1. The wait is over! Download the BeerAdvocate app on iTunes or Google Play now.
  2. Get 12 issues / year of BeerAdvocate magazine for only $9.99!

Site Update: Missing Account?

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by Todd, Mar 4, 2012.

1. Todd

Todd Founder (1,430) Colorado Aug 23, 1996 Staff Member

As posted in previous update threads, a small number of users failed to migrate over to the new forum/user system. We're not 100% sure what caused this, but any data by these users is intact. It's just not syned to a new account.

Good news: today I've created a script that will sync these users upon request. Please follow these instructions if (and only if) you suspect that you're one of these users.
    1. Double check! Try logging in using your previous username (or email) and password.
    2. If this fails, email me (todd at beeradvocate dot com) with your old username and email.
    3. Once I verify the info is correct, I'll create your new account, sync it and reply.
    4. If you've already created a new account, email me with your old username and email, as well as your new username. I'll be able to sync the new account.
    I've successfully applied this to everyone who has emailed me up until this post.

Cheers!