York

Very interesting. I feel the complete opposite. I think most of the posts here are positive.

13. BrooklynKing

BrooklynKing Initiate (0) Mar 26, 2015 New York

I live near the brewery.

14. robertduffy

robertduffy Initiate (0) Feb 14, 2012 New York

FYI I have found Singlecut bottles cheaper across the street of their brewery at Best Market compared to what they are selling it in-house.

Dirtyhands likes this.
  15. SkiBum22

SkiBum22 Pooh-Bah (1,728) Oct 18, 2009 New York
    Pooh-Bah Society Trader

Looks like Billy 200-Watt is available again starting today. If anyone missed this last time you should try to get a hold of this one. One of the best DIPA's I've had coming out of NYC

16. OGShotzy

OGShotzy Maven (1,298) Oct 5, 2014 Pennsylvania

How obtainable are these bottles in Manhattan? Wedding there Saturday afternoon/night; hoping to grab some Sunday morning or afternoon, perhaps.

17. algebeeric_topology

algebeeric_topology Pooh-Bah (2,028) Dec 30, 2014 Florida
    Pooh-Bah Society Trader

Tends to be totally attainable. Everybody in manhattan gets bottles. You might feel a bit sore paying that much for 16.9 oz, but you're paying to not have to wait in line!

18. Fahmie25

Fahmie25 Initiate (0) Jan 2, 2008 New York

you should be able to pick them up at any whole foods in NYC. theyre super prevalent when they hit shelves, which was fairly recently in this case

19. OGShotzy

OGShotzy Maven (1,298) Oct 5, 2014 Pennsylvania

Thanks!

20. Zonk

For some reason Chelsea doesn't seem to get them regularly.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.