1. The wait is over! Download the BeerAdvocate app on iTunes or Google Play now.
  2. Get 12 issues / year of BeerAdvocate magazine for only $9.99!

Site Update: Feb 24, 2012

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by Todd, Feb 24, 2012.

1. wintbs379

wintbs379 Savant (325) Michigan Mar 13, 2009

Is there a way to see other members Gots/Wants right now?

Wasatch likes this.
  2. wintbs379

wintbs379 Savant (325) Michigan Mar 13, 2009

Is there a way to delete conversations?

3. Wasatch

Wasatch Advocate (695) Utah Jun 8, 2005

Great idea, and link them also.

4. If you are in the Conversation thread, at the top there is a link that says "Leave Conversation" That will delete it, and then you can choose to receive more posts or not from there.

wintbs379 likes this.
  5. Derranged

Derranged Advocate (525) New York Mar 7, 2010

I actually like the set up of this forum better than the other, its certainly more advanced.

6. I would be down for this also. Even if it's not the homepage, maybe just a "rundown" link or "top threads" page.

kingcrowing likes this.
  7. Great work so far! Are we getting our "stats" back? I.E. the number of Breweries, styles, states etc.?

happy4hoppybeer and u2carew like this.
  8. Brad007

Brad007 Advocate (620) Vermont Mar 28, 2007

Whew! I feel less anxious now about this transition. Thanks for pointing out what should have been obvious to me.

9. jrnyc

jrnyc Advocate (640) New York Mar 21, 2010

There is a Whats New hyperlink at top of page so you can see all recent threads, giving same functionality old site with being able to see all threads without going into each forum

andrewinski1 likes this.
  10. kawilliams81 and wintbs379 like this.
  11. Wondering the same thing. I can see mine but not sure if there is a way to see anyone else's?

12. djbreezy

djbreezy Advocate (510) Washington Dec 16, 2008

As a web developer, I know how much work this is so thank you!

13. Currently I am unable to add beers. Any thoughts? It currently says I need 20 reviews (which I meet).

thanks,
    Rob

14. What about old posts I have entered? I want to go back to one of my old forum posts, but don't know how to get there.

juzy and ShwarzAl3r like this.
  15. Still having some trouble getting used to this new stuff but i'm trying to stay optimistic about it, I don't see my hads anywhere i've looked though.

As of right now, I liked the simplicity of the old BA much more.

16. Since things are changing here anyway, perhaps now would be a good time to suggest an easy addition which would probably be appreciated: an RSS feed of one's recent beer reviews. I was able to create one from the old profile page with the help of feed43, but obviously that doesn't work anymore... I think many people would like to share their beer reviews on facebook, on their on webpages etc., so an RSS feed including links to the review, beer, brewery, style, rating would be great.

Looking forward to seeing how the new site will look.

Retail1LO likes this.
  17. I'm hoping these eventually comes back, too. There's so much information in the old forums that I miss having access to, even as an archive.

juzy likes this.
  18. Please tell me we will have access to the old threads!

19. Todd

Todd Founder (1,515) Colorado Aug 23, 1996 Staff Member

As stated in the updates ... we'll eventually be archiving them, but it's not a priority at the moment.

20. trginter

trginter Savant (380) Michigan Dec 1, 2008

If you search Google you can view a cached version of the old forums if you need.

21. schoolboy

schoolboy Savant (445) Ohio Dec 23, 2005

As another developer, yes, I appreciate the effort, but (not wanting to sound harsh) I don't think it has as good info as the old layout and it is no more useable. I hope I see some benefit but so far I have not.

22. Hi. Any way to search for fellow BA's by my area, such as type in a city under search and all BA's in that city are shown? Thank you, Brian

23. Todd

There isn't. There wasn't before either. Well, at one point there was, but we removed it due to too many stores/bars using it to spam.

24. djbreezy

djbreezy Advocate (510) Washington Dec 16, 2008

Yeah it's certainly missing the integrated feeling. On one account it's more usable on the iPad and the server is much faster.

Is the integration coming back? The rewards aka beer karma kept me coming back and participating so heavily. The next step seems unclear. The forums are still fun though. Good discussion.

25. Todd

Yes. As per the updates we're working on it. We'll update everyone once it's complete.

26. Would LOVE an RSS feed for reviews...or otherwise have the "share" function for Facebook, Twitter, whatever. That would be outstanding.